Technicolor
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Technicolor Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews
fastpaced work job was not getting enough shifts the team was good and cooperative but whenever they didn't got work they used to send the workers at home
The best part was never knowing what you were walking into at the start of your shift, could be somewhat mundane or something realy challenging that the previous shift had struggled with all day, and it felt good to leave knowing the place was better for having been there.
Initially it was every man for himself however with patience and collaboration the culture slowly became more and more inclusive.

While I was there we had 4 owners, Show adds, Pacific Magazine and Packaging (PMP), Southern Star Endamol, and Technicolor,The best management was,when PMP, were the owners as they had a very progressive training program. I learnt a lot about myself and the way some other people think and behave

The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking off, knowing the plant was running better than when you started.
Pros
Bonus systen
Cons
DVD sales are in rapid decline
TECHNICOLOR is a great place to work. Everyone treated the same and they put and care for the safety of the people who works around the company. I like working at TECHNICOLOR.
Repetitive work. Supportive coworker. Always have someone to guide you. Seasonal demand work due to dying industry. Strict security and you may not stick to only 1 line but could be all rounder too.
I learned time management skills, good team work, good work environment, good staff, and good employer. Also, Its convenient from train station so good place to work.
I learn much skills , how to be co-operator with all team work
I am reliable and active

friendly

educated

the problem there was no enough hours

not full time job
Pros
friend
Cons
I worked there for 24 years it was a great place to work good benefits good people to work with there was lots of overtime when I worked there job stability was good
Pros
Sometimes free pizzas
Cons
Lots of overtime
• Served as coordinator between the manufacturing shop floor, and the shipping carrier to ensure on-time delivery.
• Participated in monthly cycle counting for warehouse and shop to ensure accountability of inventory.

• Used database software Vantage to create daily batch reports. That confirmed all the inbound and outbound stock from the warehouse.

• Work under intense pressure to meet shipping deadlines.

• Ensure that quality assurance checks are completed and maintained.
There is no specific team leader that has the ability to show good management skill.

Production manager is OK but need to show some leadership.

Each station has its own one experienced staff that will micro manager at what you do.

The culture over there is not what you expect in Australian workplace. The culture/environment is more like working at a third world country where they treat you like a slave.

Never have I seen such disgusting workplace environment. They shout at you for small mistakes. Again, the experienced employee that teach you are very disrespectful towards you. It's probably their own individual background.

This should be an Australian workplace but no one has the guts to stand up for themselves, therefore, the bad environment lingers.

The employees are mainly non English speaking background. since the experienced staffs are also non English speaking background, they will treat you like slave.

They don't have their own HR, therefore, they hire through agency to deal with it.

They always push you like a robot/slave. Seriously, this needs to change.

Thank god I quit a long time ago.
Pros
only when it's break time.
Cons
everything
7/10, friendly staff and IT to help with trouble shooting. Production workflow often plagued by equipment and program failures, otherwise work is enjoyable.
Pros
Occassional free lunch and bonuses, work often enjoyable.
Cons
Occasional equipment faliure can make workload stressing.
Very friendly,multicultural environment. Fast paste but only very easy job to do. Technicolor was my very first pick packing job and i learnt most of my skills there. such a great place i wish i still worked there.
Pros
great hourly rate, spacious working place, great people, great supervisors. they have a whole kitchen and give you ice blocks on hot days
Cons
not enough hours, no canteen just a vending machine but there is a liitle corner servo
Do not work at Technicolor. It is a thankless, boring, dead in the eye place. Avoid for your own well-being! This is why Multi-national, profit seeking companies are so bad for us!
Cons
I am writing to apply for the position of graphic designer as advertised on recruit.com.hk. Please find attached my profile and resume for your reference. I am available immediately. My present & expected salary is 19000 per month. I look forward to discussing my attributes and experience with you in detail.
The industry is slowly dying due the NBN and associated technology, although through mergers and games etc it has grown for Technicolor, the writing is on the wall.
Pros
reasonable breaks, flexible hours, air conditioned, clean environment
Cons
extensive flexi time, in lieu of over time, too many last minute emergencies
Technicolor provide good hour and benefit. It has healthy working environment so you can enjoy your work. Supervisor are so helpful. They provide you guidance in every section so that you feel comfortable.
Productive workers, however the workload sways drastically daily. Can have a full 2 days of work to do in a single day then the very next day you may not even be called for work the next day.
easy to work and pay details are very clear
A job performance review is no place to be shy. Treat your review like a chance to be completely frank about any opinions you have about the job, whether they're positive or negative (without being rude, of course). This includes opinions about your pay, your working conditions, your coworkers, and even your managers. You don't get this opportunity very often — normally, employees are expected to be much more guarded. Keep in mind, however, that the supervisor giving the review has the opportunity to be just as frank about you.
I have been learned and gained a huge experienced at workplace regarding to customer services, handling with a very difficulty customers, be patient, good listening, give them a new option to make sure they satisfies.
I believe I'm good at organize, work under pressure, set up time frame and work without supervisor.
No job security. always cancel shifts. some time 4 hr only shift. Average management. Workculture nice. all permanent employees supportivr
Pros
work
Cons
lass hours
They just care about the work being done and dont take interest in creating a nice enviroment.
Theres little or no training at all.

Beside this, shifts hours are ok.
nice company, for job and learning peruse. interment of company nice and help full. management is perfectly well manage and co worker are also help full.