Telethon Institute for Child Health Research Employee Reviews

2.7Job Security & Advancement
Horrible
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Subiaco WA21 February 2018
Horrible and cruel place. Animals are in constant pain and are tortured. This disgusting practice needs to be stopped. How can anyone work in such a place. Pure evil.
Pros
Cons
Watching animals suffer
Telethon
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Research, VIC14 October 2014
Loved working with the institute, again very supportive freindly
Exiting and rewarding position within a world-wide recognised Research Faciility
I commenced my employment with the Child Health Research Institute as receptionist, with responsibilities of the telephone and greeting visitors, and arranging parking spaces.
I was offered an administraion position within the Raine Study, as a booking clerk, which involves making sure the members of the study group are contacted on a regular basis, and as this is a very important role, it gives me satisfaction when every thing goes smoothly ( which is does not always.. ), I have learned to be patient, and not panic when one of the participants does not show up, when there are four people waiting to examine him / her,
There are six others in the adminstration group, and we each have our particular roles to play to ensure the scientists obtain the information they require to continue the Study.
I am usually on the telephone for up to six hours per day, and the rest of the day is filled in with data entry of the results of the phone calls and liasing with the rest of the team.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when all of the participants turn up for their appointment, and the rest of the staff can carry out their work,
Pros
Staff Salary packaging, and free parking space alongside the building
Cons
Lon hours no the telephone can become tedious