Teletrac Navman
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Teletrac Navman Employee Reviews

Real competitive industry and tech is changing weekly. Management was very responsive and seemed competent. Seemed when issues came up the c suit was on it.
no ofrecen una capacitación como tal, en ese entonces estaba una agente en periodo de prueba de supervisor de nombre Eloisa, fuera de su falta de experiencia como supervisora, su rol mientras estuve de prueba fue un tanto acosadora, yo me queje en recursos humanos y solo esperaron a que terminara mi periodo de prueba, no se hizo mas nada, espero sirva este feedback.
Pros
sueldo, horario
Cons
la falta de profesionalismo en algunas personas en áreas estratégicas de la empresa.
Remote based with supportive and enthusiastic team. Good ongoing training and company integrity. Great products and follow up service. Highly recomended.
Pros
Cons
Some 3rd party product issues
This organisation moves the goal posts to suit themselves without warning and not in writing around the terms of your employment contract. There is an embedded culture of over-working to the detriment of work-life balance and if staff are not dedicated to this culture it is frowned upon. Overall, despite competent, experienced customer service skills, efforts are not appreciated and staff are not valued by the organisation.
Unfortunately there's been a lot of changes there, so their future is uncertain. It was a great company to work for before the merger. The benefits are good.
The best company I have had the opportunity to work for. Everyone there was nice and helpful. They have a great work atmosphere there. They treated each other like family and always want you to do your best.
Place to learn about new products, Also provides steps on how to provide good customer service. Employees are always there to help if you have any questions.
Get to work and clock in. Calls are pending so once you login calls would be already on hold. You would get a call and assist the client on the other end of the phone. I was a technical support representative and we had to assist our clients with whatever technical issues they were having with there GPS UNITS. Systems and softwares would constantly change and crash occasionally and new systems and practices would be implemented without notice. The hardest part of the job was trying to sound like I knew what you were talking about when you really didn't. This was a result of bad training and preparation which led to many difficulties for colleagues and I, but most importantly our clientele. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was actually able to help and provide good and honest feedback on things I new about and practiced.
With a stretched thin, limited staff, and an internal entitlement/lack of accountability culture spread throughout there is literally no chance this company comes away victorious. Management is a political mess. They don't communicate with each other and are often sending different messages to the employees. Lastly, there have been a few instances of commissions not getting paid on time as well as commission payments being inaccurate. The health benefits from the parent company are excellent, but the compensation has stalled dramatically.
Pros
Parent company, Fortive, provides good health benefits
Cons
No room for career growth, lack of accountability, no company vision, lack of communication, every department is overworked and underpaid
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Teletrac Navman?
Great place to work with plenty of opportunities to advance your knowledge. Fun workplace with a great team environment. One of the things that was frustrating is the lack of planning for major market events (new laws/product requirements)
I was a Tier 1 technical support agent. The pay was great, the people were great but management could use a lot of work and experience though. These youngsters thought they ran the place. Hardly anyone was available to lend a helping hand, and when they did, they acted as if they were bothered. As the months went by, they added more responsibilities to you, but the pay raises never came. Training was way too brief. You had to learn pretty much as you received each call. The software they use is outdated, and each time IT made any updates, it would create bugs and glitches in the company and also with the equipment installed on the commercial trucks. Drivers were irritated, annoyed. Companies were put in violation of DOT policies simply because our system was not up to par. Parking was also a bit crazy, you had to park on the street or on the other building across.
Pros
Hourly Pay, co-workers
Cons
Management, software, faulty equipment, tiny break room, no parking in the complex
Teletrac has a good work model, however, it is just lip service. There is a big disconnect with upper management and layman. The would benefit greatly, by listening and hearing what their employees are saying. They have the key to a happy customer base.
Management plays favorites and it makes it hard to be promoted.
I've seen good people that had been there for years be passed up for promotion in place of newer employees that had not been there as long.
Pros
lots of free lunches
Cons
too much favoritism
I have been around here for a while and i enjoy working with my team. The manager lets you explore and become an asset to the company. It helps when the organization embraces six sigma techniques and methodologies. There is a great work/life balances as long as you get your job done, you can even work at home 100% or have a flexible (hybrid) office/home.
Pros
Lots of snacks, company sponsored events
Cons
The compensation is not the best
Teletrac Navman was the catapult for my career. I have earned far beyond my initial expectations and continue to grow and learn. I would highly recommend Teletrac Navman as an Entry-Level position with a great opportunity to learn and grow and use the skills in future positions.
Pros
Income
Cons
Corporate
Fast pace company with new inovation coming. Great people there. I enjoyed working at Teletrac. The latest software was not freindly to customers.IT in Garden Grove rules.
Pros
healthcare, snacks in breakroom
Cons
software is not customer freindly
Great place to work for, worked there for many years, very professional, hardest part of the job for me that there was hardly any progression for my position
Pros
office hours
Cons
low wage
A great place to work with good culture
One of the key players in telematics space

Lot of focus on continuous improvement and company transitioning to agile based software development
Pros
free food, great salary, backed by solid corporation
Cons
hiring practices not up to par, departments not held accountable for poor quality, poor customer service
Managers are mediocre at best. Poor support structure for employees in the field. Expected to travel anywhere, fix anything, do anything at the drop of a hat. Poor working conditions.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
working remotely has its benefits and disadvantages. unfortunately i had more cons than pros when working remotely so ultimately my role was not for me.
Great place to work. Salary is competitive and they really care about the customers and employees. Excellent cutting-edge products to help a bushiness grow