Telstra Employee Reviews

Review on inbound sales
Inbound sales/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bentleigh VIC4 May 2018
Working with Telstra was an interesting time which provided an interesting office culture which i had not experienced before. My main duty was to handle incoming customer calls. I originally took the role as i believed my main duty would be to help customers with there current services and aid them in getting the best value for there money. I quickly learnt that this was not the case i was employed to up sell customers on there current plans, even if they did not need the services i was upgrading them to. I found the job to be grosely unfulfilling and i resigned within a short time of beginning
Pros
Free lunch
Rewarding and fun
Despatcher (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW2 May 2018
Working at Telstra was quite a rewarding job. I worked as part of an amazing team to achieve the goals and objectives of the role. The role consisted of getting all of the day's appointments attended to on time which sometimes meant re-negotiating with customers. The pressure sometimes was very high.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Very stressful
Nod and smile or be damned
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 May 2018
Wanted improvements but with no extra staff or ability to streamline processes. Was about who you knew not what. Virtually no induction/formal training at a manager level. Anytime something fell over the response was "thats Telstra". An utter debacle.
Pros
Free phone
Cons
Stress unending
A fast-paced exciting environment
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 May 2018
A great place to learn about telecommunications, solve technical problems, multi-task, and impress customers with your friendly personality and customer service skills.
Enjoyed my job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 April 2018
I really loved working for Telstra, as most people would know it isn't always smooth sailing with customer service, but I really enjoyed helping customers with the inquiries and helping find solutions to their problems.
Project Co-ordinator role
Project Scheduler & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 April 2018
i was a master schedular in Telstra. the program was worth 50 Mil AUD. i was handling various streams in scheduling. i was interacting with many project manager which was really good.
Okay
NBN Specialist/ Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salamander Bay NSW19 April 2018
Telstra is a great company to work for however the store I worked in was poorly organised with there appointment schedule, and it would become quite frustrating but other than that they are a great company to work with.
Creative evironment with dedicated people
Senior Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 April 2018
The My Chooser project is a very worthwhile one and the people on the team are smart, creative and focussed on making it a success. The team works very harmoniously and is respectful of everyone's inputs.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Links to the rest of Telstra Health/Telstra are weak
friendly work environment
Customer service consultant complex (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT15 April 2018
fast paced help desk ,all tools and training provided to complete required tasks .
Good work place culture ,safe environment ,encourages and provides further training and education in many fields across Telstra
Pros
fun and friendly work environment
Cons
No free parking
Prior to privatisation was a great place to work however work culture changed immensely.
Level 6 Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD15 April 2018
Starting at the bottom level and over a period of years it was great to learn all the new technology being phased in. Hardest part of the job was the constant changes involved with becoming a private company. A great place to work and enjoy family lifestyle.

Want to know more about Telstra?

Ask a question
Strong project focused with high level of service expectation
Business / Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 April 2018
Strong project focused with high level of service expectation.
High level of support for workplace culture and Job work / life balance
Customer focused
Stats driven
Excellent safety culture in high risk environment
it's just a job - political, bad workplace culture, old school, avoidable
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC12 April 2018
lots of jobs available

work culture sucks
management rules
avoid this place, if possible

my learning is it's good to just start your work experience and get out at the earliest.

Further up the chain, it's fun as the cronies do all the jobs and the managers relax and protect their cushioned existence.
productive and fun workplace
CATV installer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 April 2018
excellent salary and benefits. Company van, company phone and winter and summer uniforms supplied. CATV course payed for and payed while doing the course.
Pros
Van, Tools, Phone, Uniforms supplied
Cons
6 month contracts
Sales Consultant
telstra Business Centre - Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD5 April 2018
great place when I first started, They also have great learning potential if you put in the hard yards. but they are not really open to listening to staff, its their way or the highway. There is a lot of bullying in the work place and a lot of staff turn over
Pros
Awesome building and facilities
Cons
to much pressure
the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer service officer (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC28 March 2018
Enjoyed working with Telstra and its staff and clients and providing excellent service to our clients Extremely well rewarded whist working there.,in one particular was awarded Vic/ Tas customer service representative of the year also in the same year was awarded 4th nationally
Pros
Great rewardes
Cons
when provided with extra pay a cosequence was that lost our jobs
Great team
Field Deployment Support - Northern Remote QLD (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD26 March 2018
Great hours
Great management
We were made redundant due to centralisation of deployment to Brisbane
Lots of fun great team to work with
Lifelong friends
Introduction into Technology
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW20 March 2018
I spent 12 years with this company and made many friends . This was a retail role so dealt with a lot of different people which always made the job interesting .We had many social occasions which was great for team morale . Career wise I advanced from a shop assistant into a Store Manager .
Pros
Varied from day to day never boring
Cons
Rotating roster
Never again
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Queen Street QLD18 March 2018
Sales representative making outbound calls to anyone who was with Telstra.. Yes I was that annoying telemarketer trying to force you to upgrade or sell more. Never liked it because I hate forcing people to buy things!!.
full time position 9 - 5pm
Sitting all day and making calls all day
Pros
Good weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Great work culture and work/life balance
Content Partners Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 March 2018
Telstra has helped me gain a lot of new experiences and skills by allowing me to dip into various tasks/projects. It's got a great working culture and is all about providing its staff flexibility to ensure they have a a good work/life balance.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Approval processes
Good Place to Work
Proffessional Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW14 March 2018
Good, changing culture throughout the workplace. Telstra is currently digitising and modernising and is an exciting place to work at present

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility and opportunity to learn more skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.