Telstra Employee Reviews

Found 721 reviews matching the search See all 1,042 reviews
working for telstra was very interesting
Technician (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC20 May 2019
my review of working in Telstra was very interesting as I did a few different aspects of the company I learnt to be a qualified technician gaining my asutel license and the most enjoyable part of the job was when I was sent to a company in pasco vale where the leading cable was cut now the problem was they cut it always so I had to devise a way to stop that from happening so I put in a false bottom in the pit with the true cable underneath covered with sand and a false bottom and a piece of cable to look like the cable was repaired and left in place so when they came to cut the false cable the alarms and phone systems were still working and when they broke in the got caught and arrested for break in and I received a recommendation letter from coles-myer and a thank you voucher of 250 dollars for my idea and work.
Pros
always learning new aspects in my job
Cons
site closure of my department
Great place to work with much to learn with many challenges.
Senior Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 May 2019
During my time at Telstra i have worked with many smart and fun people, always willing to assist when required. Leading technology was always the focus.
Excellent work life balance. Management have their staff's best interest
PROJECT MANAGER - CUSTOMER PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 May 2019
At Telstra flexibility is well supported by Management. In return my days are very productive. Work Life Balance is important.
Also, Telstra values are applied and executed by staff. This allows for a comfortable and enjoyable workplace.
Relevant training that Telstra provides also allowed me to enhance my skills, and delivering Projects on time which was most rewarding.
On the other hand deadlines were also challenging when having to rely on tasks being completed by others stakeholders within the business. With effective communication and working together as a team to meet the Customer's expectations deliverables were achieved.
Pros
Excellent work life balance
Cons
Job security
Good and Bad
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 May 2019
Good:
- pay is above average
- teammates
- job satisfaction

Not so good:
- higher ups disconnection from front line
- gender balance
- targeting
- work/life balance
- security
- culture
A very well organised company good systems apart from billing.
Communication technician (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT6 May 2019
A very good company to work for. Good field systems for field staff. the billing was a bit of a confusing issue but is getting better now.
The worst complaint was overseas call centres.
Was great but now a skeleton
NETWORK MANAGER-COMPLEX CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne South East VIC5 May 2019
Always busy and something always going on. There is plenty of variety, however job security is always at the front of your mind as most roles will be off shored at some stage. Plenty of good people and devoted managers unfortunately not supported by the senior leadership team(SLT) as they demand cost reductions and staff reductions year on years to the point they simply cannot run the business. A very big focus on customer service but unfortunately all lip service as SLT are more interested in money and profits to secure their own bonus.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Redundancy.
Suitable for someone who handles well with criticism.
Telstra Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Runaway Bay QLD3 May 2019
The Managers don't take very good care of their staff. You're just another number to them. I told them I was pregnant and they cut my hours from 30hrs down to 10hrs. Only reason why people stay is because the pay is good when they hit commission. Fast paced, suitable for someone who handles criticism well!
Ever changing company and job
Retail Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC30 April 2019
Great benefits as an employee. Management at store level are flexible and approachable . Great people to work with and fun is encouraged but so is doing your help. Hardest part of the job is support from hire ups.. ie with pay issues and stuff like that..
Good problems to tackle - Troubled work environment
Senior Strategy Lead (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Australia24 April 2019
The organisation is going through a period of significant change which generates interesting and challenging problems to solve.

This is taking place during a workforce reduction of ~30% over the next 2-3 years as a result of competitive forces in the industry. Morale is low and high caliber staff are leaving for security and better pay.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Work culture
Australian Icon in terminal decline
Network Designer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW15 April 2019
Great career advancement if your female or from a minority group.

Not always the best candidate gets the job.

Rigorous outsourcing/ off-shoring in an aggressive cost cutting drive to save the company but no focus on waste.

NBN is the company's nemeses but this has been in the pipeline for years, the company needs a visionary like the late Apple CEO or the Virgin CEO.

Once was a technology icon, future now looking very bleak.
Stable company with great flexible working options
PROCESS DESIGN SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 April 2019
Telstra provides a fantastic Work/Life balance and flexible working conditions. There is also strong support available for career development through sponsored learning and certification.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Continual restructures
Fun and energetic
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC10 April 2019
Everyday bought new challenges and was always fun, however job security was low and career progression came to a halt.We were unsure of where we would end up and go day by day even wondering if we had a job
Good place to start
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 April 2019
Great place to start - not somewhere I could personally see myself developing. A lot of road blocks were put in the way of developing career, always hired externally before offering a position internally. Management at time did not seem to offer any work/life balance assistance or flexibility to staff. If one person called in sick, there was always an issue and store would get exceptionally busy that you couldn't even take a proper lunch break.
Pros
Great staff and team
Cons
Sometimes you couldn't take breaks because we were understaffed
Good Experience
Producer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 April 2019
I liked Telstra but wasn't a strong pushy salesperson which let down my KPI's. I was excellent with the customer service though, always having return customers with low sales figures.
Pros
$40 staff plan
Cons
Hard to hit targets, pushy sales
Good and Bad
CUSTOMER ADVISOR/ FLOOR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD4 April 2019
Telstra is a great company to work for. The benefits are good, but you have to have a thick skin for all the people that hate Telstra. Management can be really hit and miss.
The best company I ever worked for.
Field Scoper (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 March 2019
The best job I have ever had, learnt so much, met the best people there who I can still call my friends. The management I worked under were all amazing people, flexible and understanding. My collegues were all friendly and great people, telstra really hire well. All in all, a great experience and would recommend anybody to work there.

Only cons are that Telstra hire a lot of external contractors and do not want to pay full time workers. They are slowly letting more and more people go and getting cheap workers to do their work, which is disappointing.
Pros
Everything I encountered in my time at Telstra was positive
Cons
Telstra is always going through constant change and in the public eye but it works hard to maintain a positive brand and good reputation
Productivity Centre of Excellence Team (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 March 2019
Fast paced environment
Loads of meetings
Tight delivery timelines
Complex systems and processes to work through
high profile company
Customer driven
High focus on improving Customer Experience and NPS.
Pros
Work life balance, customer focused
Cons
Hard to move higher up in the chain or too much change
horrible
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW24 March 2019
worklife here was horrible. they expected alot from you & not much in return. definitely would not recommend. that is probably why the business is no longer open.
Project Delivery Rewards
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 March 2019
The most enjoyable part of project management is seeing through and delivering projects that either enhance the organisation or provide a new product and service either business facing or client facing which is very rewarding.

Workplace culture is also important as coming to work everyday is enjoyable.
Good Place
Bundle Expert (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW23 March 2019
Management is not only looking out for them self and will advance you if they think you are suitable for a role.

The challenge of selling and talking to new customers to meet their needs is also quite enjoyable and makes me wake up each day.
Pros
Friendly, Leading Managers
Cons
Low / No good pay rise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.