Telstra Employee Reviews

Polictics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 January 2018
Management play politics,no support,no mentors,if volunteered to do something else no encouragement and they show no interest,number game,stressful environment,discriminative and full of bullying,don't let people progress
Pros
Cons
Horrible company
Very unorganised business in my opinion.
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mornington15 January 2018
The management is very unaware of how the systems and the staff are run. There is very little room to make a mistake as they are quick to blame without ensuring ANY training when starting out.. these issues if bought to the attention of the owner are dismissed and ignored constantly.
Telstra is a political company
Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney15 January 2018
At Telstra, you get to work on complex projects. Over 6 years I had 7 managers. The place was very political. There was the ex IBM, Ex Telstra and Ex Optus clans. It was difficult to advance your career.
Pros
technically competent
Cons
Politics
Its a good place to work.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 January 2018
Its a good place to work. It gives us flexibility to work. Its a good place to learn. Management is good. One can learn and grow in this organisation.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW5 January 2018
Job was a casual fill in job. As they were sending account off shore all information on staff had to be reloaded onto new system prior to closing. Was an excellent friendly environment to work in.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Job was not ongoing
Telstra
Outbound customer service ( priority assistance) (Former Employee) –  Windaree Victoria3 January 2018
Outbound calls are both fun and interesting. Staff were great, clean new buildings but the computer software was old and outdated. Easy parking, low wages.
Pros
Onsite parking
Cons
Old software
Great customer centered company culture
TECHNICAL SERVICE MANAGER / Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD18 December 2017
I experienced great teams across my many years working at Telstra and the staff have a genuine customer first culture. Great opportunities for moving across different parts of the business.
good working environment and top management support
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 December 2017
I enjoyed my time in Telstra.

Great learnings and leadership.
Additionally, there were plenty of opportunities for advancement and new contract positions in varied fields of my expertise
Pros
Working landscape
Cons
tight timeline for deliverables
Great benefits
Field Deployment Officer (Scheduler) (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 December 2017
Generally a pretty good work culture with great wages, unfortunately not much in the way of job security.

Training is comprehensive and can be a fun place to work.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not much in the way of job security
Fun work place but tough management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 December 2017
Encouraging staff, great work place. Good job for people who like to immerse themselves in their work. Though management are a bit difficult to deal with at times
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very difficult place to work
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Queensland7 December 2017
Expectations are set too high at times. No understanding of the stress placed on staff. Pay rates are excellent, but it is unlikely that many will last long in the role.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Stress, poor management
Senior Credit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 December 2017
Stable and a friendly environment to work in. Staff were offered training and development all the time. Tools for your job role were also provided.We were always asked for innovative ideas and how we could move forward to build our business. Senior Management were supportive of these ideas and some were implemented and others werent, but it gave us a sense of belonging and being acknowledged.
Pros
Ongoing stable employment at one stage
Cons
Outsourcing of jobs to overseas partners
Telstra
Customer Relation Team - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne- Australia4 December 2017
Such a great company with so many opportunities for growth and development. Telstra has given me the opportunity to be developed and to learn new skills such; strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills as well as being a competent and persuasive communicator with the ability to influence and gain credibility. Developed operational improvements in key areas such as product provisioning, stipulated contractual requirements and key performance indicators that impact incentives, order accuracy and sales.
Do not wish to review Telsta
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA3 December 2017
A t Telstra Due to the last year with down sizing, work being taken off shore with resulting customer reactions and change of culture I do not wish to review,
Management is great.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baldivis WA29 November 2017
The management are very supportive. The work it self however is not for everyone. There are times when it feels as if it’s a constant low because customers do not want to purchase products.
Pros
Support from management
Cons
Long hours, harassment from customers at times.
A great place to work until the new CEO
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA28 November 2017
Was a great place to work until the CFO took over as CEO, all of david theodys hardwork was thrown out the window in the chase for money and that ruined the working environment. Everything became numbers
Fun work team. Rewards for good work. Great environment
Head Office Lead Receptionist/Administration (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD28 November 2017
This was a great place to work. Team morning tea each week to help with interaction, team social outings, quarterly award nights with dinner included, amazing rewards and team events.
Pros
Very social, encouraging, lots of training
Cons
high pressure
Fun and Developing
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW26 November 2017
Great team environment, good fun and encouraging for opportunities to learn and develop yourself. Provides diverse opportunities for career growth and staying with the same company.
for a general job this was not bad but not where i wanted to be
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD21 November 2017
Job was just not where I wanted to be and it was hard to get myself motivated in this type of environment. I was made redundant in 2015 and have not looked back.
Busy and a fun place to work with many benfits
Billing Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW20 November 2017
I found that Telstra is a very good company to work for. A day in Telstra was implementing contracts and taking to the customer explaining what we had implemented and what there bill look like. Every day you would learn something new and management were able to guide you. The culture was good as everybody got into help each other. The hardest part was making sure that we that the robots were programmed right as one in correct figure would make all the difference between a good customer experience and not. The most enjoyable part was seeing a good customer experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.