Telstra

Australia954 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 954 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,369 reviews

Better than any other

Briefly, after I've worked in many other areas and places Telstra considered a better place even with some bad managers, seems to be a manager you have to be a bad one, seems the higher rank guys like it..

Pros

Good people around

Cons

Lack of improvement unless you are close to your Team Lwasr2, so you need to suckup

Toxic

I worked there for 11 years. The company has lost touch with its workers, in place of stats. Everyone is judged against a metrix that is rigged from the start to leave workers feeling useless no matter how much experience, or how well they have excelled. People in suits shooting from the hip, not having any experience in the field.

Pros

Car, money

Progressive organisation

Enjoyed my time at Telstra was surprised how progressive they were as a business in 2015-17. Very early to adopt flexible working e.g. part time for senior roles, good parental leave, D&I initiatives and generally a great culture. Some impressive leaders across the business.

Pros

Great people

Cons

High workload at times

Stressful Environment

Stressful Environment and poor job security. The complany reviews your employment position every couple of years. They call it spill and fill. In the end, you just leave as you feel insecure working for them.

Up lifting and educating.

Working with very senior managers and HR departments. Putting customers needs and requirements first whilst improving my team and achieving my job requirements and KPI’s.Rewarding work with fantastic people. Watching staff members improve and get promoted.

Pros

Inspired by CEO

Cons

Healthcare, uniforms.

Productive and fun workplace

Management and the staff were good the shift was good they had good sick leave compared to other call centres they didn’t provide lunch which would have been nice other than that no complaints

It's a fun place to work

Telstra is the way for the future in terms of telecommunications It's the place to work It's unique It's amazing It's friendly It's everything you need

Decent job, low payrate

Good people, learned a lot about the corporate environment and handling inbound calls, management is nice although they're not afraid to apply pressure when needed, left because of low compensation for my efforts.

i quit due to stress after months of working for them

if you are new to workforce you can try to join the retail team of telstra but set your expectations that its not a good place if you got no commanding skills to your clients. Training does'nt help, everything is learned when you join the floor and start serving customers. CRM system is quite complex which takes most of your time to finish a transaction. escalating a concern takes a very long time to the point that people comes back to store to raise another complaints.I only stayed for few months not even a year coz its taking a toll on my mental and emotional well being, I deserve more and far better than what I had experience while working in one of telstra's retail shop.

Good culture

Good culture and relaxed work environment. Good technologies to work with, tooling, Staff benefits are good. Teams are friendly, Huge organization to navigate through though.

Pros

Work life balance, Remote work and staff benefits

Cons

Agile organisation

Enough Training to get you started

I was employed via the agency but the work culture is good. The call centre starts with at the exact time and thus the breaks need to be taken at the specified time.The calling is not that hard as 6 months of training give you enough exposure.

Telstra

Good company to work for. Good Culture. Pay is not the best. Find good friends and people tend to stay there for a long time. Inbound call handling and wrap time gets micromanaged, as does your work breaks

Good Company To Work For

Good work culture, the people are friendly. Very accomodating. Training is good. Pay in not aligned with cost of living. Everything else is reasonable including managment

Pros

Great Training, and good Team Leaders

Cons

Pay isn't very good & No progression

Nice company to work with

Good company to work with but not good pay no benefits like commission and all. Worst management like area manager and all. Team was good , fast paced but still quite relaxing and enjoyable.

Sales and service

Overall the people are friendly and teams are helpful. The role can be a little repetitive. Training wasn’t very helpful most is learnt on the job after training finished. Process changes a lot and hard to follow at times but the work isn’t too hard. Not overall flexible with work life balance but no weekend work is a bonus. Good benefits like staff discounts.

Pros

Staff discount, no weekend work

Cons

Departments don’t talk to each other

Do not

Please choose any other retail job, save yourself the mental health issues. Area management does not care about anything other than sales. Store managers only like you if you sell.

very good

i enjoy working for this company as it has great people and there is a-lot to learn. Staff are very friendly and it is a great working environment to be apart of

Most stressful workplace

When started, I was just working for normal NBN customers. They shifted me to priority assist, I had very little support from the management while working from home. We had to face elderly and sensitive customers issues. Most of them only had one landline phone connected in house. When the phone dies and when the company can’t send a technician, their children will tell that if something happens to my parents, you are responsible!!! That was so depressing. I faced customers suffering from mental health issues such as anxiety. We did not have any training for dealing with sensitive issues. I left the job as my mental health was suffering.

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

Stressful job

Good while it lasted

Was a good company to work for. Store managers where easy to get along with but big uper management meant you could feel the leisure being trickeled down.

A challenging and rewarding career

As a communications technician it was an excellent culture with a lot of career advancement opportunities. Always a sharp learning curve but plenty of opportunity to hone your skills with repetitive faults and procedures.

Pros

Commraderie

Cons

Customer complaints

Enjoyed many year's at Telstra found meetings a bit repetitive. Pros- work life was pretty accomidating. Cons - work was sporadic and seasonal which did make planning difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Telstra with

• Telstra
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?