Play YouTube video button
Telstra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Telstra Employee Reviews

Australia884 reviews
Always felt welcome and supported. Progress on addressing concerns can sometimes take longer than one would normally expect due to a large number of stakeholders wanting to be involved in outcomes.
Telstra is a great place to work, with a supportive management. Other business lines work together to deliver to the clients expectations. Good Australian company to work for.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
Employment is on a project by project basis
The place has great people, but they lack the roadmap an as they are a large company you tend to lose the people aspect and respect that smaller organisation tend to have. As for a change role it makes it very difficult to manage.
Excellent work culture. Problem solver, with strong communication and strong reconciliation skills, proven customer management skills and the ability to work efficiently and autonomously. A high level of attention to detail and accuracy, strong numeric ability, proficiency in MS Office and a proactive and tenacious approach.
Worked with a great bunch of people
Always conducting interesting work

Attended some good workshops and always encouraged to learn more by completing Telstra training
Telstra was a great place to work and they offer many opportunities if you wish to move around the organisation. The teams of people are brilliant and they end up being part of a wider family. The job I did could be stressful at times, but Management always had my back.
I was sent to Telstra training school to learn electronic systems and Exchange installation for equipment data systems ran cables through Exchanges in SA ran jumper wires to cable pairs programmed through computer then cut customers over to systems
Very fun and upbeat team to work with. the atmosphere is wonderful but you must be ready to deal with customer who are rude and unhappy about their plans and be ready to deal with any complications that may arise during customer contacts
Working for Telstra was a great experience and one I wish I could have continued. They are supportive company who believe family and health are important, workplace culture is excellent and I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
None of the day is same and I learned a lot from my one-up manager and my team-mates. Diverse workplace culture where everyone helps others when in need. The hardest part of job being not able to contribute enough. The most enjoyable part being able to balance work and life during hard times.
I learnt the different provisioning buiness IT systems also, I did learn how to identified the different customer needs while I have a chat with them, base on that intentified needs I provided to those customers with a variaty of solutions that could implement in order to run their business in a more efficient way.
Very good work environment with but need to breakdown the red tape especially for delegation of responsibility and autonomy across middle management levels
Never would I ever again work for a company who allows managers to bully and belittle staff everyday.
It's all about who likes who not who's good at their job.

Hr department is a joke and doesn't take any bullying or harrasment claims seriously
I enjoy to work Telstra 29 years. Learner new technology. I experience all new technology. Work team very friendly and help each other. Good company to work.
Pros
Hard working professional Team
Cons
Sometimes stresfull
I feel a little underappricated in the work place and I am constantly being thrown in the deep end learning brand new skills and systems.
There is also not a huge amount of room for professional growth.

However I do work with some great people who support me and my team leader constantly is looking out for me.

It is also very difficult to take annual leave which is frustrating as the job can be draining.
the most enjoyable part of the job is negiotating with different suppliers and getting the best deals for the store. Overall a Good workplace to learn and grow
I worked at Telstra for 2 years , gained plenty of knowledge and really enjoyed the environment and the people .
I attended regular training as new developments came into practice , the trainers really knew their stuff and were very patient and helpful , I would recommend working at Telstra to anyone with the right attitude.
I have learned many thing in terms of technology and have enjoyed meeting a lot of people
The best place to work and I will not hesitate to recommend Telstra to all my families and friends
Telstra is a great place to work. The people are fantastic, but the multiple restructures do wear you down.
The outsourcing of a number of support roles to overseas makes things difficult, however the team sticks together and supports each other.
I missed a lot my job.Good team work.Learnt a lot in this company.
I wish to go back again if I get a chance.

I Got satisfaction whatever I did over there.
Great potential moving forward, but needs to improve cross business collaboration to enable efficiencies and success. Adaptive work environments and changing culture.