Telstra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Telstra Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 911 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,303 reviews

Overall a good place to work

Nice teamwork culture. Various campaigns to foster customer loyalty. Management was there with open door policy and supportive. Would definitely work with Telstra again.

Good ground level staff horrible hr management

When working at telstra you will be working with some great people, professional, highly skilled and professional. Unfortunately this doesn't extend to their management and HR departments these areas only seem to exist to serve themselves and won't be supporting you in your work. They will however track your movements, post unnecessary training that qualifies you for nothing and when the staff respond in surveys they actively remove them.

Pros

Pay is good

Call centre

several system ; where no one is willing to take responsibility .Only friends of manger's and relatives of the manager's can have good and easy career in TSA or any branch of Telstra.All perks got distributed among their friends only, rest all have strict rules and regulations.

Grate place to work, fun workplace enviroment

Fantastic team to work with, extremely fast paced. You will need the skills to stay calm under pressure as some customers can be quite challenging and verbally aggressive towards you. But if you can deal with that 100% recommend

Site dependant

site dependant, local management dependant, upper level management dependant, local staff dependant, position dependant and overall balance dependant will give you an overall warm feeling.

Great place to work previously

When I worked there prior to the massive rounds of redundancies, it was a very collaborative environment, there was great collaboration between teams.

Pros

Work/life balance, company discount

Cons

Management totally disconnected from the workforce

This job gave me PTSD

I hated this job! I worked there for 2 years and by the time I quit I was at breaking point. The most boring, mind numbing data tasks and the most horrible customers to deal with. They off-shore all their jobs so departments are constantly closing and everyone is just wondering who is going to be next to lose their jobs. Horrible!!! I have PTSD from working there.

Pros

Cons

Made some good friends

Nice place respectful

Nice place great staff..honest staff.... assistance with getting theory done...three weeks training...good pay .. contracts goods . Openness to all types of people....

Cons

In Brisbane parking costs public transportation is the go

character building

As long as you work hard and respect others you will do well.It is a chalanging fun and fast paced place to work.Telstra does have a lot of training but you do need to be resilient.

Pros

Good entitlements.

Cons

long days

Best company to work for...

Great company, great culture, dynamic and vibrant. Ability to work effectively as part of a team, multiple groups, and within a matrix management structure, ability to adapt quickly and self-start, and to multitask in a fast-paced environment

One of the worst places I’ve ever worked at before

Most toxic work environment I’ve ever worked in or encountered. All they do is gossip, highly competitive, it’s equivalent to an immature group of teenagers managing you. They’re power-hungry people and co-workers. Pay was alright but definitely not worth the emotional stress

Pros

Cons

Worst work environment and worst managers and employees

Fun to learn about new product's but thats it

Very poor work place. Staff and managers are rude and don't care about eachother or customers. They're over worked and understaffed. I don't feel comfortable pushing customers to buy products they have clearly stated they don't need or can afford. Telstra do not care for their customers or staff they are nothing but money hungry and just care about making sales.

Pros

Cons

Rude staff, managers and they dont care for their customers

Great management team and chances for advancement

In my time there i worked with some amazing people and managers they were truly a great bunch of people and very supportive. The training is next level 6 weeks intensive training so that you are prepared for your work.

Pros

Great work

Cons

Shift work

fast paced fun fast busy environment great customer service communications delivery

Excellent telephone systems operations management telstra exceed to be leading best with their telephone manner which is evident. Telstra is accurate honest clear and precise.

Pros

Customer focused.

Very collaborative team and lots of learning opportunities.Highly inspiring and motivating management.Lots of trainings are available to enhance skills.

Pros

Great work culture

Over worked, under staffed.

Couldn't recommend Telstra as a place of employment. Was uncomfortable pushing products to get commission despite the customers not really needing said products most of the time.

Always moving forward

There is really not much more to add great company to work for.I dont really have much further to say its an opportunity I encourage everyone who gets to go for it!

Easy work place, although, at the time I was employed there, wages were very minimal.

I was in warehousing, receiving/delivery. Close knit working atmosphere, Sometimes a little slow and boring, other times, could barely keep up with the work load and pace.

Pros

Good conditions, uniforms supplied, tea, coffee available. 9 day working fortnight.

Cons

Fortnightly wages, low wage rate.

Culture was all about shareholder value

As a long time employee it irks me to criticise a company that gave me so much. Helped pay the mortgage, good salary and superannuation, great working conditions - until privatisation. After that, it was all about a management and board in complete disarray. They tried to put in place various highly paid CEO's who did nothing but cut jobs and try to reorganise the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Pros

Bonus points that can be redeemed at various retail outlets

Cons

Lack of direction and a field workforce very poorly directed

Good

Very friendly working environment and every one can enjoy in this company. I would like to encourage people to apply for this company to work at any location in the world.

Was a great place to work when I was there

Telstra is a.mixed bag. I had one role there which was a real non event for about 3.months but other than that Telstra has been a significant part of my experience and a proactive place till they had to shrink their size.I worked on some really fun projects and the people I often worked with were a lot of fun and proactive in delivering successful outcomes.

Pros

Company paid morning tea and lunches from time to time.

Cons

Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Telstra