Tenable Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Sales Strategy Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD28 May 2019
This company created a long-lasting love for cybersecurity in my mind. What can easily be a dull and boring day at the office is made spectacular by the people you are surrounded by
No Clear Direction
Territory Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Virginia5 April 2019
Management is not engaged and very disorganized. Many different agendas in the company. Support/Inside Sales has more influence than the field sales team. Small territories with high quotas.. Mngt has not figured out a good way to compensate reps for converting customers to a true SAAS license model.
Pros
Work Remotely
Cons
Leadership Not Very Strong
Growing Pains and Poor Management
Graphic and Motion Designer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD27 December 2018
Tenable has an amazing product. It is a software-creation company, however, which is now trying to be more than that. There has recently been something of a buyout, as well. Thsis has caused considerable growing pains and middle-management is in a constant state of flux. The culture of the company is in decline and it will most-likley be a rocky couple of years at this growing company.
Pros
talented people
Cons
poor management and growing pains
Great Company, great people
Manager, Analyst Relations (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD29 November 2018
A great organization - from products to people. Work/life balance was highly valued. Positive people, team environment, supportive/collaborative management.
flexibility in schedule
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Ohio13 November 2018
I worked event security and enjoyed doing it. Even though I couldn't watch the events I could hear them and sometimes met the performers. I was often asked for by the performers and event location staff.
Pros
hear concerts
Cons
not enough hours
Tenable Review
Support Engineer Tenable Network Security (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD9 November 2018
When I first began working for Tenable, it was a small support operation, with specific Subject Matter Experts for each platform. We were a tightly knit team, and our work/home balance was incredible with a wonderful 10a-6p shift, and generous PTO. As the company's needs began to grow, I was asked to support the Asia-Pacific, and European region, and to work overnights from 7PM to 4:30am, often times being expanded into the 9a-11a area when Customer Success Manager's needs dictated that I stay for extra meetings. I gladly complied with this, and won some crucial opportunities in these regions, expanding our business further.

My time on this specific assignment ended roughly a year later, and I went back to morning shifts, but now 11a-7:30P. The adjustment was difficult, but manageable. The APAC and EMEA assignments forced me to work rather exclusively with CISCO IOS Compliance Auditing, and older mainframe implementations, and to stray from the more typical environments. When I came back to the morning team in the US, the entire company had changed, along with the products, and employees around me. None of those that I worked with were still there, and I had to assimilate into a brand new culture, with a brand new CEO. As the SLA's changed, and the pace of business was accelerated, it took incredible focus and diligence to keep pace.

Over the course of my time at Tenable, in two years, I held one position, however I saw the turnover of one CEO, one Support director, and I changed hands between 4 different managers, all of whom demanded different things from me.
  more... Before my latest, and final manager, and as a slight anecdote to the daily workings of the company...they strictly and plainly said "I will deny any PTO you put in"... and when I would arrive in the morning, and go make a cup of coffee, I would come back to my desk to find a note saying "You are late, go home..enter PTO for the day" I wasn't late. I was 15 minutes early, of which one of my colleagues confirmed this, and the manager ceased.

The company is not what it used to be, and it now churns employees, and tosses tenured employees out. I am an experienced, knowledgeable and skilled individual, and Tenable most certainly is not a place I would want to work, or that I would recommend anyone I know to work.
Pros
experience using fantastic network vulnerability tools
Cons
horrible managers, petty leadership, horrible work/life balance, lack of staff to queue ratio
Lack of communication
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH19 August 2018
Management seem to have a problem with the African- American officer workers from time to time they will embarrass you in front of others without getting the information the company seem to have a radio shortage ( which make a lack of communication).
Pros
Ok for a second job
Cons
Management don’t know how to talk with workers
Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH23 July 2018
Tenable is an ok place to work as a second job unless you are hired for full time. As long as you don't mind standing for periods of time and sometimes dealing with unruly customers you will do just fine.
Shortcut to fast aging
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 July 2018
Very stressful environment and constant change of priorities. This is a pre-IPO company, so it makes sense to some level. However, the management at Customer Success is appalling and micromanagement is normal practice.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, constant change of priorities
Average Work Place
Executive Assistant, General Counsel, Legal (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD27 March 2018
I enjoyed the company and my peers. Management was ok but could be a little more approachable. There were many perks and morale boosters. Pay is competitive.
Run - before you get here
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD12 January 2018
The cloud solution gets all the focus, but has yet to deliver and the rebranded cloud solution is a joke (let me hold your vuln's in the cloud for safe keeping).

Customers are buying the on premise solutions yet development has shifted to cloud, very short window that's closing.

Here, let me sell you our obsoleted product and discount the product that's not ready for prime time in the future.

Don't turn down other opportunities waiting on something good coming from HQ, huge turnover and layoffs abound here.
Pros
Snacks if you live in Columbia
Cons
Management, do I need to say more?
Productive Work Environment
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD22 September 2017
Office was a fun place to be. All floors were designed to make working fun. Very relaxed culture and colleagues a pleasure to work with. There were game/break rooms should one want to take a break.
Pros
free breakfast, occasional lunches
Tenable
Nessus Plugin Content Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD21 August 2017
Tenable is an great company with good benefits. The company has many excellent and cutting edged computer security products. The Nessus team that I worked with consisted of some of the most intelligent and dedicated people I have ever known, who are very serious about providing value to the customers. They take computer security very seriously.
Pros
Medical benefits, work remotely from home
Tenable was great. Was.
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD9 August 2017
Started at Tenable in 2015 when it was still a relatively small company. Great culture, management, and benefits. Especially the beenefits. However, as the company grew and some upper level management changed, the company culture felt remarkably different. Where there was always company pride, it looked as though we were trying to manufacture it in ways we didn't need to. It just felt very forced and corny by the time I left. But overall, a great experience.
Average large company
Middle Managment (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD9 September 2016
Tenable has matured into the standard large corporate environment. While they do not have any extremely negative to working there, there is also nothing that makes this an outstanding place to work.
Growing fast!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD27 April 2016
Tenable is growing globally, creating lots of room for advancement. I have seen many employees be promoted in my time here.
Pros
Lots of remote work, high growth, great benefits
All around great place to work
Content Team (Former Employee) –  Maryland2 April 2016
Amazing atmosphere with intelligent, hard working staff. The work was rigorous and time management a key to success at this company. Organization of everything was exceptional. If there was a problem there was someone there to immediately remedy it.
Pros
working remotely, direct access to help, questions, concerns
Cons
Demanding. Was difficult to juggle being a mom and wring at Tenable
Pre IPO Start up
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ21 July 2015
Pedal to the Metal full speed ahead rapidly changing environment. Vulnerability management risk management and regulatory compliance software manufacturer and SaaS solutions provider in seeking rapid growth.
Pros
Progressive company
Cons
Prefer not to say anything negative
Awesome Recruiting Team!
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Remote5 July 2015
Awesome Recruiting Team dedicated to their craft. Very seasoned group of younger professionals. Excellent recruiter's toolbox of sourcing tools.
Worst Job I've ever had
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MD9 June 2015
Kaplan was a company on a downward spiral, and the company didn't pay people what they were worth.

The company forced their employees to overcompensate for their lack of structure by working 20+ overtime hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tenable. Our community is ready to answer.