Tennis Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Tennis Australia Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews
relax and full of energy
such a pleasure to be working for the tennis. everyone is happy and eager to please customers. you are treated equally and very up to date. such a nice environment and cant wait for the next australia open.
A typical day involves a morning and evening debrief so you are aware of the events going on. Once that is finished, you are out on site dealing with customers. I've learnt a great deal about customer service and customer experience roles. The management are great people who look after you and your needs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with any potential conflicts that occur, however the most enjoyable part of the job is the experience of working at a Major Sporting Event
The Tennis Australia Company was amazing to work at and learn new retail skills and communication with customers! They created a calm working environment and helped with any difficulties that employees had.
Progressive & World Class
My favorite job and operations. Enjoyed it immensely. People were positive and progressive. Atmosphere was a buzz. Shame not enough fulltime roles. Only seasonal. Would highly recommend working in the organisation full or part time in any role that becomes available. DEREK
Bad pay, no career progression, good focus on fun and health
The people were great and there were some great benefits, particularly as a tennis player and fan, ie tennis tickets, tennis court membership,etc.
Although the pay was terrible, with no career progression and minimal reward for hard work.
Great starting place
When I begin at Tennis Australia I was unsure what to expect but the personal were a tight bunch and were very inclusive, being on the IT support desk you speak to many people who run the company and overall I was quite surprised how pleasant everyone was.

I was always paid on time and was always taken care of. Was a great starting workplace! Didn't meet my needs for the next step for my career in the IT industry
Brilliant
What a great company to work with, and for!! I would love to have the opportunity to continue our association in the future. Loved every minute of it.
Fun and organised workplace full of friendly employees
• Assisted many Australian Open members with their computer problems, responding to inquiries and handling telephone requests
• Helped fix and maintain hardware and devices

• Installed new equipment to be implemented within the business

• Demonstrated a strong sense of working well under pressure during the Australian
Great Project variety
Very autonomous environment, you need to hit the ground running and immerse yourself into the work. Very progressive environment and lots of team building.
Pros
Great location, cafe and opportunity to get involved in the sport
Cons
Some management issues, lack of methodology
Fun and bouncy organisation
Lots of experiences with different departments to implement strategies to help consumers of the sport. A strong workplace culture to help develop people into dynamic individuals.
Pros
Access to sport
Get team and great culture
Great place to work. Vibrant environment and hard working and dedicated teams. Although hours are long during the tournament there is a great feeling of achievement at the end of a successful tournament.
Pros
watching tennis
Cons
Long hours during the tournament
good organisation to work for
dealing with a great deal of stakeholders and working across community activities to commercial operations

Some long hours and often dealing with tricky stakeholders but many passionate people working in the organisation make it a great place to work.
Pros
fun people
Awsome Work Experience at Australian Open
My time working for Tennis Australia on the Australian Open, really opened my eyes to seeing that educating kids on a great sport, and one that I had been playing since 2005.

A typical day for me was getting to the Australian Open through Public Transport, being informed about the rostered routine for the day, and setting up the activities.

Also, it was ensuring that all the families that entered the Ballpark, enjoyed their time and left feeling lucky that I was able to inspire the next generation to continue with tennis.

Even though it was a volunteer position, TA went over and above to ensure that we all obtained a meal allowance each day, tickets to exclusive staff seats to tennis matches and finally, staff access to the best tournament for tennis in the world.
Under going restructure & change management.
This was a great company to work for but has changed over the past few years. Many good staff have left due to lack of management, leadership and direction.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
A bit overrated, but some cool benefits here and there
Most people are very nice; Flexibility depending on manager; Facilities are nice; Tickets to events are sometimes available for free to staff; Lots of manual processes and last minute requirements; No top down support to update systems and technology..
Pros
Tennis
Cons
Salary is low; no advancement unless permanent position granted upfront.
Productive and funny and positive person who likes to teach kids and adults in tennis
My tipical day when I enjoy the most is when I teach other kids tennis.
They make me positive and happy every minute spending on court.

My hole life I wonted to help people to learn tennis in easier way because tennis is complicated sport which include all parts of you body at the highest level.
Great balance to work and have down time to spend with the family.
Travel is a must though so you have to be okay with time away from the family.
Pros
Down time
Cons
Travel
Good for a short term fix
Really enjoyed working during the austrailian open. A great event and a great team. Day to day tasks included managing the hired labour for that day and ensuring the daily jobs were completed to a satisfactory standard.
Pros
nice environment, good team
Cons
long hours, poor communication from managers
Productive and Fun Workplace
The people who work with Tennis Australia are all friendly and are willing to help anyone when they need assistance. The job is fun and you meet lots of new people and its easy to make friends.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennis Australia. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2