Teradata Employee Reviews

Dying technology with mediocre practices
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA4 April 2019
Great work life balance because managers cared more about their own agenda instead of working to make the company successful. Practices and processes lack innovation. I left Teradata because I was scared of being irrelevant in my career. Comp plan became a disincentive I witnessed many of my peers careers bring stalled. They don’t give you the tools to advance or keep up with current business practices or technology. Multiple reorgs and downsizing is demotivating. This company is shrinking when the competition is growing. HR is a train wreck and lack humanity.
Pros
Work from home. Pockets of smart and dedicated people
Cons
Mediocre tools and practices. Dying technology
Great work environment
Hadoop Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cairo, Egypt3 April 2019
Great work environment.. flat organization.. different projects ranging from telecom, banking and government.. competitive salary.. flexible working hours
Moved headquarters to California
Marketing Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  In Dayton, Ohio2 April 2019
The company itself and the people I worked with were awesome! Definitely the people. Upbeat and cheerful.The company consolidated its headquarters to California, which put quite a few people out of jobs.
Pros
Free coffe of all kinds, free soft drinks, free tea
Cons
Struggling business
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Virtual19 March 2019
Not much to say, the company culture speaks for itself. Nice HQ though and nice location near San Diego. Good golf course nearby when you have time to use it.
Good enviroment to work in.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GA4 March 2019
Always busy, which I liked. Learned a lot with T & E audits. Loved all my co-workers who would make it enjoyable to come to work and were always willing to help when needed. The company would always do different events to make work fun!
Pros
Flex hours, Graet team and manager
Cons
Company outsourced positions
Have upgraded the building
Sr. Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA24 February 2019
I enjoyed my work very much. Working with our customers and partners and assisting them with their issues was rewarding for me. It was a great team that I worked for and the manager was exceptional and I learned a lot from him. I will miss them all.
Pros
Rec area
Cons
parking
Good place
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  islamabad, pakistan17 February 2019
Its a good workplace. But only a consulting center. Not great place to learn software development. Otherwise its pretty peaceful and provides a great work life balance and learning opportunities.
Good Place to Work
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra6 February 2019
Good Place to Work and explore your capabilities. Good work culture.
Good HR, Management all area supportive.
Good Place to learn, explore your skills
Good learning place
Jr. Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra6 February 2019
Started as a graduate, got selected to be a part of the Data Science team. Worked on various Data Science, Web Analytics projects for multinational corporations. Was an eventful experience!
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Raymore, MO5 February 2019
Teradata is a great company to work for. Very laid back and flexible. The best part about the job is working with our customers. Unlimited time off. The company is very far.
Pros
Work from home
Excellent products, global success
Industry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI23 January 2019
Big data analytics and represents a huge opportunity to improve performance of business and government globally. Teradata has the scale, strategy and products to do this.
Good Products and People
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC16 January 2019
I like the product and people, but management is driven by SFDC and is too micro managed.

TD is still considered expensive especially against the other options customers can use to solve their problems: AWS, Azure, Snowflake.
Pros
Good 401k matching program, change to new CEO a Plus.
Cons
Slow to Cloud
chaotic enterpise right now
Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Virtual11 January 2019
Teradata is in the midst of a complete paradigm shift in business focus and execution. They are moving from a culture that rewarded "pushing iron" to a flexible hosted environment. Their EDW software is no longer bound to the proprietary hardware, exclusively. They have morphed the product into Cloud, Hosted, and BYO Hardware versions.

Their new focus is on delivering advanced analytics solutions. This shift, along with a move of the corporate headquarters from Dayton, OH to San Diego, CA is wreaking havoc on the staff.
22 January 2019

Thank you for your comments, and the description of the transformation Teradata is experiencing. All these changes move us well beyond our perception as a legacy data warehousing provider. Of course, we understand uncertainty will always follow any major brand shift. We appreciate your review.

Going through a painful change
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 January 2019
Good people, good focus on customer but going through a transition which has led to multiple layoffs. This has created a great deal of uncertainty for the employee base.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Going through transition
22 January 2019

Thank you for your comments. Our leadership team will continue to provide clear and consistent information throughout our transformation, and hopefully ease some of those feelings of uncertainty.

Good company with a old technology
Batch Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
A good company, have good life jobs balance, but with old technology, old style management, slow to change and full of political things, have to try something to survive.
Company under good transition
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mumbai India1 January 2019
Company offers flexible working hours, excellent people to work with worldwide in Teradata and good customer base. Great product based company with good long term vision
Pros
Flexible working hours, company leased cars
Cons
You may find your skills outdated, if you don't keep learning other non Teradata products, not a pay master
A workplace in transition
Senior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA20 December 2018
- Good work/life balance
- Open to training opportunities
- Management varies by team
- Culture is very relaxed
- The hardest part is finding inroads to the "old guard", who can resist change
- Most enjoyable part is the quarterly parties
10 January 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We're glad the work/life balance and training opportunities make you happy. All the changes we are going through are happening for the better - thank you for your patience during our exciting transformation.

Best job I ever had
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH19 December 2018
Unfortunately, Teradata is closing the Dayton office and moving its headquarters to San Diego, leaving a lot of us looking for a job.

I rarely ever worked more than 40 hours a week, which is unfortunately unheard of, anymore. The work was paced well enough that the code produced was always thoroughly tested and just worked.
Pros
Remote work, plus great work/life balance
Cons
Closing office and relocating to San Diego
10 January 2019

We're happy your time at Teradata was such a positive experience! Best of luck in your next adventure.

Want to do engineering?
Sr. Software Engineer/Data Sciences (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 December 2018
Teradata is science and engineering on a daily basis. Mathematics, computer science, and customer requirements drive everything and produce an engineering mindset that is hard to beat. Few days are like others and new and interesting problems continually surface. Even bug solving is a learning experience and helps push past areas of deficiency and comfort zones.
Pros
education, good problems, real computer science
Cons
slightly lower pay than industry average
10 January 2019

We're happy to hear that you find your work challenging and rewarding. Although our compensation and benefits packages vary by region, they are competitive for our industry. Thank you for your review!

Learned a lot working on different projects
ETL Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX10 November 2018
I was provided with very good opportunities to work on different projetcs, mentor teams, lead teams.

I gained technical and leadership skills at Teradata.
6 December 2018

Happy to hear you gained more skills and had the opportunity to work on different projects and lead teams. Here's to a just as amazing 2019!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teradata. Our community is ready to answer.