Tesla Motors Employee Reviews

Co-workers were amazing, management was not.
Service Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA19 July 2018
The Folks I worked with (Co-workers) day to day were amazing people. Regardless of the hardships, poor management, folks stayed positive/hopeful of changes to come. I stayed hopeful, and tried to maintain a positive outlook.
Pros
Meet Great people, Benefits were Good.
Cons
Poor Management, Huge turnover rate, Lack of Loyalty to employees.
buena ambiente de trabajo
Puesto Document Generation Specialist Área (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.19 July 2018
buen ambiente de trabajo todos enfocados a su labor sin ningún tipo de contratiempo
excellent
Auto Pilot Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA19 July 2018
Typical day , check out previously running test. Look for discrepancy or changes or stable. Record the early morning result. Discuss with engineer , need to do any changes or modification.
What did I learn? Every engineer requirements are different and some want the result fast and some wants accuracy and some willing to share and they want my input.
Hardest and enjoyable is under pressure and getting the result just in time
Fun and fast paced environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA19 July 2018
The atmosphere at Tesla is unlike any other. Fast change. more often then not you are surprised in one way or the other. Always keeps you on your toes .
Pros
Working atmosphere and benefits.
Cons
low career advancement / salary
Fun job with little room for error
Maintenance Technician Lvl 2 (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV19 July 2018
Working for Tesla was awesome. I plan on going back. The atmosphere makes up for the lack in salary, and the management for direct hire employees is excellent.
Pros
Free food, Excellent cleanliness, management
Cons
Crowded, construction, parking, compensation low
Great
Production Control Intern (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA19 July 2018
Currently, I am an intern with the Production Control team in the Fremont factory since January 2018.

I would really appreciate if you could provide me any assistance in providing a direct contact regarding these job profiles.
Good temporary job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CA17 July 2018
Good job to have if you need one but probably not a great career. There’s a lot of people ho hate their job. Very hard to keep a positive attitude due to the fact that everyone feels mistreated. ( not my personal experience)
Pros
Days off. 3/4
Cons
Poor management
Muy buena empresa
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Trujillo, La Libertad17 July 2018
Empresa grande con gran grupo humano que permite aprender y desarrollarme como profesional.
It's really just about Elon
Tesla Academy (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA17 July 2018
The mission is exciting, but the hard work put in to the company was subject to Elon's moods and ego. No room for growth, enhancement. Its about Elon.
Pros
Exciting mission
Cons
Frantic pace, no sense of leadership, poor management
Halfway decent place to work
Crew lead (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NY17 July 2018
Was a good place to work until they fired all salesman. Management is ok, there is room for improvement. CEO is only focused on his cars and not the energy side of his company
I am 100% for the mission, sadly the company is so large it does not have the ability to carry it out
Field Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA16 July 2018
They needed to fix something to get the bottom line up for quarter end in June. They just didnt fix what was broken. Changed commission structure to ensure they do not have to pay the 3000 people they laid off what was due.
Work Life balance and Flexibility
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fremont CA16 July 2018
Tesla is the company where you have work life balance and flexibility to work any time anywhere. Team was very supportive. Managers always try to help professionally as well as personally
buen ambiente de trabajo
instalador 1 (Former Employee) –  toda la republica16 July 2018
Es una empresa mundial que da muchas oportunidades para aprender todo lo relacionado en la rama fotovoltaica te da todas las herramientas necesarias para desarrollar tu trabajo sin ningun problema
Pros
seguro de gastos medicos mayores
Cons
ninguno
Fickle Business
Field Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM15 July 2018
It's a fabulous company to work for, if they don't decide to axe 9% of the company when you've only just started with them. They're an ever-changing corporation; thus, your job position may be "changing" as well, at any given time.
fun and exciting place to work
Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY14 July 2018
For the most part I enjoyed my employment at Tesla. Most of the people are friendly and it starts to feel like one big family.
My only issue was that after a year of being in a supervisor position I was not given a raise.
Pros
free cereal
Cons
half hour lunches
Issues with management
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA13 July 2018
I felt like I did not get enough support from upper management for the project's I worked on. Outside of a few co-workers it did not seem like my department was taken seriously. This made it extremely difficult to be successful.
Fast-paced Work Culture
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA13 July 2018
Working as a production associate to construct assemblies or physical systems at the required output and quality, using physical operations which can include repetitive pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc. Detecting abnormalities in the manufacturing process and use root-cause analysis to identify and resolve issues. Shared ideas on process design and tooling improvements to increase quality, reduce cost, and support the production work environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Short sighted
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA13 July 2018
Need to have an attention seeking personality - quick wins with making even the small, very visible. Flexible, but long hours. Many managers have no formal training or experience.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Eroding benefits and no 401K matching. Short-term focused.
Been at Tesla 4 years.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA12 July 2018
I have been here long enough to see a lot of changes. I am currently a lead at Tesla and things at this current moment are horrible. Management knows significantly less than even some associates, people getting tossed into depts without request to total opposite shifts and if you tell them about your personal situation as to why a sudden move wouldn't work...their response is "it's about the business". Some depts are actually "scheduled" SIX 12 HOUR SHIFTS PER WEEK. That is ridiculous. My current dept had a 5:30am to 3:30pm shift which has now changed to 5:30 am to "we aren't sure what time we'll be done". Pay is good, but definitely not good enough for what we do. Tesla might be good in a couple years, but not right now.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hours, management and home life
Tesla Motors Experience
Senior Mechnical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA12 July 2018
In my view Tesla is one of the most advanced company of the USA. Very high level experience and knowledge of the most coworker. Management is only 3 level to CEO and keep open discussion to any level without permit for it. The company ask for doing your best, making innovation and pay correct salary with stock bonus. Hiring process use online test filtering high quality candidates. Yearly knowledge review test the employee quality. The company size contentious grow and currently 30000 employee allow to hide some of the back holders. Management could keep the high quality for longer focusing more of the individual performance.
Pros
Good environment, good salary, bonus, metric system, open communication.
Cons
Slowly back holder damage the culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesla Motors. Our community is ready to answer.