The Athlete's Foot
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Athlete's Foot Employee Reviews

Australia29 reviews
It was a combination of franchises and corporate stores. They were not designed for corporate stores. Implementing strategies were difficult as there were many different voices in the conversations
Pros
Focused on the running business
Cons
Old school thinking and “Old Boys” environment
very customer oriented, you learn great communication skills and a lot of knowledge about shoes, Management is great supporting in any way they can, the work culture is have fun with your customers, dealing with smelly feet.
Pros
Great quality of life.
Cons
Poor Salaries.
I found The Athletes Foot a very caring and lovely place to work. If you work hard you will reap the benefits. I found all the staff to be lovely and helpful.
During my time at The Athletes Foot, I extended my knowledge on footwear specifics and the analogy of the foot. It is a very professional learning environment as well as being very supportive and helpful when I was unsure. The management team at The Athletes Foot helped me through my training and exceeded me to be a great sales person.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Back to school time was very busy
This is my favourite retail job I've ever had! Both my managers have been amazing over the two years I've worked here, and the emphasis on teamwork and adopting a team culture means that the team supports each other and that makes the work enjoyable! You also get lots of different customers in and employees need to keep up to date with all the new shoes that come out and the technology in them, so you're always learning and the job never feels boring or repetitive.
Athletes Foot provides many lessons in customer service and business. I would recommend to anyone looking for a start in sales and customer service roles.
Depending on the day it could be slow or fast, the team is wonderful. I have learnt a lot being there. you get to help people find a shoe that helps them get their goals.
Greeting, cleaning and testing product knowledge was the everyday regime at the athlete's foot. Finding the perfect fit for every customer as the goal.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I dont like feet
An amazing company to work for as a franchise. However many upper management decisions from the corporate perspective turned our once profitable business into a less and less stable one. A "boy's club" at the top allowing little to no movement or promotion unless vouched for by a friend, rather than on merit.
Pros
Ability to choose my work hours and holidays.
Cons
Rules and regulations that resulted in less profitablity
Great work/life balance. Very enjoyable meeting and assisting customers with their needs. Most shifts staff are sent home after 3 hours. One hour lunch breaks enforced. If you've worked for 3 hours, they will make you stay for the lunch break, and send you home immediately after.
Pros
Work/life balance
I found that The Athletes Foot was a fun work place but also was hard working to reach sales and get their job done.The staff there was kind and firendly to new workers and I still hold friendship with them.
Pros
friendly
The culture of the team at TAF is amazing, all stuff get along so well and make you want to turn up to work for each other. The corporate management of the company however, is horrible, they do not care about staff and only care about $$$$ and not service
A typical day is staying on your feet providing great customer service in order to fulfill the monthly KPI's and the correct Greet and Seat Rules. In doing so, I have learnt a lot about the retail industry and what can happen.
Pros
Not a physical job.
Cons
Not able to get long hours, as only 2 or 3 people at most employed at the store can get multiple shifts.
My time at Capalaba Central Athlete's Foot had me always focused and working on tasks whether that was stacking shoes at the back of the store or helping collect stock in the mornings at a nearby warehouse.
The Athlete's Foot was a fun and flexible place to work which was suited me very well as I worked there part time in high school. Most of the staff were great to work with and the competitive nature of the store made it challenging yet fun.
very fun workplace, learned a lot about running a business and management, not really any potential to move up in athletes foot though, all franchised
I loved working at The Athlete's Foot Malvern. I had great co-workers and there was a really great culture of the place. Before starting work there I didn't have any knowledge about feet but through training sessions and practical experience in the workplace I learnt all about the issues people face with feet and how the variety of sports shoes can aid people's problems. I really enjoyed the contact with the customers and listening to their issues and trying various ways to solve their problems. A difficulty with the job was that sometimes we did not have exactly what the customer was after. More times than not, however, we were able to solve the problem by offering similar options that had other benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was problem working with my other employees, meeting new people in a different context who had similar interests was really great.
Pros
Meeting new people and gaining new skills
Cons
A typical day at work is serving customers , doing some chores around the store and when its quiet doing more training.
I have learned how to really connect with the customer and how to approach them as Athletes Foot is all about being different with customer service. I have also learnt the fitting skills and services for the company.

The management is very nice, friendly and understanding, yet still organised and firm.

My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.

The hardest part of the job is learning what shoes go with what foot type.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a friendly environment where you can just have a real conversation with the customers.
Pros
20% off products, learning customer service skills
Cons
Not enough shifts
This was one of my first jobs as a teenager. I absolutely loved working at Athletes foot. I gained management skills in my role as assistant manage
Fun workplace to be in, a good group of people to work with and for. A lot to learn about all the different requirements people have and need. Heaps of different brands to know about. Need to have patience and a friendly attitude towards customers. Had to meet a certain budget.
Pros
Staff dinners
Cons
Need more room to grow
Working here was good, learnt lots and helped make people's lives better when they got a shoe that fit properly. Overall a good and beneficial experience.