The Benevolent Society Employee Reviews

Job Roles
Child Development Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 June 2019
In my case I feel that the jon position is not well suited for me, I am a person who likes to be busy, I like directions and I like to have a set and secure job description. I like this because I need to know whats expected of me and what I can expect from the company.

So far there has been very little direction, very menial even belittling tasks and duties.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
not the right position for me
Poor Managment Support
ADMINISTRATION / RECEPTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Albury-Wodonga VIC30 April 2019
Although my time with the company has been a great deal overall, nourishing & prolific. But for quite a time now I am becoming less contented with the work circumstances here. The inclination of the company & the team with which I am working has become extremely unfriendly to keep up occupying anyway. The innovative goals and the means of achieving them have made it more and more problematic to feel that I am relevant enough to stay.
Great Work environment
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Australia24 January 2019
One of the best organisation I have worked for.
Work-life balance, great salary, highly focussed on quality of work, encourages staff for training and promotions.
Pros
Perfect work environment
Cons
not many programs to offer to community
good culture and self care
Functional Family Therapy Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 December 2018
I enjoy the values of TBS and work place culture. They value the staff and promote self-care. There are opportunities to grow in management and training.
Pros
rostered days off.
Flexible hours
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 October 2018
This temporary job as a data administrator came wiht very flexible work hours which allowed work-life balance. I very much enjoyed my time here with a great team.
Ever changing Management
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 September 2018
Opportunities to work autonomously and within large busy teams.
Many Organisational changes including within management and programs, which at times was very disruptive to program delivery.

Workplace culture was mostly positive, however if you did not agree with the majority, especially management, people were generally put on the outer. Where their opinions were dismissed and at times isolated from the other programs. At times the main office was very clicky.

IT issues happened weekly if not more, and working in mobile programs this was a major disruption.

Some managers were very supportive and were very appreciative and encouraged discussions around new initiative ideas and program delivery. Most staff were offered PD, but again it was as long as you went along with the majority and didn't 'rock the boat'.
Committed and dedicated.
Campaign Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 April 2018
Focussed on delivering social outcomes.

Great workplace atmosphere, collaboration and helpful, friendly environment.

Interesting projects and highly skilled team.
Great Organisation to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 March 2018
I really enjoyed working with the Benevolent Society and would highly recommend this job. The team i worked with were great and all staff were very friendly.
productive and fun working place
Data entry/admin (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street NSW31 January 2018
fun to work with other people
get along with everyone, every one is easy going
flexible hours, including lunch
really good management
nice coffee!!!
Pros
every one is nice to work with
Cons
no cons
Excellent work environment
DATA ENTRY ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Paddington NSW13 December 2017
Benevolent Society is far and fun place to work with. all the staff are friendly, understanding and supportive. Every seem to be helpful and the culture of the organisation is supportive both staff and their clients.
A positive and collaborative work place
Child Youth and Family Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 September 2017
Case management of clients; psycho social assessments; goal setting and planning; psychological support provided; advocacy and practical support provided; parenting strategies based on behavioural and attachment models provided.
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
Child protection challenges and risk.
Company values don't line up for staff!
Family Referal Worker (Former Employee) –  Australia29 August 2017
I worked here for three years in the Family Referral Service which is a great program that I hope just gets better. My experience was one of bullying and being targeted by a Management that talked the talk but were clicky and didn't walk the walk, treating their team with suspicion and disdain. Several times they attempted to manage me out and make life very uncomfortable in the hope I would leave. They did this to so many staff members that I lost count. Head office being in Sydney meant they only knew what information was fed up the line and to say that was subjective is to understate it. After years of investigations and complaints the Management resigned so I can't say what its like currently. I've heard there are still issues among current staff which is sad. It could have been amazing.
Pros
Fair pay, great role, important work
productive
Assistant Public Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Paddington NSW30 June 2017
retail sales experience to help me in the business field. This brought me to the assistant manager position in FILA that helped me succeed. This position helped me to expand
Good place to work. Good team working environment.
Assistant Respite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW1 March 2017
I have been made redundant and looking for work.

I am a very good worker and was shocked at my redundancy.

At the Benevolent Society for 15 years. Last 3 years in the office as assistant respite coordinator. I loved working in a team enviroment and loved dealing with our clients.
Management were out of touch with the clients.
opportunities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  sydney28 January 2017
As previous mentioned this was an interesting organisation to work with it allowed opportunities for growth and advancement, working with staff mentoring and coaching to build a better cohesive team.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
working within the guidelines that were not always culturally sensitive
Great team, Great Clients
Aboriginal Mental Health Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rosebery NSW18 September 2014
I assist clients who suffer from Complex needs, mental health, aged, disability hoarding and squalor. I conduct assessments and reviews, advocate on their behalf, make referrals and enable clients to achieve their goals.
I am required to document all notes in our data base. I also assist other Case Managers when needed. I attend interagency meetings, community events and training when needed.
My team work well together and we can ask each other for advise and support when needed,
The hardest part of the job is that there are so many people that need your help and sometimes we are unable to provide our assistance, Sometimes clients refuse our help.
The most enjoyable part is knowing that you are making a difference in someones life.
Pros
Client Interaction and great team
provided relevant working experience
HR Volunteer, Induction Officer (Former Employee) –  paddinton, sydney9 November 2013
It helped me understanding HR business practices. They also helped me in gaining confidence to work in Australia.
Pros
free coffee, free tickets for theaters
Cons
low chances of paid work