The Benevolent Society
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Benevolent Society Employee Reviews

I worked here on reception and then in payroll. Whilst there were problems within the organisation and with some staff in particular, overall it was an enjoyable place to work. I wouldn't say it was the best place I have worked, nor the worst. People on the whole were friendly and competent. However, my specific department, Payroll, was quite frustrating with some incompetent staff with limited people skills. I definitely outgrew my role and was pleased to leave, although I hold no negative feelings and theoretically I would work there again.
Pros
Nice people, good services, friendly culture
Cons
Slow to address problematic behaviour
The management is horrible and makes decision in their favour only. they might kick you out whenever they want. So think twice before accepting their offer.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Terrible Management
Community and clinic based NDIS provider of services, there was limited clinicians at times and you were expected to travel to another office and treat patients giving a high number of clients and limited time to follow up or alter appointments if clients are unwell or have other appointments etc. Billing is paramount and they like to even Bill for short 5 minute phone calls or emails. I was asked to travel as far as Bondi, Bowral, Goulburn to see clients and was still expected to meet the requirements for billings despite spending hours driving that could not be billed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Lots of travel
Best not for profit. Good people, locations, flexibility, salary - apply as they are worth it. I had 6 great years there before I moved on to another role.
Friendly, supportive and ethical. Values, philosophy and workplace culture align. Fast faced environment suits flexible and positive attitudes. Approachable management, co-operative and democratic. Working for the benefit of others and for social justice goals is rewarding. Making a difference for people in their lives.
appalling culture of bullying and aggression on occasion. I was glad to leave and am sorry I went there instead of the other options I had available at the time.
I enjoyed my position at The Benevolent Society. Great place to work, my manager was firm but fair. I felt appreciated for all the hard work that I put in including all the extra hours. Made some great friends!
The truest experience of Patient centred and individualised care! I was very sad to have to leave. Highly recommended career choice within the Aged Care sector. Warm and professional management and longevity of employment within the staff.
Very much a micro management environment. Staff driven to meet excessive KPIs and stats, that management have no system to monitor. For a Ngo and charity, they should be embarrassed at treatment of Staff and clients, very much driven by money, as opposed to needs of clients.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Benevolent Society?
Management is incompetent and stifles best practice social workers. Poor quality in house training and supervision with no resources for external professional development. They're very narrow in their practice views. Paperwork is the priority over meaningful family intervention. Would never work here again.
Cons
Management, prof development
Great workplace and management all throughout the company. Team was good and very understanding and useful. Gained a lot of knowledge off management and valuable resources
Pros
Great team
Cons
Flexible
In my case I feel that the jon position is not well suited for me, I am a person who likes to be busy, I like directions and I like to have a set and secure job description. I like this because I need to know whats expected of me and what I can expect from the company. So far there has been very little direction, very menial even belittling tasks and duties.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
not the right position for me
Although my time with the company has been a great deal overall, nourishing & prolific. But for quite a time now I am becoming less contented with the work circumstances here. The inclination of the company & the team with which I am working has become extremely unfriendly to keep up occupying anyway. The innovative goals and the means of achieving them have made it more and more problematic to feel that I am relevant enough to stay.
Working in the NDIS space is ever-changing and never simple. Despite the complexities of the sector and challenges of maintaining a sustainable business model there are rewards to be had. Unfortunately there is a reactive management style that leaves employees in a constant state of flux, wondering if their roles will remain in place as the organisation seeks to stay competitive and look for cost savings to deliver services in this sector.
One of the best organisation I have worked for. Work-life balance, great salary, highly focussed on quality of work, encourages staff for training and promotions.
Pros
Perfect work environment
Cons
not many programs to offer to community
I enjoy the values of TBS and work place culture. They value the staff and promote self-care. There are opportunities to grow in management and training.
Pros
rostered days off.
This temporary job as a data administrator came wiht very flexible work hours which allowed work-life balance. I very much enjoyed my time here with a great team.
Opportunities to work autonomously and within large busy teams. Many Organisational changes including within management and programs, which at times was very disruptive to program delivery. Workplace culture was mostly positive, however if you did not agree with the majority, especially management, people were generally put on the outer. Where their opinions were dismissed and at times isolated from the other programs. At times the main office was very clicky. IT issues happened weekly if not more, and working in mobile programs this was a major disruption. Some managers were very supportive and were very appreciative and encouraged discussions around new initiative ideas and program delivery. Most staff were offered PD, but again it was as long as you went along with the majority and didn't 'rock the boat'.
Focussed on delivering social outcomes. Great workplace atmosphere, collaboration and helpful, friendly environment. Interesting projects and highly skilled team.
I really enjoyed working with the Benevolent Society and would highly recommend this job. The team i worked with were great and all staff were very friendly.