The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 1,515 reviews
Productive and Fun environment
Makeup Artist/Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Western Australia17 December 2018
I met some amazing people while I was working at the Body Shop. I learnt so much about skincare and makeup products. I am glad that I could help so many customer with choosing the right product for their skin and I am also grateful for my amazing manager who helped me a lot in the beauty industry.
Short
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD6 December 2018
Same thing as scensty
Not a lot of support
Couldnt find ways to bring in customers or ways to advertise
No contact from anyone
My typical day consisted of finding out what i was meant to be doing
Pros
Products were amazing
Cons
Not alot of guidance
Fabulous product and ethics
Self Employed Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rosebud VIC13 November 2018
Fabulous products and ethics . I loved working for the company but sadly they became an online business and ceased their "at home " program. So unfortunately this made me redundant.
Pros
Great products and ethics
Cons
Ceased "at home " program
Seasonal Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 August 2018
I only worked at The Body Shop during the Christmas Season and I have to say, it was great! loved every minute it. My manager was very helpful and taught me many sales skills. Even though i was only there for a short while, I always felt welcomed. The girls were awesome to work with. The workplace culture resembled a family; everyone worked as a team to drive up sales goals and to over exceed customers expectations.
Hardest part of the job was honestly nothing because the body shop has a great support team and they helped me every step of the way.
The best part of the job was serving customer and getting to know them. I loved recommending products to customers and i must say it was so easy to sell the body shop products as its quality speaks for themselves.
Pros
great workplace culture
Cons
nothing
Productive, fun and easy going place to work
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Booragoon WA Rockingham WA31 July 2018
I loved working at the Body shop and it was such a fun time of my career and I completed a traineeship through them , certifcate III in retail operations. I did so much hard work for The Body Shop. And was one of the top sellers
Pros
Free samples
Cons
hard worker
produvtive and fun work and Team Work
Mig Welder/welding part together (Former Employee) –  Altona VIC7 February 2018
A Machine Operator reliable and punctual individual is trustworthy and a hard working an outstanding job and continuously working towards improvement
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD12 October 2017
I love the Body Shops Ethics, they treat their staff with respect. And I love what they contribute to the community.
The products that they offer are beautiful and easy to sell to customers.
Pros
Meeting lovely people
Friendly and supportive
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Western Sydney28 September 2017
Lots of free training available with a very supportive work culture. Lots of friendly and hard working members of the entire organisations with support to be wanting to go to work.
Amazing culture
Full time maternity contract (Current Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD29 August 2017
Amazing culture. Accepting of others. Willing to give everyone a chance. Minimal developmental opportunities. Allowed me to branch out to social media.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Opportunities.
Awesome Workpalce
Seasonal Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW1 August 2017
I loved my position at The Body Shop. The people, the atmosphere, the customers. Everything!
I learned so much about skin care and beauty products and so much about the background of the store also,
There were so many happy work colleges and customers.
I loved every aspect of work at The Body Shop
Pros
Excellent colleges
Cons
N/a
Great and enjoyable place to work in
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA16 February 2017
The body shop is an amazing company to work for. You have the ability to learn and grow so much, not only in knowledge of products that can benefit you but also grow and learn in customer service as well. The teams are amazing wherever you go and you will get to become a dedicated part of that team. Overall, the body shop will be a great working experience and you will never want to leave the company!
Its nice
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Helensvale QLD7 January 2017
The body shop is a fine place to work. My only hang up with the company is a lack of a communication with upper management, however it a wonderful feeling being able to confidently sell products that actually do what they say on the label.
there is a good work life balance
A great workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW5 January 2017
The body shop has taught me alot about the natural products and how much fund raising the body shop does for overseas and to save the animals and helping women and families from third world countries . The workers are dedicated and hard working . Fun bunch also , as well as getting the work done .
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Xmas casual
Productive and fun working with all great people with different culture.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Perth, Australia17 August 2016
- Working at Body Shop was a great experience as i got to learn more about what right products to use on your body, hair and explaining that to the customers what is the right thing for them to use.

- My Co-workers were all great people and great fun to work with. They helped me a lot when i first started to work and even after we all used to help each other when one is busy stacking up the products then i go and help the customer. We made a great team workers.

- Such a great place to work with all the good smell of perfumes and lotions and there were great music playing all the time so it was not stressful at all.
Fun workplace with amazing teams across all stores.
Beauty advisor (Current Employee) –  Perth WA7 June 2016
Management is very easy to work with and they only want the best for their teams. Constant training to keep up to date and opportunities for advancement are always available.
Positive, Fun and Insperational
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 May 2016
This is a very fun and energetic environment. There is a lot of support and great to work around your family commitments. This is essentially running your own business but under a well know company name with high quality products.
Pros
Lots of incentives for consultants and guests
Cons
weekend and night work
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  From home20 April 2016
It is difficult to start off with, trying to get a customer base and regular customers
As it's a business where you work from home, it allows you to work your own hours
Extra Income when juggling life
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 April 2016
I am a Body Shop at Home Consultant who shares my love for the products with people and gets paid to do it whilst able to try their products. I also get to go to meetings and courses free of charge. The best thing was going to Melbourne to conference and getting up on stage in front of consultants around Australia to receive my award. The hardest part of the job is to go outside my comfort zone. The most enjoyable part is making someone else smile
Pros
Free product
Cons
Going outside my comfort zone
Fun and safe workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA22 March 2016
From my first shift at The Body Shop I knew immediately that I would enjoy the job and work environment. The others members of staff and managers made em feel very welcome to the team and always gave me guidance when needed.
My job was the help any customers within the store and guide them to what was best recommended to suit their individual needs.
I helped distribute the deliveries to either to store floor or storage when needed to ensure all products where fully stocked and the clean.
I thoroughly enjoyed my short period of time within this position, the colleagues are now friends for life and it made the job alot easier to settle into, I felt very comfortable from the first to the last shift and it as a pleasure to work for this company.
Pros
Central location, long hours, good management
Cons
Weeks without enough hours
Loverly products to work with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mackay Qld 474012 August 2015
A typical day;

Unpacking stock, cleaning shelves, merchandising, informing customers about products and helping them make the right choice for their needs.

What I learned:

I learned about the benefits of natural ingredients.I bacame a guru at applying makeup suitable for casual wear, formal, weddings and photography.

Management:

I learnt how to manage and develop a successful team. To coach each team member in areas they needed support.Setting up targets for the day to achieve budgets and exceed KPI`s. The importance of taking the required breaks.

My co-workers:

I had wonderful team members and treated them as I like to be treated. One of my team member had been in the job seven years so I trained her up on the financial procedures which was important for her to understand and be able to perform in case myself or my 2IC were unable to open or close. She was thrilled to have learned these procedures and have me help her develop further in her career. I was constantly developing my team and observing there selling techniques looking where I could help them improve and listening to any queries they had.

The hardest part of the job:

Having to terminate a team member.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

Would have had to recieving great customer feed back. Seeing customers return and knowing they were receiving wonderful customer service, leaving happy with their purchases and knowing their shopping experience was the best They could have.
Achieving budgets and targets is always enjoyable.
Pros
Able to take home tester products to try over night
Cons
Not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.