The Cheesecake Shop

The Cheesecake Shop Employee Reviews

Great experiences but too demanding
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC15 January 2020
Learned a lot from the shop but the pay was not worth it. Shop closes at 7:30 and they expect you to finish everything by 7:30, no overtime pay (also gets scolded). Honestly, would recommend the job if you want experience but besides that, nah. Really short hours too (3-4 hour shifts)
Toxic and Poorly managed
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD18 November 2019
The Owner is a tool and the unofficial manager is nice but can't manage people well. overall, it was a really toxic environment and too many fake people.
Well Mannered and respectful environment but also fast paced and collabartive
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  East Maitland NSW4 October 2019
The environment is very positive and the team helped me with how to interact with customers and taught me different skills and tactics that are required to be part of the cheesecake family. Very acceptable and friendly team members. The hardest part would be in christmas days when all the orders are being made and been set up in a order so the customer is being served in the best and quickest way possible. Most enjoyable part of the job is having a fun time with the team member and everyone working collaboratively.
working in a bakery industry for almost 6 years
Baker (Former Employee) –  Bundoora VIC25 September 2019
I am a hardworking trustworthy person i have a experience in bakery industry in almost 6 years. I work in a differnt culture environment and always respect others people culture.
Baker/ kitchen hand
Cook/Baker (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT19 September 2019
I enjoyed for working with this company.i had the best boss.i loved all the yummy cakes I made there and enjoyed eating them.it was an excellent opportunity for me to come across in having that skills and experience.i really appreciate it very much.
Was ok
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Qld13 August 2019
Pros: Making cakes, been a little artistic at work.
Cons: Unrealistic workload, horrible management, head office personnel that do not care about the staff only interested in numbers and franchise. No advancement unless you buy a store. minimum wage, casual rates so your hours can get cut when the owner has releitives in town willing to work for free. On your feet all day, no breaks, working alone for up to twelve hours. Closing store at 9pm and expected to work back on your own time to count tills and shut up shop (usually takes half an hour).
Beautiful people all around
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Watergardens VIC10 July 2019
My boss and my co-workers were very nice and respectful. The work environment was wonderful. I learned a lot about problem-solving as sometimes the wrong cake was ordered and I learned how to compromise with the customers so they would walk away happy and wanting to shop with us again
Pros
Great co workers
Work placement
Assistant Baker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD13 February 2019
I did workplacement here and the people there were amazing. I loved it thought It was my dream job although still waiting for a call. easy to learn and fast and slow pace
Good
Assist in setting up and closing (Former Employee) –  Dickson ACT10 February 2019
Besides being bored half the time, the pay is really good. Downside is you only get paid fortnightly. But otherwise it is a really good job most of the time
good place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2019
i learned many things from cheesecake shop. as i started my carrier in australia from cheesecake shop as customer service.
work balance. depend on owners. beause its franchise.
every owner have diffrent ideas. .

over all good
Pros
free cakes
Average Management
Senior cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Malaga17 January 2019
Good culture within the store, average management. Very busy store, kept busy all day. Only so far you can go within the company before it becomes a dead end job.
Productive workplace.
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St Albans VIC14 January 2019
Good place to start out if it's your first job. Relaxing environment and general duties are simple.

There was no interview, got a call to come in to 'train', then started working within 2 weeks.

I worked an ave. of 5 hrs a day, 3 days a week. Loved the girls I was around, they were a highlight for me to come to work.

There wasn't any set 15min or 30min lunch breaks, most employees would quickly eat then resume work.

Handling complaints and anything negative in general wasn't dealt with in a positive manner. It was a guilty before proven innocent environment.

Didn't have training procedures in place - other employees would have to give you tips instead. But super easy to learn anyhow.

It's the people around you that keeps you in this job.
Pros
Minimun OH&S safety in place.
Cons
Some employees would cover another persons shift and work from 9am - 8pm, every so often.
Family owned
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Margate QLD6 January 2019
all will vary due to ownership, but worked in great store with great team and boss. Friendly fun professional environment, Baker and I were left to manage most of the everyday store running. Enjoyed the skills i learned and the great smells :)
Productive yet a social environment
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bundoora VIC31 December 2018
A typical day at work includes setting up all showcases with fresh cakes as soon as I come in the morning, decorating different cheesecakes and tortes at the back and serving customers enthusiastically.
It was an organised environment where senior employees baked and junior staff aided by boxing cakes and decorating them when it's time. Juniors like me also handled customer service and receptionist which is the most enjoyable part of the job. Interacting with customers brought satisfaction to employees.
However, the most difficult part of the job would be around closing time
Pros
Friendly workers' team
Cons
Minimal shifts
Worse nature
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Guildford NSW13 December 2018
I am getting job there with the reference of someone
But the owner is not good
He oftenly use abusive words for the staff
It creates the negative vibes
Cons
Owner use abusive words
It was alright
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Southport, 2016, AU7 December 2018
The job was alright when the manager and her sisters weren’t around.. They were helpful sometimes and helped get the job done but overall it was like you couldn’t talk whilst they were there
Welcoming and comforting workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Currambine WA28 November 2018
Working here was amazing. The staff were so friendly and I loved every minute here. I learnt new and exciting things that were of interest to me really loved this job. Unfortunately it was nothing to do with the job, but that family problems got in the way of my work and caused me to leave.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Family problems caused my choice to leave
Typical Day.
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxburgh Park VIC13 November 2018
To start off, a typical shift for me would be 4-5 hours. Mostly I would be serving customers, as well as decorating cakes and selling them. The maintenance of the shop would also be important, cleaning gradually until fully cleaning at the end of the shift. The orders (cake orders) must all be done according to their times. I must also keep track of phone calls for orders and what not. Overall it is enjoyable due to being able to experiment with decorating cakes. The hardest part is that it is a lot of pressures, having to do all those things by my own with little assistance from bakers.
Pros
Good hourly pay.
Cons
Long hours. One employee working.
Great work atmosphere
Shop assistant, Barista and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Lake Haven NSW29 October 2018
I've picked up many skills in communication and service. Most of the time working there was busy, so I'm used to working fast passed. I worked there for nearly 10 years and love everything about the job.
Pros
Free coffee when needed
Not the fit for me
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW20 October 2018
Wasn’t a very good workplace for me personally so I moved on to find a better fit for me. Wish there was some more communication within the company for employees.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Unfair workplace management