The Cheesecake Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Cheesecake Shop Employee Reviews for Cake Decorator

Average Management
Good culture within the store, average management. Very busy store, kept busy all day. Only so far you can go within the company before it becomes a dead end job.
Beautiful people all around
My boss and my co-workers were very nice and respectful. The work environment was wonderful. I learned a lot about problem-solving as sometimes the wrong cake was ordered and I learned how to compromise with the customers so they would walk away happy and wanting to shop with us again
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
productive and fun once you know what you're doing
unless youve been in the company for a while i find it hard for new employees to feel comfortable or to be given a fair chance with the work that needs to be done.
Pros
discounted cakes
Cons
poor pay rate
I enjoyed my time there
I really liked working as a cake decorator. Making cakes and birthday cakes for customers was great. The only issue I had was location. I had moved location a year after working here and travel expenses were beginning to take a toll. I had tried relocating to a store closer to where I lived but with no luck.
fun place to work with a diverse staff
Working at the cheesecake shop i have learned a lot about decoration, work ethic, managing and rotating stock and customer service. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the food. the hardest part of the job is the management as the owner is working another job and they aren't always there so you must call them sometimes or things have to wait.possibly things get missed and screw up.
Pros
great people, fun, educational
Cons
poor management
Productive and busy
Baking,decorating, rotating stock, cleaning,serving rosters and stocking fridges changing cakes.
Management was wonderful.
Pros
flexible
Cons
can be long hours
Don't recommend it!
If you like working extremely long hours like 12 hours without a lunch break, standing on concrete floors without any rubber mats, an average wage, being employed as a casual ONLY, no job security, no annual or sick leave and being treated like dirt from management then this is a perfect job for you.
Pros
Most of the co workers are friendly, making cakes, discount on cakes.
Cons
extremely long hours, no breaks, standing all day, average wage, no job security, casual employment only, no job benefits (sick/annual leave), management gets away with murder and head office does nothing, normally all female environment and can be extremely catty at times, it's a dead end job.
A great place to work.
Head Cake Decorator. Open and close the shop. Serve customers .take orders,help interview staff.I only work with juniors on a weekend,and usually work my 6 hour shifts by myself.I work 6 days a week there.The hardest part of my job is to get others to do their jobs. There is great responsability in food.
Pros
great cakes
Cons
good hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Shop. Our community is ready to answer.