The Cheesecake Shop

The Cheesecake Shop Employee Reviews

Opportunity to learn multiple roles
Pastrycook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlestown/Wallsend NSW8 September 2015
Typical Day: Open (putting fresh cakes in the display case, register etc.). Predict product needs for the next few days and start producing those products in order of need (cooking large batches of cakes/cheesecakes, cake decorating), serving customers, Close (clear out display case, balance till).

Management: Management went high up due to this being a franchise...and to be honest, they are greedy...they gave little if no support to the shops I was working in when they were struggling...head office even opened multiple shops around the area because the first two were doing so well...which lead to their ultimate demise!
There was no flexibility in product variation, so a lot of customers were turned away because we couldn't vary products or produce new ones.
I have found since that where products used to be baked fresh on premises, they are now delivered from Sydney...frozen.

Co-Workers: As is reality in life, everyone is different so there were plenty of difficult people and plenty of nice people who came through...it was a LONG day though if you were working with someone difficult (usually only 2 staff maximum except for weekends).

Hardest part of the job: While I was employed, it was a very long day (9am-7pm...it used to be 8.30-7.30 but we were forced to start on opening and leave on close to save money...even if you were the one opening and closing).
The roster worked over a fortnight and was 4 days one week, 3 the next. There was very limited staff (to save money) so this work day became difficult if someone was sick...especially when the role requires you
  more... to do everything...(became hard to stay motivated on task when constantly interrupted to serve a customer).
No opportunity for advancement...dead end job.

Most enjoyable part: Even though the review isnt too good, I still enjoyed working there...especially when I had job security. I enjoyed showing new employees the ropes.
Pros
Left overs
Cons
Long hours, little support
Do not work there!
trainee pastry cook/baker. (Former Employee) –  Nowra, NSW15 January 2015
Its not worth the energy or the time. I would highly advise against working here.
Not have a lot of work to be doing
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown11 September 2014
• Cash handling
• Customer service
• Operating cash register and EFTPOS equipment
• Assisting with decoration of products
• Shelf stacking and face-up
• Closing premises
Great fun
sales and bakery assistant (Former Employee) –  Prospect, SA5 July 2014
The Cheesecake shop was fun to work for. I enjoyed always eating cake
The Cheesecake Shop Werribee
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  VIC1 May 2014
10am start.
Rotate stock.
Freshen up stock.
Serve customers, take orders.
I learnt a lot of social skills and people skills that were much needed.
The head honchos are beyond lovely.
Hardest part of the job would be working with people that are slow and do not take the job seriously.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer is beyond happy with their cakes.
fun cooking job
PASTRY COOK (Former Employee) –  Nowra, NSW28 February 2014
great work if you like baking and decorating cakes.

excellent opportunities to advance to own a franchise after completing a few years experience.

the best part is being able to sell a product you made from scratch and can be proud of.

the aroma of baking throughout the day leaves you craving for cake... who wouldnt love this job?
Great people to work for
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chelsea Heights30 January 2014
All good. See resume for job description. People were great, learned all about Quality Assurance, management were interesting, great bunch of co-workers. Enjoyed interacting with the Franchisees but did not enjoy marking them down when they did not meet the standards.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Too much travel
Very busy workplace.
Junior Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mackay21 October 2013
Busy workplace.
You start from the bottom and work yourself up.
Well trained by management.
Co-workers are friendly but very busy.
The hardest part is getting your work completed by a certain time especially during very busy times.
The most enjoyable part of the job is serving at the front counter.
Pros
Take home cakes that are not sold.
Cons
Nil
productive and fun workplace learn alot of new skills
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Shepparton Vic28 August 2013
You learn many things at the Cheesecake shop. you learn how to make, bake and decorate cakes cheesecakes and other bits and pieces they sell.
A great place to work.
Head Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Caloundra18 April 2013
Head Cake Decorator. Open and close the shop. Serve customers .take orders,help interview staff.I only work with juniors on a weekend,and usually work my 6 hour shifts by myself.I work 6 days a week there.The hardest part of my job is to get others to do their jobs. There is great responsability in food.
Pros
great cakes
Cons
good hours