The Coffee Club
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

Clear favouritism from owners and management. Employees could never work fast enough or hard enough to please them owners - staff burned out quickly and the staff turn around was wire high.
It was really difficult to contact and talk to the managers/ they were rarely even in the restaurant, this made it really difficult to actually understand what you were meant to be doing and all business protocols.
Pros
Free drink every shift, 50% off during breaks
Store manager and Owner very nasty and secretive. Very Two faced, lots of lying and gossip. No communication of management and no actual care for staff.. Using staff as slaves without an appreciation at the end of the day. Employees were the only positive. no consideration for staff suffering with mental health.
Pros
full time available
Cons
everything
I had a terrible experience with the owners of the coffee club. The crew I worked with were all amazing people with an amazing attitude however the owner had no trust in her staff and fired me for misconduct that she couldn't tell me what was. She refused to answer centrelink when asked what the misconduct was and made getting work elsewhere difficult when she sent us all emails telling the staff we were not to use anyone but herself as a reference for other jobs.
Pros
Cons
Too many to write
I worked for TCC for 10 yrs and enjoyed every moment. Within these 10 yrs through TCC I gained accredited qualifications including a Cert 4 in hospitality. Great company who look after their staff. Highly recommend.
Pros
Great support and education.
Cons
None really except you get addicted to the coffee ;)
bubbly staff, good venue. best coffee good work environment most of the staff has been trained before start working the owner is very polite and professional
I was one of few younger staff left after the change of new owners. I was not treated fairly compared to the older staff who were meant to be role models for us.
I started as a cook and after 6 months was was promoted to kitchen manager. It was a very busy with the day to day running of the kitchen but very rewarding career, i learnt a lot. I even had the opportunity to go to Perth WA after being chosen by head office to open a kitchen from scratch and train all the new kitchen staff in 10 days. This was a massive task but very successful,i learnt a lot and found this extremely rewarding.I think the most important thing in life is to have a strong work ethic and want to better yourself all the time.
always happy to help and fair to all staff ,Manager was easy to get only with ,all the staff were easy to work for opportunity to move up in management
I was at the airport coffee club. It was very fast paced and very busy. Well organised management and there were staff incentives but the wages were too low.
I worked in two stores for Coffee Club. At cairns airport it was fast paced with not a lot of down time but when it was it was time to clean up and restock ready for the next flights or shift to start. I worked early open shifts and late closing the shifts. I was a Supervisor in both stores and the team were great. Everyone worked well together and of course worked in close tight ares. I learned to work in a fast paced industry in working in hospitality again. I trained staff and manager Ed staff on a daily bases.
Good to secure work experience. The training program is proactive wherein new staff is asked to be on the floor training on day 1. Staff gets free hot drinks everyday!
I have worked at the coffee club for two years, and they still refuse to sign me off on my barista course and I don't get penalty rates for weekends or public holidays, there is only a 20% discount on food and drink and I wasn't even allowed to give the discount to my mum.
Pros
some friendly staff
Cons
management, payment, discounts
it is a fast paced store I worked at with a great team to cover the work load and friendly customers and staff. THe casual shifts were cpaced evenly amongst the workers and tailored to the strengths of the team, ei. newer workers would be with experienced worker until they could handle working on their own, say in the morning for opening shifts.
Was a great place to work until Covid-19 forced closure of stores. Store and staff were friendly, management was very friemdly staff trained well. Loved the store discounts
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
only casual work, no job security i.e no annual leave, sick leave
Didn’t get paid on time and wasn’t treated amazingly. Staff was nice, it was management that seemed to be the problem most of the time. Nothing huge but just not an outstanding job
As work experience it was good, took a bit to get comfortable with routine aftwr the first day I was good, i prepared food, dishes, served, and returned dishes
The managers would take the team out for outside activities. We were a small team of 15 but close like a family, always had a staff party and loads of fun and training whilst at work.
Pros
The coffee club
Cons
Non
its a good experience working in a fast past cafe/restaurent. Where can i meet you for coffe? Coffee Club. However, sometime need to anoyed by the chef as she is too old to handle the preasure and you would end up doing alll by yourself. No enough break
Best job, enjoyed every moment being surrounded my amazing people who continued to push me to be the best i can while also being kind and respectful. Learn so many aspects of hospitality.
Pros
Discounted Food and easily accessible
Cons
Physical job
I took time off due to being unwell. Store owner said I could let him know when I'm really to return and he'd said rostering me again. I let them know never heard from again. They expected a lot from you even though its a café. very stressful, rude management - favouritism: some girls that when friends with the managers got to slack off and do nothing whilst others were doing the bad job, only hired girls as wait staff when I was there. they're not flexible in their roster. poor training system
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
  1. Employee Reviews