The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

Inadequate treatment of staff
Barista (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC21 May 2018
Was belittled and treated like a toddler, not only I but many staff members left due to the constant bullying from management. Do not recommend to anyone.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Taigum QLD15 May 2018
It worked out well at first.
What really disappointed me was the culture of the workplace. Gossip was rampant throughout. And it started from the top management.
-Group events outside work was heavy with gossip.
-Called out publicly on a work shift for choosing not to attend such an event.

Money not worth environment.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
Gossip Culture
Stressful and fast-paced workplace with rude management
Wait Staff/Kitchen Hand, Apprentice chef & cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainland QLD10 May 2018
The store offered great flexibility around personal priorities, however the management of this specific store made working for The Coffee Club stressful.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Rude management
good enviroment
Cafe All Rounder (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 May 2018
a good place for student to work with. however the salary is not as attracting. tired but fun working environment. u can know a lots of great people with working here.
Small but friendly environment
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Queensland26 April 2018
I found The Coffee Club was always busy, well at the branch that I worked in was, as it was also a restaurant. I wasn't a fan of their management. Best part about this job is you meet some really nice customers.
work was average
Kitchenhand/ Barista/ Waiter (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT16 April 2018
work was pretty decent for me but i sort of didn't feel comfortable working there as i don't really like it there due to boss attitude and the rude customers.
friendly and welcoming service
Dish hand (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 March 2018
come in to work at 6:30 in the morning 4 days a week and i prepare small cakes before serving chips wedges and doing other small jobs for the head chef and then do dishes when needed, i learnt how to work in a fast paced invironment. i had a great relationship with my boss, mainly because he was my father. good hours, minimum wage though, hardest part of the job was waiting for my father to finish because he finished 5 hours later. the most enjoyable part was working with alot of friendly people.
Pros
free food at breaks, and discounts
Cons
not enough days working
no chance of goig nowhere
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Kawana QLD22 March 2018
no real working people in big office so mostly really hard to know why sometimes they are making some choices. no practical in many places and just based on profit for the big person no life of the worker considerations
fun and enjoyable
Food & Beverage attendant /Barista/Cook (Former Employee) –  Glenorchy TAS22 March 2018
typical day day work was great, such an enjoyable place when you love your work and the people you work with.
store was ran great, hardest part was the rude customers, you get them everywhere but sometime they don't make you feel great.
Loved working here
SAFF MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Morayfield QLD20 March 2018
this is a truly grate place to work you'll get along with everyone they know have to have fun and are like a family but the pay wasn't so good or at least for me
Terrible environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD18 March 2018
Brisbane International airport is a terrible place to work, they treat you well the first month of employment and then you are treated like rubbish. It is a very busy environment and effort is never recognised. Very early start and late closing times, car park is very expensive. You have to give yourself at least an extra hour before you start your shift to be able to start on time as the car park is far away and buses do not run on time table. Management is the poorest I have ever seen in my hospitality career. Employee's wellbeing is never considered. Most supervisors are under 26 years old with no experience in their roll when the business serves 400+ customers a day. The place is a mess. Do not work for them.
Pros
Cons
Bad hours, very hard job
Productive fun environment
TRAINEE COOK & WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Springfield8 March 2018
The Coffee Club was an excellent first job to learn new schools with great management and chefs helping me along the way. The workplace culture was great, all the employees worked together as a team and helped other whenever they could.
well enjoyed
Kitchen Hand, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Stones Corner QLD28 February 2018
i enjoyed working at the coffee club everyone was very easy to work with. i dont have a bad word to say but it was a long time ago i cant remember in detail how it all was i was only casual as i was working other jobs at the time
Fast-Paced and productive workplace
Waitress | Barista | Shift Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Loganholme QLD27 February 2018
Fast-paced, fun and challenging

Key importance of customer service skills and the correct actions to take when dealing with guests.

Angry customers, mistakes
Pros
Great team, free food and coffee
Cons
Full uniform in the heat
How to better service customers and do efficient daily duties
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 February 2018
Working around two years in The Coffee Club, I learned how to deal with customer complains and make them happy. Before working as a manager assistant, I thought the manager was doing an easy job because they do not need to serve customers such as serving coffee and food. However, when I was working in this position, I found there were some services skills and which can only be learned through working in this position.
good
Chef/Barista/Waiter/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cook SA21 February 2018
high volume of coffee to be serve every hour
very good coffee and consistency all coffee had made
friendly environment to work and diversity.
.........
Very unorganised worklife
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD19 February 2018
Expected to always over shifts.
Limited hours, if you work a long week, the next week your hours will be cut so instead of making some extra money for your hard working week, you'll need that to cover you for your lost hours.
Always dramas will young staff, not wanting to work but instead socialize.
Expected to work every holiday, weekend, and often turn up to work with them not even needing you to fulfill the shift.
A tiny small kitchen, expected to get meals out in little time.
Alot of customers complaining and abusing you, when you really are trying your best.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Always having to be social and bright when you dont in anyway feel it every single day.
learning
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Bribie Island QLD14 February 2018
this was my first job and working here i learnt so much. i acquired many skills, like service and becoming the best barista i can be. this job also allowed me to get out of my comfit zone, i was very shy and quiet before having to talk to strangers about their days and also developing a relationship with these strangers. hardest part was leaving this place because i had worked there for 5 years a felt i had an obligation to the management and the company.
Pros
advancements
Cons
management
the coffee club
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Point Cook VIC14 February 2018
carrying stuffs
learn how to manage things
people are friendly and always support the newbies
it was a professional workplace, no cash in hand, people always follow the rules as much as possible
Busy hours
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 February 2018
Waitressing was not the job for me. So I chose a different career. I do not know much about this company as I was not working for the coffee club for very long. This was just a trial amd some work but I did not enjoy it
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons