The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

Demanding
Level 1 Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bulimba QLD1 February 2019
Was a fun place to work when I had a lot of energy, but became extremely tiring. Got fired unlawfully which was also communicated through a text message.
Pros
Short, flexible shifts
Cons
Respect
productive and great crew
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD1 February 2019
The Coffee Club is an amazing place to work. They are all nice and fun to work with. The crew are friendly and kind to every customer that walks into the store. I learnt a lot from the coffee club, like; barista skills, front & back of house skills, how to work with customers. the hardest part of the job is probably the coffee station, because some people like their coffee to be exactly right. the most enjoyable part of the job is the cooking for me because I like to cook.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
being on your feet all day
Busy and refreshing
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD24 January 2019
This place kept me on my toes constantly having tasks to complete. This workplace was enjoyable for me and the staff although there was a manager who made working there much more unpleasant.
Busy but fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD20 January 2019
The coffee club is a fast paced business.
With great workers both on counter and in the kitchen.
Sometimes the kitchen can seem as though it is crowded and make it a slightly hard place to work in
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Very fast paced for a slightly small kitchen
Difficult Workplace to Learn
Waitress/Barista (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW16 January 2019
Prior to my job at Coffee Club I did not have any prior cafe experience. I found it difficult to learn as no one at the time was willing to help me. Starting out I was mostly just cleaning dishes.
it is a busy working place which require staff to be versatile at work.
Food and beverage attendant (Current Employee) –  Northern Territory9 January 2019
I am working for a franchise owned business the benefits are good and the rate also hit the standard rate for a worker. It is a bit challenging when new training that should be meet by everybody . as well as the culture and language that every individual possess but despite of differences it made the team more diverse with communicating with each other respecting the norms and culture is I think always part of working with a team.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no free meals nor discounts.
Team orientated work environment with a customer first approach
CAFÉ ALL ROUNDER (Current Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD2 January 2019
Have loved working at The Coffee Club and have gained pivotal experience in a dynamic workplace environment. Throughout my employment I have learnt how to deliver exceptional customer service, work efficiently in a team environment and resolve customer queries and disputes effectively to ensure a happy store experience.
Hated it!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 December 2018
Every second i worked here i hated. i was treated unfairly, workers were rude, i would never recommend working for such a place. at the start i loved working here.
fun environment to work.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kalamunda WA23 November 2018
working here for a short period of time, taught me how to even work in teams. communicate and create a beautiful connections with the people working there and also to the customers visiting the cafe.
absolutely horrible staff and managers
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Greensborough VIC7 November 2018
big gossip culture, have worked for over a year but no appreciation for work. Limited shifts and horrible hours, people have also travelled long hours just to work for 1.5hrs i.e rostered. Managers cannot handle dual subordination at all and fight for positions all the time, favouritism is also a big factor. Absolutely hated working there, would never recommend.
learnt how to work in a fast paced environment
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW7 November 2018
Was a great place to work but due to what had happened that year i had to unfortunately leave and resign. The people were always so lovely toward crew and the customers. the never stopped smiling or caring no matter whether they had been there for 2 hours or 7 they never stopped caring.
Nice work placement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW6 November 2018
you are enabled to serve people if the employers tell you are up to it and they encourage you to pursue and continue to learn. I also got provided with free lunch so that is a bonus.
Pros
Free lunch
Positive work culture
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kippax Centre ACT15 October 2018
The best part of working with TCC was the management being very caring and understanding and pretty much like my family at work. A typical day would be so smooth with friendly colleagues and happy clients. I would look back to culture like that.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too busy during public holidays
productive and helpful enviorment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD3 October 2018
the coffee club was a great work experience where I learnt new things and gaining more responsibility. The environment was great and the staff was welcoming
Pros
Half price
job
Casual Waitress and Kitchenhand (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD1 October 2018
Love my workplace due to lovely and amazing team to work with.at the moment. Very stressful at times when we are short of staff it put on more pressure on our team. And we get no breaks at all.

We get no holidays and sick pay. Due to we are all hired as casuals.

I love my floor manager is she is very supportive and lovely person to work with.
Pros
50 per cent off meals, amazing staff members
Cons
not enough staff on floor, no holiday or sick pay at all
fun workplace with great environment
BOH chef (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC17 September 2018
the coffee club was a great place to work with a great and friendly environment. Learnt how to make different recipes and coffees, working as a is really fun and i had a great time cooking because who doesnt love food?
fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  nt, australia8 September 2018
All staff willing to help each other out. great teamwork in all departments. I loved going into work everyday and will remember the experience forever.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
short break
Poor working environment
waitress and barista (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 September 2018
After 4 years of working at the coffee club in Whitfords I left and realised how mistreated we were. The pay was poor, low hours and workplace bullying rife. There was no opportunity for advancement or growth and management didn't communicate both with staff or with each other. I will never recommend it to anyone as a workplace.
Pros
1 free coffee per shift
Not a bad place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA2 September 2018
The coffee club was a great first job got me into the working industry at the appropriate young age. Work environment is hit and miss dependent on who you are. They do require a certain look for their FOH staff but are good training providers for their job roles and give exceptional customer service. They can be good when it comes to work and life commitments however it does depend on who your manager is. Kitchen staff can be rude but other wise this isnt a bad first job.
Pros
Knock off early if not busy (sometimes) and good staff base
Cons
Poor management and salary.
Great community
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamunda WA30 August 2018
Coffee club offers great diversity, I worked as a kitchen hand, a waitress, a barista and a manager, I was given full training for every aspect of the company and my training was continuously updated.