The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

Positive work culture
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kippax Centre ACT15 October 2018
The best part of working with TCC was the management being very caring and understanding and pretty much like my family at work. A typical day would be so smooth with friendly colleagues and happy clients. I would look back to culture like that.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too busy during public holidays
productive and helpful enviorment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD3 October 2018
the coffee club was a great work experience where I learnt new things and gaining more responsibility. The environment was great and the staff was welcoming
Pros
Half price
fun workplace with great environment
BOH chef (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC17 September 2018
the coffee club was a great place to work with a great and friendly environment. Learnt how to make different recipes and coffees, working as a is really fun and i had a great time cooking because who doesnt love food?
fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  nt, australia8 September 2018
All staff willing to help each other out. great teamwork in all departments. I loved going into work everyday and will remember the experience forever.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
short break
Poor working environment
waitress and barista (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 September 2018
After 4 years of working at the coffee club in Whitfords I left and realised how mistreated we were. The pay was poor, low hours and workplace bullying rife. There was no opportunity for advancement or growth and management didn't communicate both with staff or with each other. I will never recommend it to anyone as a workplace.
Pros
1 free coffee per shift
Not a bad place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA2 September 2018
The coffee club was a great first job got me into the working industry at the appropriate young age. Work environment is hit and miss dependent on who you are. They do require a certain look for their FOH staff but are good training providers for their job roles and give exceptional customer service. They can be good when it comes to work and life commitments however it does depend on who your manager is. Kitchen staff can be rude but other wise this isnt a bad first job.
Pros
Knock off early if not busy (sometimes) and good staff base
Cons
Poor management and salary.
Great community
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamunda WA30 August 2018
Coffee club offers great diversity, I worked as a kitchen hand, a waitress, a barista and a manager, I was given full training for every aspect of the company and my training was continuously updated.
Fun worplace to interact with customers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eaton WA30 August 2018
Management work the roster to ensure everyone enjoys a balanced work social life, they are very approachable. Lots of training given. Set up café and serve customers both food and coffee. lots of regulars
Productive and a fun work environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD23 August 2018
I have been work at this establishment for ages now and I really appreciate every opportunity I get. The work environment is great and I always feel as though I belong and are welcomed.
Productive and fast paced environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Redcliffe QLD19 August 2018
Hospitality has always been on the go work force. Split shifts are excruciating, but I found with The Coffee Club, it has a bustling and vibrant atmosphere with friendly staff.
Friendly workplace
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA11 August 2018
The most enjoyable thing about working at The Coffee Club was working with a team of lovely people that I could easily get along with and learning new things in the field of hospitality.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Can get fast paced
coffee
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD11 August 2018
worked as a waitress, emjoyed it and the people i worked with. busy on weekends and would have a line out the door waiting to be seated. sort of busy on week days
Productive workplace, great team, fun invironment.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT8 August 2018
From this job i have learned so much, making coffee was a priority, After learning how to make a rippa coffee, i moved on to getting to know how the work environment goes, eg. cleaning tables constantly, making sure customers are happy and ensuring that the coffee is perfect.

Culture was amazing, loved every minute of work.

Manager was incredible, super understanding and always up for a chat.
Pros
discounts
Cons
only get discounts when working
Fast Paced
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD7 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time there I learned a lot about time management and how to give excellent customer service. The team I worked for were really nice and taught me a lot of what I use in my current job.
Pros
Discount on good quality food!
Good atmosphere, nice service
Customer- service assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 August 2018
Shift work with good teamwork. The Coffe club provides good management, people are friendly there. The hardest part of the job is the work under pressure in busy cafe time. Improving good communication skills and provide a nice service.
Pros
505 discount
Cons
6-7 hours
Loved working there, did not like the managers.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lismore NSW31 July 2018
• Typical day at work consisted of cleaning everything, doing dishes and serving drinks and food to customers.
• I learned how to balance a tray full of drinks and learned how to make some drinks.
• The management wasn’t that good. I did not like the managers. There was a lack of communication. Hard to communicate with the managers as they were from different countries. A very fast paced and pushed job, nothing was good enough, was not able to go higher and learn more in my position, constantly being criticised, no down time, no praise. I did not feel welcomed when I worked there at all. Lack of hours.
• Cultures of workers were mainly Australian, Indian and Asian.
• Hardest part of the job would have to be trying to get everything done when it was busy.
• Most enjoyable part of this job was to work with some of the nice workers, and serve the customers.
Pros
Discounted food/drinks
Cons
Managers
enjoyable
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD30 July 2018
good way to start in the waitressing community.

cleaning, collecting plates and glasses, using the till, shutting up and opening up store.

being positive was a great way to start the day
A hard core manager who was in it for the money
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 July 2018
The owner/manager of the 2 franchises I worked at was always rude to staff, and quite often yelled at me in front of customers.

When I started, I was put on as casual (2 shifts per week at his discretion), with the promise of a permanent part-time role after a trial period.

Well that never happened, even though I was called to come in at no notice to cover a staff shortage on numerous occasions
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Rancid work environment
stressful workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Marion SA27 July 2018
didn't follow the work health and safety laws correctly making the workplace stressful. I felt intimidated by management while working hear and felt that my work rights were not respected.
fun workplace with great people
Waitress (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW22 July 2018
Such an amazing place to work. Everyone there is so lovely and the owners are very organised which helps as the day is then run very smoothly and there is hardly any stuff ups.
Pros
great workplace