The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Barista/Cafe All Rounder (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW17 June 2019
Fast paced, fun workplace with great friends to work with. A lot of areas to learn and grow in to then teach and help others. A lot of regulars who are happy to have a chat.
Would not Reccommend
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 June 2019
The Coffee Club in my experience have been very hit or miss. i have worked at two, and both managers have been utterly incompetent and vile towards not only staff but customers as well, making it unbearable to work under them.
good for the experience, but overall a disgusting workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW30 May 2019
yes, your job can be stressful and most of the time overwhelming, as any job would be, but The Coffee Clubs boss makes it 10x worse and is unbearable to the point where it makes you feel sad, and at most point depressed. it is a disgusting workplace and environment.
with my whole experience with working at the Coffee Club, I have learned to take the rubbish out, do the dishes, and was taught 4 times to make cold drinks and I was expected to remember everything while only lasting 5 mins within each of those 4 times of being taught, I personally wouldn't call it being taught but that's what they called it.
the management is debatable, sometimes it's decent but other times it is terrible and unmanaged.
everything about the job is supposed to be simple and easy going but the boss makes it 10x harder and expects so much from you even though you are doing as your told and trying to make everyone happy while doing your job. he expects you to do 20 things at a time.
the only enjoyable part of the job is seeing the friends you have made within the workplace.
Pros
the experience
Cons
the wage
Simpliste
Serveur en terrasse (Former Employee) –  AU22 April 2019
Rien d'extraordinaire à raconter par apport à cette entreprise
Good summer time job
DISH HAND (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD19 April 2019
i worked with fun, easy going people. The management team were very understandable and good with communication. I was very young when i was at this job and was there for a very short time period. Therefore, i don't really remember too much about working here. My memories of The Coffee Club are all very positive. I so however now know, that hospitality is not an area that suits my job desires.
Developmental and a place for improving work experience
Supervisor/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD24 March 2019
The Coffee Club helped me improve my skills and upgraded my role to a Duty Manager as they saw my excellent foundation skills and knew I was eager to train for more complex scenarios: Stock, Supervising, Barista, Bartender, all FOH services.
Pros
Good amount of hours and shifts.
Cons
Not great Benefits
Tiring but great people to work with
WAITSTAFF AND BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC20 March 2019
Very tiring and intensive job, with long hours. However there are great staff at the franchise I work at which makes it a bit better. The most annoying thing about the coffee club is all of the online modules you have to do. you have to do every single one, even if you are not in kitchen you must do the kitchen procedure ones and prep recipes. and it is unpaid to complete these and takes hours.

it can be very hard to get shifts covered as they do not have an excess of people and the management usually only barely rosters enough people for the shift to function.
Pros
50% off when working
Cons
long hours, tiring work
Unimpressive, could be better
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Buderim QLD 455612 March 2019
The training was non-exsistent, the management treated the staff poorly and unfairly at times, slight bullying was happening between the staff members.
Pros
Money, Hours, Shifts
Cons
Treatment, organisation
It’s all about the team
Head Barista (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 March 2019
Love the job itself. Developed excellent barista skills and really enjoy working the floor. The managers and store owner are another story. I happened to be the only full time staff members aside from their 5 managers in a quiet store so I copped the brunt of all their issues and was under a magnifying glass. Owner and boss don’t give a care at all to the store and the supervisors constantly fight and argue. Pay is terrible too
Pros
Company and their stores are great
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, lots of fighting, bad pay
has its ups and downs
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Aspley QLD6 March 2019
too many shift managers, and then one person gets to make all the decisions. Most people are good to work with, management not really ideal. was great while it lasted.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
vindictive manager who distroyed opportunities for young people
Do not even bother...
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD26 February 2019
I was texted and asked to come in for a two hour trial. I had been looking for work for two months and agreed, showing up the next day to complete it. I was put straight to work; I had years of experience in hospitality and completed the two hours easily. They took my aside at the end and spoke to me about my availability (which was also noted on my resumé). I informed them again that I was studying an intense degree full time at university and availability would be a casual 1-3 shifts a week. They agreed. I completed one seven hour shift last week (with neither manager present) and left tired, but satisfied; little did I know it would my first and last shift... I sent my hours through last weekend for this week - I never received a roster. I emailed trying to follow the roster up and was ignored. Last night I received a no-reply email from the Coffee Club thanking me for my time and contribution - I had been fired with no explanation and no further contact. I tried to log into the Clubhouse to leave a review and was left with a notice that read “Your Manager has deactivated your account”. I was shocked. Today I saw that my pay has gone into my account but I did not receive a pay check. I was not paid for my trial and received less than $100 (less than $15 an hour) for seven hours work (illegal for a 19-year-old) after being told I would receive $20 an hour. I cannot get through to any body I worked with.

The other staff gossip, swear, do not follow hospitality protocol and are just plain unpleasant. The management is awful and strained. Do yourself a favour and save yourself
  more... the time and effort - just don’t apply.  less
Pros
There really weren’t any
Cons
Illegally paid, long hours, poor management etc...
Great co-workers and fun place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC26 February 2019
Awesome place to work and amazing co-workers and regular customers. Everyday is different. We always have children running around to do with the kids play area. Everyone hangs out with each other outside of work as well, which is amazing, cause who doesn't like new friends and plus they are all from around the world too.
Pros
shopping and Hoyts and some discounts in other stores
Cons
can be dead quite at times.
Great Place to work - Plenty Valley Store Melbourne
Cafe all rounder (Current Employee) –  Plenty Valley VIC19 February 2019
If you can work at The Coffee Club fast paced, YOU CAN WORK ANY WHERE and be a gun at what you do.
Great work environment, great team, friendly regular customers, a lot of cross training is provided so we are multi skilled, great store environment, understanding down to earth Managers. They are what make the store. Every regular customer, comes in to see one manager in particular everyday due to her being so welcoming and making them feel special each and everytime they come in. When she is not there on the weekend they say, they can feel the difference in the store and look forward to seeing her on the Monday. She is what makes the Plenty Valley Store.
We are provided with a lot of online training to help you adapt to The Coffee Club work standards.
Daily coaching is provided so you work up to speed as required and you are constantly remind of the 6 steps of service.
Without using the method LATTE and 6 steps of services you will not survive at The Coffee Club.
We are coached daily until these methods become like a Coffee Club religion for us:) at first you think it’s full on!!!
But once you understand the standards that’s required of us, ITS A BREEZE and all thanks to the managers not giving up on us. They say “it’s not rocket science what we do here anyone can do it! you just need to make it all become second nature and it will just be apart of your regular customer service skills “ Which is what has happened :) I now can work comfortably in any fast paced environment thanks to The Coffee Club Plenty Valley.
Pros
Look forward to going to work every shift I am rostered, great store to work at.
Cons
Need to learn how to walk fast!!! which I now can do :)
Great atmosphere
Permanent part-time waiter & barista (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 February 2019
Worked there for three years and really loved the girls I worked with. I found my manager to be very good. There is a good discount on food and often I would get a free coffee every shift.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
customers
Demanding
Level 1 Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bulimba QLD1 February 2019
Was a fun place to work when I had a lot of energy, but became extremely tiring. Got fired unlawfully which was also communicated through a text message.
Pros
Short, flexible shifts
Cons
Respect
productive and great crew
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD1 February 2019
The Coffee Club is an amazing place to work. They are all nice and fun to work with. The crew are friendly and kind to every customer that walks into the store. I learnt a lot from the coffee club, like; barista skills, front & back of house skills, how to work with customers. the hardest part of the job is probably the coffee station, because some people like their coffee to be exactly right. the most enjoyable part of the job is the cooking for me because I like to cook.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
being on your feet all day
Busy and refreshing
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD24 January 2019
This place kept me on my toes constantly having tasks to complete. This workplace was enjoyable for me and the staff although there was a manager who made working there much more unpleasant.
Busy but fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD20 January 2019
The coffee club is a fast paced business.
With great workers both on counter and in the kitchen.
Sometimes the kitchen can seem as though it is crowded and make it a slightly hard place to work in
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Very fast paced for a slightly small kitchen
Difficult Workplace to Learn
Waitress/Barista (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW16 January 2019
Prior to my job at Coffee Club I did not have any prior cafe experience. I found it difficult to learn as no one at the time was willing to help me. Starting out I was mostly just cleaning dishes.
it is a busy working place which require staff to be versatile at work.
Food and beverage attendant (Current Employee) –  Northern Territory9 January 2019
I am working for a franchise owned business the benefits are good and the rate also hit the standard rate for a worker. It is a bit challenging when new training that should be meet by everybody . as well as the culture and language that every individual possess but despite of differences it made the team more diverse with communicating with each other respecting the norms and culture is I think always part of working with a team.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no free meals nor discounts.