The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

Hated it!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 December 2018
Every second i worked here i hated. i was treated unfairly, workers were rude, i would never recommend working for such a place. at the start i loved working here.
fun environment to work.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kalamunda WA23 November 2018
working here for a short period of time, taught me how to even work in teams. communicate and create a beautiful connections with the people working there and also to the customers visiting the cafe.
absolutely horrible staff and managers
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Greensborough VIC7 November 2018
big gossip culture, have worked for over a year but no appreciation for work. Limited shifts and horrible hours, people have also travelled long hours just to work for 1.5hrs i.e rostered. Managers cannot handle dual subordination at all and fight for positions all the time, favouritism is also a big factor. Absolutely hated working there, would never recommend.
learnt how to work in a fast paced environment
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW7 November 2018
Was a great place to work but due to what had happened that year i had to unfortunately leave and resign. The people were always so lovely toward crew and the customers. the never stopped smiling or caring no matter whether they had been there for 2 hours or 7 they never stopped caring.
Nice work placement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW6 November 2018
you are enabled to serve people if the employers tell you are up to it and they encourage you to pursue and continue to learn. I also got provided with free lunch so that is a bonus.
Pros
Free lunch
Positive work culture
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kippax Centre ACT15 October 2018
The best part of working with TCC was the management being very caring and understanding and pretty much like my family at work. A typical day would be so smooth with friendly colleagues and happy clients. I would look back to culture like that.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too busy during public holidays
productive and helpful enviorment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD3 October 2018
the coffee club was a great work experience where I learnt new things and gaining more responsibility. The environment was great and the staff was welcoming
Pros
Half price
job
Casual Waitress and Kitchenhand (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD1 October 2018
Love my workplace due to lovely and amazing team to work with.at the moment. Very stressful at times when we are short of staff it put on more pressure on our team. And we get no breaks at all.

We get no holidays and sick pay. Due to we are all hired as casuals.

I love my floor manager is she is very supportive and lovely person to work with.
Pros
50 per cent off meals, amazing staff members
Cons
not enough staff on floor, no holiday or sick pay at all
fun workplace with great environment
BOH chef (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC17 September 2018
the coffee club was a great place to work with a great and friendly environment. Learnt how to make different recipes and coffees, working as a is really fun and i had a great time cooking because who doesnt love food?
fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  nt, australia8 September 2018
All staff willing to help each other out. great teamwork in all departments. I loved going into work everyday and will remember the experience forever.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
short break
Poor working environment
waitress and barista (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 September 2018
After 4 years of working at the coffee club in Whitfords I left and realised how mistreated we were. The pay was poor, low hours and workplace bullying rife. There was no opportunity for advancement or growth and management didn't communicate both with staff or with each other. I will never recommend it to anyone as a workplace.
Pros
1 free coffee per shift
Not a bad place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA2 September 2018
The coffee club was a great first job got me into the working industry at the appropriate young age. Work environment is hit and miss dependent on who you are. They do require a certain look for their FOH staff but are good training providers for their job roles and give exceptional customer service. They can be good when it comes to work and life commitments however it does depend on who your manager is. Kitchen staff can be rude but other wise this isnt a bad first job.
Pros
Knock off early if not busy (sometimes) and good staff base
Cons
Poor management and salary.
Great community
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamunda WA30 August 2018
Coffee club offers great diversity, I worked as a kitchen hand, a waitress, a barista and a manager, I was given full training for every aspect of the company and my training was continuously updated.
Fun worplace to interact with customers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eaton WA30 August 2018
Management work the roster to ensure everyone enjoys a balanced work social life, they are very approachable. Lots of training given. Set up café and serve customers both food and coffee. lots of regulars
Productive and a fun work environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD23 August 2018
I have been work at this establishment for ages now and I really appreciate every opportunity I get. The work environment is great and I always feel as though I belong and are welcomed.
Productive and fast paced environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Redcliffe QLD19 August 2018
Hospitality has always been on the go work force. Split shifts are excruciating, but I found with The Coffee Club, it has a bustling and vibrant atmosphere with friendly staff.
Friendly workplace
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA11 August 2018
The most enjoyable thing about working at The Coffee Club was working with a team of lovely people that I could easily get along with and learning new things in the field of hospitality.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Can get fast paced
coffee
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD11 August 2018
worked as a waitress, emjoyed it and the people i worked with. busy on weekends and would have a line out the door waiting to be seated. sort of busy on week days
Productive workplace, great team, fun invironment.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT8 August 2018
From this job i have learned so much, making coffee was a priority, After learning how to make a rippa coffee, i moved on to getting to know how the work environment goes, eg. cleaning tables constantly, making sure customers are happy and ensuring that the coffee is perfect.

Culture was amazing, loved every minute of work.

Manager was incredible, super understanding and always up for a chat.
Pros
discounts
Cons
only get discounts when working
Fast Paced
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD7 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time there I learned a lot about time management and how to give excellent customer service. The team I worked for were really nice and taught me a lot of what I use in my current job.
Pros
Discount on good quality food!