The Coffee Club Pay & Benefits reviews

Developmental and a place for improving work experience
Supervisor/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD24 March 2019
The Coffee Club helped me improve my skills and upgraded my role to a Duty Manager as they saw my excellent foundation skills and knew I was eager to train for more complex scenarios: Stock, Supervising, Barista, Bartender, all FOH services.
Pros
Good amount of hours and shifts.
Cons
Not great Benefits
Great atmosphere
Permanent part-time waiter & barista (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 February 2019
Worked there for three years and really loved the girls I worked with. I found my manager to be very good. There is a good discount on food and often I would get a free coffee every shift.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
customers
it is a busy working place which require staff to be versatile at work.
Food and beverage attendant (Current Employee) –  Northern Territory9 January 2019
I am working for a franchise owned business the benefits are good and the rate also hit the standard rate for a worker. It is a bit challenging when new training that should be meet by everybody . as well as the culture and language that every individual possess but despite of differences it made the team more diverse with communicating with each other respecting the norms and culture is I think always part of working with a team.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no free meals nor discounts.
fun environment to work.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kalamunda WA23 November 2018
working here for a short period of time, taught me how to even work in teams. communicate and create a beautiful connections with the people working there and also to the customers visiting the cafe.
Nice work placement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW6 November 2018
you are enabled to serve people if the employers tell you are up to it and they encourage you to pursue and continue to learn. I also got provided with free lunch so that is a bonus.
Pros
Free lunch
job
Casual Waitress and Kitchenhand (Current Employee) –  North Lakes QLD1 October 2018
Love my workplace due to lovely and amazing team to work with.at the moment. Very stressful at times when we are short of staff it put on more pressure on our team. And we get no breaks at all.

We get no holidays and sick pay. Due to we are all hired as casuals.

I love my floor manager is she is very supportive and lovely person to work with.
Pros
50 per cent off meals, amazing staff members
Cons
not enough staff on floor, no holiday or sick pay at all
fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  nt, australia8 September 2018
All staff willing to help each other out. great teamwork in all departments. I loved going into work everyday and will remember the experience forever.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
short break
Not a bad place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA2 September 2018
The coffee club was a great first job got me into the working industry at the appropriate young age. Work environment is hit and miss dependent on who you are. They do require a certain look for their FOH staff but are good training providers for their job roles and give exceptional customer service. They can be good when it comes to work and life commitments however it does depend on who your manager is. Kitchen staff can be rude but other wise this isnt a bad first job.
Pros
Knock off early if not busy (sometimes) and good staff base
Cons
Poor management and salary.
Fast Paced
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD7 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time there I learned a lot about time management and how to give excellent customer service. The team I worked for were really nice and taught me a lot of what I use in my current job.
Pros
Discount on good quality food!
Good atmosphere, nice service
Customer- service assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 August 2018
Shift work with good teamwork. The Coffe club provides good management, people are friendly there. The hardest part of the job is the work under pressure in busy cafe time. Improving good communication skills and provide a nice service.
Pros
505 discount
Cons
6-7 hours
Loved working there, did not like the managers.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lismore NSW31 July 2018
• Typical day at work consisted of cleaning everything, doing dishes and serving drinks and food to customers.
• I learned how to balance a tray full of drinks and learned how to make some drinks.
• The management wasn’t that good. I did not like the managers. There was a lack of communication. Hard to communicate with the managers as they were from different countries. A very fast paced and pushed job, nothing was good enough, was not able to go higher and learn more in my position, constantly being criticised, no down time, no praise. I did not feel welcomed when I worked there at all. Lack of hours.
• Cultures of workers were mainly Australian, Indian and Asian.
• Hardest part of the job would have to be trying to get everything done when it was busy.
• Most enjoyable part of this job was to work with some of the nice workers, and serve the customers.
Pros
Discounted food/drinks
Cons
Managers
productive workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bacchus Marsh VIC9 July 2018
Working at the Coffee Club was a good first job, taught me basic hospitality skills and everyone in the first place was friendly and made work comfortable.
Pros
friendly staff, half price lunches
Good Workplace
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD25 June 2018
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed working at the coffee club. There were some workplace issues but they were sorted out immediately and I ended up enjoying the rest of my time there.
Pros
Staff discount for lunch ( 50% )
Cons
A fine place to work, busy but not unbearable
FOOD AND BEVERAGE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 May 2018
The Coffee Club Stocklands and Domain were both VERY busy cafes, but the management were always on top of it, and helped staff manage the demand without too much stress.
Paid well enough, and it was flexible, i had a lot of free time.
Pros
good pay, nice owners, good management
Cons
can be stressful if you're not used to busy cafes
good enviroment
Cafe All Rounder (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 May 2018
a good place for student to work with. however the salary is not as attracting. tired but fun working environment. u can know a lots of great people with working here.
Loved working here
SAFF MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Morayfield QLD20 March 2018
this is a truly grate place to work you'll get along with everyone they know have to have fun and are like a family but the pay wasn't so good or at least for me
well enjoyed
Kitchen Hand, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Stones Corner QLD28 February 2018
i enjoyed working at the coffee club everyone was very easy to work with. i dont have a bad word to say but it was a long time ago i cant remember in detail how it all was i was only casual as i was working other jobs at the time
good
Chef/Barista/Waiter/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cook SA21 February 2018
high volume of coffee to be serve every hour
very good coffee and consistency all coffee had made
friendly environment to work and diversity.
.........
Very unorganised worklife
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD19 February 2018
Expected to always over shifts.
Limited hours, if you work a long week, the next week your hours will be cut so instead of making some extra money for your hard working week, you'll need that to cover you for your lost hours.
Always dramas will young staff, not wanting to work but instead socialize.
Expected to work every holiday, weekend, and often turn up to work with them not even needing you to fulfill the shift.
A tiny small kitchen, expected to get meals out in little time.
Alot of customers complaining and abusing you, when you really are trying your best.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Always having to be social and bright when you dont in anyway feel it every single day.
friendly working enviroment
Waitress, barista, cashier (Former Employee) –  Ryde NSW19 February 2018
it was a very friendly and flexible working environment. all the staffs worked together as a team, helping each other. work hours were flexible and negotiable.