The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

open progressive company fast paced with fashion and decision making open and approachable management teams strong head office and dc support with a fun and supportive team culture
Pros
great discount for friends and family
Best place I recommend working in because your working with the nicest people and the culture in that shop is just amazing and because I’m only casual Rn the pay is actually amazing
Pros
Casual pay is amazing, the people are great to work with and the manager is just absolutely amazing
Cons
Non
I worked there for a Christmas period, and we had a manager for two days before she left and we were left understaffed and under-trained. Because of this I was given a very high paced environment and not many opportunities to learn things like register and store procedures. However, I did focus on customer service and did my absolute best to continue to provide quality service for our customers and keeping the store looking at the correct standard.
Great people. However the managers are horrible at remembering shift changes and letting you know what they've changed. Had issues with my pay nearly every paycheck. But I would recommend it. They never keep Christmas Casuals though.
The atmosphere is usually relaxed and all the people are genuinely friendly and fun to work with and I enjoy working there. Management are also very nice and understanding and are great at their jobs.
Terrible company to be employed under. Management dont treat you human,just a number. Promises not adhered to. Staff try to stay positive but it's difficult.
I enjoyed working here, the people I worked with were all wonderful and it was a lovely place to work. It was a nice relaxed feel that made you feel comfortable to work in and you wanted to strive in.
I thought it would be fun and relaxed. Instead I felt pressured to sell products and push people into buying things which I don’t like happening to me let alone trying to do it to someone else. A manager came up to me on my first day and told me “we need to make $2000 in 15 minutes” what a joke. I was having nightmares about ways in which I can sell products. Also, I was not advised of my work schedule/hours. One day a manager called me, asked me to come into work, then 10 minutes later said , don’t worry we’ve found someone else. So rude. Never want to work for that company ever again
Every day is a different day in the COG Family. I would love to work there again once all the craziness of COVID 19 is over. The Values, Culture and Environment makes it a fun, Fast paced challenging place to be!
Pros - great discount across all brands Cons- upper management was a disaster to work with - they micromanage so much that theres no point having managers
The Cotton On Group has a strong sense of camaraderie with numerous services offered to support employee wellbeing. People are very approachable and management encourage and motivate employee learning and employment growth.
Pros
Employment incentives
I worked at COG for a handful of years. I enjoy customer service roles and fashion retail and I did enjoy this job for a good couple of years. It's ideally perfect for someone studying in my opinion due to hrs, flexibility and the discount. However, here are some basic facts: 1) The management was below average (and we'd had a few!) and would pit us against each other by choosing obvious favorites. Ego's would form and people would become bossy, etc. All for hrs. Our store was a VERY toxic workplace and I've heard the same from other stores. Myself and quite seriously everyone I worked with has stories of us going home in tear and often at work too. 2) It isn't fair. You don' get hrs based off your skills or availability, it's straight up favoritism. 3) The targets and KPI'S are usually very un-reachable and the pressure is REAL. I do feel bad for store managers here, the pressure does come from above them - but the way it was handled was always shocking. The day to day tasks though, are not tough. Greet customers, chat, fold, steam, hang, scan. 4) You will never get promoted, no matter what. Trust me. If one does, they stay in middle mgmt for years and drop out of uni. 5) The other casuals are amazing. I have made lifelong friends. I am so grateful for the job for bringing me that. 6) COG pay fairly and the discount is great. This is perfect if you need 10-15 hrs a week and have other things on your horizon and can take on or ignore the bitchiness. 7) There were weeks when I had 4 hrs and others had easily 30 for no reason other than favoritism. No joke. I reckon - more...
management of areas were not great to work for didn't commend you on the hard work you did, management of overall company was great. high intake of customer service and stock, can be fast paced around busy times of year. good first job in retail. lack of train was provided in my intense, but overall good to work for.
I have nothing to say about this as I worked there for a very short time. Great working environment Awesome management Not enough work Would work there again
Working at cotton on allows you t build strong bonds with the people you work with, however, casual stuff are taken advantage of, leaving me specially with barely any hours per week.
Cotton on is a great start to retail with many oppurtunities for positions within the company and other brands. They provide the fundamentals for a career in retail.
Fun place to work, nice people. Typical day stocking up shelves, tidying up and serving customers. Dealing with loud children was the hardest part but also very fun. Learned register and cash handling skills.
Worked for the cotton on group for about 1.5 years and absolutely love the company and the culture, we are treated with respect and treated as family.
Cotton On encourages personal growth for all employees both in and outside of the company. The environment in store is friendly, collaborative and fun. Team members are encouraged to support each other and work as a team to provide the customer with the best experience possible.
Was only there for a few months as a casual so I did not learn to much. I learnt how to clean, tend to customers via phone and in person. They were lovely people.
i learnt skills and strengthened current ones but it isn't a long term role and isn't much career progression. The management needs improvement as well