The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Productive wokr place
RETAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW13 February 2019
Cotton on was a fun and enjoyable place to work, it feels as though you are part of a famiky with yout team members. Cotton on is an amazing business!!
BEST discount- very snobby environment!
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Epping10 February 2019
Very good for training and opening up to other retail brands.

Hardest part of the job was the addition of WAPS and maintaining the ratios- does it really matter all that much?
Pros
50% discount on all brands for friends and family with no restriction, 75% off at supre for supre workers (specific times of the year), strong management teams at mega stores
Cons
Long hours, very b*&chy environment, bad management in small stores, little hours in mega stores
Fun and Energetic
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Cronulla NSW10 February 2019
Working for Cotton on was always fun and everyday brought smiles and laughter.
The staff were always happy and energetic and the customers loved the atmosphere.
The hardest part of working there was constant changes in the store but the most enjoyable part was support from staff.
Pros
Lunch break beside the beach
Cons
Long hours and constant calls after hours
friendly workplace ; unconventional management; not suited to me
retail sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2019
Currently working as a retail sales assistant at cotton on body in NARELLAN Town Centre. I have opened and closed this store several time on my own, this entailed counting and settling tills, banking money, recording KPI’s and daily store analytics. I have also been trained in great customer service, receiving and sending out stock, visual merchandising within the store as well as serving and outfitting customers. I am also very adamant on achieving store KPI’S and achieving our charity and foundation ratios.

I enjoy working for this company, the staff at my workplace are friendly and hardworking. the company's benefits are also very good.
however lack of shifts and managerial complications have left me searching for other employment
Pros
discount
great work environment
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange Grove NSW6 February 2019
Mostly unpacking and tidying up the store but really enjoyed it as I had great co workers and an amazing work environment. A fun place to work at and was always enthusiastic about every shift.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
unpacking of boxes
It was enjoyable working there and it gave me lots of experience
Casual Christmas Employee (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW26 January 2019
The interview was fun and easy and once I got there it wasn't too nerve-wrecking. The job itself was pretty enjoyable and working in the different parts of the store was pretty easy to grasp. I was only a Christmas Casual though and my only issue was that I felt that they didn't give me extensive training and I feel that is the reason why I wasn't asked to stay on as a casual. Overall, I enjoyed the experience, I just think more training would have been very helpful.
Pros
staff benefits (50% off all their stores), good experience, good hours
Cons
No extensive training
Productivity and Team members
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA24 January 2019
Life working at Factorie is great, my team members are amazing people both during and outside of work, very friendly and supporting!
The working environment is fun as well as productive. We all learn alot and at the same time enjoy working together as a team
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Pretty fun but hours were a bit eh
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Lakes QLD23 January 2019
Working as Christmas casual I was promised hours before and after xmas but from being employed from October to January I only received 2 pay checks and only around 30 hours work for my whole contract. It was fun but when it boils down you need money to live not fun
Pros
Fun workplace good management discount
Cons
Limited hours
Ageist with minimal hours
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 January 2019
If you're over 30 don't even think of applying with the group because if you do get in you will be given minimal hours. You can't move up in the store, you have to zig zag up the company to get ahead which is hard as it's targeted to the under 25's. Very popularity based, if you're popular or good with management you'll get more hours, if you're not, you won't. To get ahead, make sure you party with management.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Minimal hours, if you're over 30 don't apply
Poor management
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 January 2019
Casual employment had some great benefits such as a generous staff discount.
The culture felt very disingenuous across management.
Found management inappropriate and unsupportive. Store manager was quite inaccessible and the area manager was even worse. Training was minimal.
Pros
fantastic staff discount
Cons
unprofessional managers
Fun workplace
Care taking Manager Liverpool Store (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 January 2019
A great place to work as a casual assistant and ideal for someone who wants to start their career in Retail Management.
Working with mostly young and similar minded casuals, any day is an enjoyable day.
Having a strong workplace culture, Cotton On believes that each employee is a member of the Cotton On family and the strong family bond among all managers and casuals is something very unique to the cotton on group.
Most enjoyable part : Customer Interaction
Hardest part : Being an acting team leader in the store
Bad Management
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW15 January 2019
Christmas Casuals only hired for cover shifts. Most Christmas casuals were rostered on for one day a week, max 5 hrs. Was told that we would get busier. Manager gave not much notice and hardly responded to messages.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
No hours
Amazing jobs with awesome staff
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD8 January 2019
From the get-go I was welcomed into the family, only employed as a christmas causal i was thrown in straight way but not without the appropriate training from the manager. Although comps and KPIs were sometimes challenging it pushed me to succeed.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Less breaks
I grew up in Cotton On
2IC / Inventory Manager & Senior Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 January 2019
I was young when I started as a Casual at CO - but have worked at 5 different locations over 8 years.

I have worked hard and this has opened doors for me to grow in maturity, work ethic, co worker/management relations and I know I am one of those employees that keep the wheel turning instore.

You can experience every motion every day - from fun to " had enough" But its all part of the learning
Pros
Can make some good friends
Cons
Work Life Balance is unrealistic at times
Fun, supportive, and foster's career progression.
CASUAL RETAIL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 January 2019
Great to work for. I've seen a lot of posts knocking the company but if you work hard and are motivated its a great workplace. You get out what you put in!
Pros
Great employee discounts. Great culture. Great training.
Cons
Like all retail stores, sparse opportunity for full-time. Bit of a wait on positions.
Fun place to work at + good benefits
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 December 2018
Cotton on Group is a fun place to work at and everyone is welcoming. There is a strong sense of team environment in the workplace, however shifts were always cancelled last minute due to being a casual. Benefiits are good 50% of all cotton on brands.
Overall a fun work environment with to many expectations
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New South Wales15 December 2018
you learn alot here and its very fast paced, each day is different and if you have the right area manager you will do great. The customers make your day, if you play with their kids they will be so grateful for it
Pros
great staff discounts, connections with customers, the staff and team
Cons
to many unrealistic goals, they take a "reactive" approach but at times just seems unorganized and chaotic
A really healthy and comfortable environment to be in!
Orion Springfield Lakes - Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, Act, AU11 December 2018
Always interacted with great people and great staff, Workload was never too crazy and tasks were simple and easy to complete. The interview was also really fun.
Pros
Discounts on brands
Cons
Not many hours
NO shifts
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  brisk11 December 2018
Worked as a Christmas casual and for three months worked four times, all three hour shifts. Staff was very friends but did not care about Christmas casuals, whom were all young and wanted to get a start in the workforce.
It is Ok
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 December 2018
Unless you are a manager, you may only get 6-10 hours a week. No job security, nor annual or sick leave.

Depending on what store you work at, it can be really boring and get low customers. You could work a 5hr shift and get no 10min break.

Expected to buy your own clothes to wear to work (Work suited clothes).

Some managers play favorites with staff, so don't expect many hours if you need more than 10 you may not get it.
Pros
discount
Cons
low hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.