The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,523 reviews

Fun and relaxed placed to work at

Started as a Christmas casual and although it was busy it was still a fun relaxed placed to work with good pay on public holidays. Shifts were short though and not enough hours.

Ótima empresa

Empresa multinacional com cultura muito boa, remuneração compatível com mercado e ambiente de trabalho bom.

Pros

Cultura

Cons

Poderia ter mais benefícios

The Cotton On Group insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun but not paid enough

I loved working here for 2 years Friendly and fun environment to work. But sometimes management is not up to standard, stores having technical issues, short staffed, OT with no pay. And pay is actually low But overall it’s such a nice place to work

Pros

50% off over any item

Cons

Low pay

Unfair, boring, a total mess

I worked at cotton on for about 5 years. Management is constantly turned over internally for some reason for minimal pay rises, How many shifts you get depends on whether you can gossip with the managers and not about work ethic. Treatment is poor and they will crack on you for not coming in 15 minutes early even though they dont pay you. Mind numbing work. TOO MANY KPI ON THE COUNTER. Customers will hate you for it tbh.

Pros

Discount, other staff

Cons

terrible shifting, changeover in management.

Company does not stay true to their values

Company does not stay true to their values. In store teams aren’t appreciated for their hard work. Regional managers pick at small issues and do not value hard working individuals. Extremely hard to get promoted once you are store manager. Always overworked.

Pros

Pay, healthcare

Cons

Hours, unappreciated, poor upper management

Good place to meet lifelong friends!

Overall good place to work, meet heaps of new people, good hours. One bad thing is management. They would agree to something (time/leave off) and would change it and be angry at you as you didn’t show up but had this leave planned months in advance!

Pros

50% off

Fun

Fun and get to know alot of people. Made great friends with colleagues. Depends on the outlet to get a good management. So far, it is okay. Downside is that, have to deal with rude and entitled customers which is normal in this retail industries.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Had to deal with problematic customers

Fun & flexible work environtment

Its a nice journey for me to start as an Area Manager here, i went thru the hardest part at beginning , toughness, challenging..but its all experience to make me better and being resilient.

Pros

Lots of competition & fun activity-reward n recognition

Cons

Manpower vs workloads not balance

Great benefits but a lot of pressure to hit sales targets

Overall I enjoyed working here and the pay is amazing and 50% discount is so generous. I also liked the focus on raising money for charity. However, the management did seem to be pushy about add on sales. There was a policy where you had to ask each customer 3 questions and most of these were just trying to get them to buy random stuff at the till. Customers would often get annoyed about this which was very awkward. They had a board in the back with everyone's KPIs on and it created a more competitive environment. I suspect that there was a lot of pressure on them from people higher up as they were all lovely people.

Pros

50% Discount

Cons

Strict on KPIs

What is the best part of working at the company?I like the work and the down-to-earth experience.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I only get informed about my schedule days before and don't receive updates or notifications. There is a lack of communication.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture was pretty nice. I did enjoy working with people who are more easygoing.

Fun workplace

This was a fun and productive job to work at. It's definitely a good company to work for when you're a teenager. Great discounts and fun holiday gatherings.

Amazing People, Fun Environment,

Everyone there is so nice, helpful and just amazing. The work environment was perfect, it was very chill, and you learn things very fast. You get longer breaks then I've had at other places (15 minutes after four hours, instead of ten), and you can choose when you take them, and if you want to take them altogether or separately ( eg. two 30 minutes or a 1 hour break). You also get a 50% staff discount which is quite generous.

Pros

long breaks, great people

Cons

business can be slow

Stress

Low level associates are forced to work the most. Most people who work here end up leaving due to the work load from managers. They pay a bit more than other retail but don’t let that incentivize you

fun workplace

the working hours are short but have to start work very early in the morning. not much of a place for me to gain much experience as the period are short working there.

Decent summer job for school finishers

0 interview, 0 experience needed base rate $22 an hour with casual loading and double rates on Sunday with full time hours over the summer period however what the ad doesn't mention is hours will be reduced to 0 beginning of Jan, management clearly doesn't care about staff as in 2 months they'll never see you again and it's probably the most mind numbing work possible.Great for someone who's just finished school and wants to grind out a few thousand dollars before uni or a holiday almost everyone else will be the same age as you so it's a good way to make friends too

Pros

Decent money, good coworkers, great staff discount

Cons

Exhausting, mind numbing days, awful managers, treated like cattle

Nice working place.

I can say it is happy to work inside, if the guaranteed working hours can be longer, it will be better because we can earn more, and make me more secure.

Hideous vibes, stressed and worn out staff

Harrased by customers, SA'd there, management never lasted, bullying, gossip, extreme pressure from head office for already worn out management for kpi's

Pros

Discount, Other casuals are great

Cons

No continuity in shifts, pays not amazing, overstimulating, s assault and bullying reports ignored, management cant last past 6 months, no career opportunities if you dont suck up

Most toxic environment ever

After my store manager and area manager had been pushing me to quit for months, I finally handed in my two weeks. I was then taken off all shifts for those next two weeks being left with no way to pay bills. I have never worked for a corporation more devoid of empathy and understanding on my life. I would urge you never to work here. I was treated with more respect at my fast food jobs as a teenager.

Pros

The 50% discount. That’s it.

Cons

Management, hours being cut, bullying, long shifts working completely alone.

alright

bad pay but nice coworkers. managers dont care about you whatsoever and the job can be quite boring at times. not really much to say about this job other than it is alright.

Productive and fun work-place. No job-security for Christmas Casuals

The job over-all was straightforward and (at times) fun. The interview process was a group interview, everyone introduced themselves and then we learnt about the companies values. I got hired in a Christmas Casual position. Everybody was very nice, especially management. However the culture is very social, a key aspect in keeping the job is keeping up with friendships internally and (at times) this also meant drama. Shifts started with a small meeting with the manager and other staff starting the same time as you. The manager would break down the targets for the day and you would be assigned your section. This was all very straight forward. Probably took everyone a week to get a smooth handle on all the roles. Very independent tasks, however being helpful is important. Hours were great, too. Typically worked 3-4 8 hour shifts a week over the Christmas period (November-January). No job security, especially if you don’t fit into the social culture of the job. Once February came around, lots of us were left with no work, or just (maybe) 1-2 shifts a week.

Pros

Relaxed environment, fast-paced but manageable, independent work, good hours, decent casual rates

Cons

No job security

Fun place to work

Good work environment, great coworkers. Hours and schedule, like any other retail job is difficult. Management is sometimes a little absent and too many VM changes last minute.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Work Life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Cotton On Group with

• The Cotton On Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?