The Cotton On Group

Sydney NSW57 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 57 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,523 reviews

Good first retail job

It was my first retail job and it was a great experience getting to know the industry however, depending on where your store is it can be pretty boring and slow. especially on weekdays. also shifts are pretty short ranging from 3-5hrs most of the time and managers will roster you on the closing shift alone without any support.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. Great team and awesome 50% benefits. Opportunity to go into VM, transfer to other stores and liaise with head office team. Overall enjoyable and easy- going workplace with great people.

Pros

Long breaks and great benefits

Cons

Pressure on workload

The Cotton On Group insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Decent

great work life and culture. Learned easily as the job went on. rush hours were sometimes difficult. Management was good too, flexible hours able to work at different stores.

Pros

good atmosphere

Cons

angry customers

Good Retail Job

Pays well, work life balance, uniform deals, management was good, made lifelong friends, there is long hours and stressful when by yourself. learnt key customer service skills

Coming from the UK, this company was one of the best retail companies I have worked for by far. My experience working for COG was very possitive.

Great company to work for, lots of oppertunities once foot is through the door. Management very friendly and down to earth, honest and transparent. Would work for the company again 100%, lots of employee perks and flexibility.

Fun workplace

Everyone was really nice and overall culture was great. The discount is fantastic. As a Christmas casual there is no guarantee that you will be kept on.

Pros

Great discount

cool

cool and nice fun place to work at very nice and cool and chill very chill vibes and you get an incredible discount there so yeah also very good wages and all that

Great starting job

Great first job. Great discounts to employees with a great vibe during Christmas. Plenty of opportunities to work at alternative stores and make some decent money

overall good workplace

I worked as a christmas casual but didn't get many hours (about 8 hours per week). The training was good, I was given 3 training shifts along with an online learning platform. It was fast-paced yet you quickly get the hang of it after a few shifts. It was a good experience for a first job.

Pros

50% discount

Fun place to work

Not consistent with shifts but still a really fun place to work. Recommend for people who don’t have retail experience. Co workers are super nice and friendly and very supportive and understanding work culture.

Love everything about the job with the cotton on group

Amazing and fun experience, I love every second of working for the cotton on group and the work environment is so welcoming and supportive! Everyone works so well together.

Best company I've ever worked for

Hands down Cotton On Kids is the best job I've ever had. The Cotton On Group are an amazing company that honestly cares about their team, the customers and the wider community.

Pros

Staff discount

Not enough hours

Casual employment with a good hourly wage and staff discount. However, not enough hours were available for shift allocation. 3 hour shifts is the norm, with too many staff members to allocate shifts too. I am confused as to why they were hiring when there were more workers available to work then there were more shifts to be allocated. Staff and management were nice and easy to talk to. However, I made my decision to leave as even for a casual worker I cannot solely survive on 1-2 3 hour shifts a week.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

not enough hours

Positive workplace culture

The Cotton On Group has a strong sense of camaraderie with numerous services offered to support employee wellbeing. People are very approachable and management encourage and motivate employee learning and employment growth.

Pros

Employment incentives

It was ok

Stressful having to meet benchmarks, every transaction you make with customers come with 5 questions. Frustrating having to ask every single question to every single customer who clearly looks annoyed but you have to. You make good friends though.

Pros

Colleagues, good uniform deals

Cons

Unpredictable hours, roster comes out less than a week before, ridiculous KPIs

not a great working environment

not a good experience I was paid unfairly and only had 2 3 hour shifts over 3 months. i really do not reccommend this job for anyone. not a good job noooo

Ideal Managements Start!

I started as a casual and worked my way up the ranks through hard work and dedication. Retail is not for everyone as you must constantly be on your feet and gain cuatomers by your natural ability to communicate and sell! Also, the hard work pays off as long as you communicate regularly with your team.

Great company core values !

Great company to work for. They really care about their people! Also so many options and tools for growth in the company. Business is run really well as a casual you can grab so many shifts across brands and stores and easy management schedules to full timers.

Pros

Half of the shift break is paid for .... uhm yes please !

Cons

Salary Reveiws

old skool to new skool

Having worked for Supré before the Cotton on takeover and after I was able to develop my skill set and appreciate all different aspects of retail. Where certain areas of the business were made more organised; Passion and culture was stripped of most employees and the main focus of the business became more stock orientated instead of customer service based.

Pros

lifelong friendships, discounts

Cons

managament

Average

I was with them for quite a while. Found that it was really difficult to communicate with managers and regionals without backlash. Everything was too personal.

friendly workplace ; unconventional management; not suited to me

Currently working as a retail sales assistant at cotton on body in NARELLAN Town Centre. I have opened and closed this store several time on my own, this entailed counting and settling tills, banking money, recording KPI’s and daily store analytics. I have also been trained in great customer service, receiving and sending out stock, visual merchandising within the store as well as serving and outfitting customers. I am also very adamant on achieving store KPI’S and achieving our charity and foundation ratios. I enjoy working for this company, the staff at my workplace are friendly and hardworking. the company's benefits are also very good. however lack of shifts and managerial complications have left me searching for other employment

Pros

discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Cotton On Group with