The Cotton On Group

Australia19 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,523 reviews

productive ans structured workplace

my day to day included picking and packing stock ready to send out to all stores, also with the general tidying and cleaning up after myself to ensure a well maintained work area.

Decent summer job for school finishers

0 interview, 0 experience needed base rate $22 an hour with casual loading and double rates on Sunday with full time hours over the summer period however what the ad doesn't mention is hours will be reduced to 0 beginning of Jan, management clearly doesn't care about staff as in 2 months they'll never see you again and it's probably the most mind numbing work possible.Great for someone who's just finished school and wants to grind out a few thousand dollars before uni or a holiday almost everyone else will be the same age as you so it's a good way to make friends too

Pros

Decent money, good coworkers, great staff discount

Cons

Exhausting, mind numbing days, awful managers, treated like cattle

The Cotton On Group insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager

Very busy yet exciting warehouse

Traffic management is very good, its just sometimes people doesnt care of their own risk. Even people do the right thing, some not because their too lazy to abide rules

Dont do it

Terrible company to be employed under. Management dont treat you human,just a number. Promises not adhered to. Staff try to stay positive but it's difficult.

There are lots of fun things to like table tennis basket ball have a recreation room.

It is a very good place to work. the managers are very informative. the coworkers are very helpful with everyone. Cotton On do have BUDDY system which is very helpful. Doing heavy things there is some one there to help you.

Learned how to pick through rf scanner for the first time and had great staff teaching me

I enjoyed working with the staff and making new friends, learning how products come from the warehouse and then distributed to the stores. An exciting process getting deliveries quickly done on time and the staff coordinating together to ensure a smooth distribution process.

The co-workers were fun and easy to work with

During my time at Cotton On DC I found the workers to be hard work, motivated people. They were also very easy to get on with. The training was exciting and I enjoyed it.

Pros

Free fruit, access to recreational activities during breaks

Cons

Working on my feet all day

Good welfare, Good security well-being

Nice Boss. Have free bread and stuff for toast. good friends.Have coffee tea milk sugar. Free fruits. Free water. Have table tennis and basketball. Have food truck come 2 day a week.

Pros

Free lunch and drink on special day

Cons

long hour good pay

Horrible place to work

Management are really bad. Very much about nepotisim and cronies being put on board to be 'given' a job. Attitude of line managers to the job , the workers and the customer is astonishingly poor. Where I worked my line manager had no experience, lack ability and did not want to listen to suggestions; but because he was a close friend of the overall warehouse manager got the job and of course kept it!! Real pity you can't give a negative star

Pros

you get paid

Cons

everything else in the DC

Has relaxation room

the workplace in general is a good place to work everyone department gets along with one another there is never too much of a work load put on person.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Cotton On Group?

productive

very dynamic work place, I loved the work colleagues i had as well as the work place itself. The Distribution Centre was a great place to work was not hard and had great benefits.

definetely a career progression place

i could progress my career through cotton on as the staff was friendly and learnt many things such as RF scanning boxing items packing items into sachets picking items from the warehouse etc.. I enjoyed a lot working in the warehouse.

family friendly

i love how flexible Cotton On Group is to families. very understanding of all family situations and try to work with everyone's situation

Pros

free lunches

Productive and fun work environment with great supportive co-workers.

Great systems training and incentives to meet/exceed pick rates, co-workers become family, loads of fun bonding activities (BBQs, nights out etc.) and understanding managers.

Cons

Early starts

fun, fast paced, had a workout/relaxing room.

Full on from the get go, always something new to learn, co-workers were awesome always down for a laugh, never a dull moment.

Pros

occasional free lunches for hard work

Cons

not enough hours

Fun and productive place to work with lovely people

Supervisors are nice and encouraging Pay is really good especially for students Work is mostly constant but you only know if you are working 8pm the night before there is no roster which can be very annoying if you are trying to study.

Hard working environment

Very physical workplace. Fast paced and very dusty. I learned how to work in a wear house, how to use an RF scanner and how to do stock take.

Pros

Good pay and good exercise

Cons

Long hours and too much of a strain on my back

Cotton On Warehouse

Clean place to work, well set out salaries. Although I'm looking for a full time job and they weren't offering me that.

Fun and great place to be working at

I enjoy working there i learnt new experiences there and enjoy working with the co-workers which was easy to get along with..

Pros

They provided bbq for lunch and pizza for dinner when we had a late night at the warehouse

Cons

Long and good hours and it was worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Cotton On Group with

• The Cotton On Group
  • Packer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?