The Cotton On Group

Australia23 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,523 reviews

Amazing support

Amazing support with upper management, and ability to transfer from other brands is a plus Discount Kpis have high benchmark but if your willing to put in the work there’s always recognition

Best company I've ever worked for

Hands down Cotton On Kids is the best job I've ever had. The Cotton On Group are an amazing company that honestly cares about their team, the customers and the wider community.

Pros

Staff discount

The Cotton On Group insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Fast paced but enjoyable

I enjoyed my experience at Cotton On Kids, but my regional was not very supportive and I felt that my team deserved more. She is not there anymore, so it is probably better. I was offered great opportunities and I loved my team, head office is a wonderful place and the perks were great. I worked incredibly hard for those perks, but it was a fun place with good product!

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Poor upper management, not enough hours for staff

3 years a casual in 2 stores, often hoping between stores to help out! This is what gave me more experience. Every time I had to go to a different store I learnt something new. Before I knew it I was ready for a management role! It was a great experience. Working with my team learning more and teaching what I knew to grow and create a great team! I had so much higher management support it was a great experience! I went back back to casual to expand my family.

Pros

Support so much support!

Cons

Breaking bad news to team members I built great relationships with

Red flags from start to finish

Pros - great discount across all brands Cons- upper management was a disaster to work with - they micromanage so much that theres no point having managers

High expectations, minimal support.

As a Store Manager, particularly in a regional area, you are given a heavy workload, and minimal support or assistance. Constantly having hours cut back from your rosters, and being allocated impossible deadlines means you can expect to do a lot of unpaid overtime. Also, the company uses faxes(?!) to communicate information, and there’s no consistency with shop fixtures or fit-outs, which can make following merchandise plans difficult.

Ideal Managements Start!

I started as a casual and worked my way up the ranks through hard work and dedication. Retail is not for everyone as you must constantly be on your feet and gain cuatomers by your natural ability to communicate and sell! Also, the hard work pays off as long as you communicate regularly with your team.

A good company with a great foundation

Large stock deliveries to process VM monthly without sufficient hours Very KPI focused Additional unpaid hours required by management to enable completion of tasks Fantastic products Very proud of the good the CO Foundation does Great staff discount across the CO Brands

Fun and Energetic

Working for Cotton on was always fun and everyday brought smiles and laughter. The staff were always happy and energetic and the customers loved the atmosphere. The hardest part of working there was constant changes in the store but the most enjoyable part was support from staff.

Pros

Lunch break beside the beach

Cons

Long hours and constant calls after hours

fun work place

working at this company is much like a family, the training and experience from working here I have been able to take on to my future employers and excel further from there.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

first in first served mentality to job progression.

Great company to work for

Great enviroment to work in, Great work life balance. Growing within the company isnt so difficult but they need to focus on the sales more then the operational side.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Upper managment

Cotton On dont give you room to move if they feel your not good enough your out

Working for the Cotton On Family is hard work for little pay,they also have so much paperwork that's got too be done daily,Also you are the only perso

Cons

no training, hard to get hold of management, large turn over on staff

Fun Upbeat

Was my first full-time job and I was trained very well from multiple managers and worked my way up to management I was with the company for 9 years and loved the job great atmosphere the latest fashion designs and great communication with area managers. I loved merchandising the shop I left the store because of moving to Noosa and was flattered when area manager tried to convince me not to leave.

vibrant work environment, the best customers i could wish for.

Durig my time at Cotton On I was lucky enough to work in various different stores therefore gaining a wide knowledge of products and bestsellers. This opportunity also gave me great insight on how to manage such a diverse variety of team members. each and every day would be new and totally different to the previous day. I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent with the Cotton On Group however it is now time for me to spread my wings and flourish in a new environment.

Pros

Great team work & family feel

Cons

Due to being a large organisation its easy to get lost amongst the thousands of employees

Great fun everyday

Loved the fun working environment. Always having a laugh. Management team always gave good advice. Never treated differently from any other employee.

A good place t learn and work

Cotton On Merrylands is a good workplace. I like to manage the team and achieve the targets of the store. Everyday I make the planner and do all the administrative work of the store.Doing the figures and all the percentages of the store is the focus.

Family oriented

Cotton On was there for me 100% during a very sad time in my life, which they tried to support me to every ounce of limits they had. I was very sad to leave working there was amazing.

Pros

Travel and upskilling

Cons

very long hours at times

it was a great comapany

it was a great place to work, great staff, was managed ok from upper managerment, kpi's were achiveable, and the stock was great

working with the very nice ladies

opening and closing store banking roster hiring staff staff were very nice keeping store tidy I learnt allaspect of running a store as I start as a casual

Pros

meeting some nice customers

Cons

loud music you could hardly hink sometimes

Hard working Staff with an upbeat positive attidue

I Managed the Store by myself for all but 3 hours each day. I enjoyed the customer interaction and building a good reputation amongst my customer. I was in charge of Opening and closing the store, reaching our daily goals in sales, and up sales etc. My store team where fun and positive and I enjoyed setting challenges for them and friendly competing against them to win.

Excellent & fun workplace.

I really enjoyed working for the Cotton On Kids store & the Cotton On Adults store. I enjoyed the face to face customer service & hands on management skills I learnt from attending the Managers Training Provided. I loved working with a fun group of team members everyday. Most enjoyable moment working with the Cotton On Group is having charity dress up days, where the staff would dress up to help raise money for the Cotton On Group Charity Fund.

Pros

Excellent workplace enviroment.

Cons

Shortage of staff for my store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Cotton On Group with

• The Cotton On Group
  • Store Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?