The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Cotton On Group Management reviews

Australia415 reviews
open progressive company fast paced with fashion and decision making open and approachable management teams strong head office and dc support with a fun and supportive team culture
Pros
great discount for friends and family
Great people. However the managers are horrible at remembering shift changes and letting you know what they've changed. Had issues with my pay nearly every paycheck. But I would recommend it. They never keep Christmas Casuals though.
The atmosphere is usually relaxed and all the people are genuinely friendly and fun to work with and I enjoy working there. Management are also very nice and understanding and are great at their jobs.
Terrible company to be employed under.
Management dont treat you human,just a number.
Promises not adhered to.

Staff try to stay positive but it's difficult.
Pros - great discount across all brands
Cons- upper management was a disaster to work with
- they micromanage so much that theres no point having managers
The Cotton On Group has a strong sense of camaraderie with numerous services offered to support employee wellbeing. People are very approachable and management encourage and motivate employee learning and employment growth.
Pros
Employment incentives
I worked at COG for a handful of years. I enjoy customer service roles and fashion retail and I did enjoy this job for a good couple of years. It's ideally perfect for someone studying in my opinion due to hrs, flexibility and the discount. However, here are some basic facts:
1) The management was below average (and we'd had a few!) and would pit us against each other by choosing obvious favorites. Ego's would form and people would become bossy, etc. All for hrs. Our store was a VERY toxic workplace and I've heard the same from other stores. Myself and quite seriously everyone I worked with has stories of us going home in tear and often at work too.
2) It isn't fair. You don' get hrs based off your skills or availability, it's straight up favoritism.

3) The targets and KPI'S are usually very un-reachable and the pressure is REAL. I do feel bad for store managers here, the pressure does come from above them - but the way it was handled was always shocking. The day to day tasks though, are not tough. Greet customers, chat, fold, steam, hang, scan.

4) You will never get promoted, no matter what. Trust me. If one does, they stay in middle mgmt for years and drop out of uni.

5) The other casuals are amazing. I have made lifelong friends. I am so grateful for the job for bringing me that.

6) COG pay fairly and the discount is great. This is perfect if you need 10-15 hrs a week and have other things on your horizon and can take on or ignore the bitchiness.

7) There were weeks when I had 4 hrs and others had easily 30 for no reason other than favoritism. No joke. I reckon
 - more...
management of areas were not great to work for didn't commend you on the hard work you did, management of overall company was great. high intake of customer service and stock, can be fast paced around busy times of year. good first job in retail. lack of train was provided in my intense, but overall good to work for.
I have nothing to say about this as I worked there for a very short time.
Great working environment

Awesome management
Not enough work
Would work there again
i learnt skills and strengthened current ones but it isn't a long term role and isn't much career progression. The management needs improvement as well
It was a very fast paced and competitive place to work but you still were able to learn a few skills for further jobs. The management was okay but sometimes the amount of stress didn't really feel like it was worth it, because of the pay rate.
I found the staff to be extremely rude and judgemental, as well as some of the management. They were all quite snobby and not willing to let you make mistakes and learn from them. Although the discount was fun while it lasted, I would never put myself through that torment again.
Staff were required to sell more in a day than what was realistically possible, head office would ring and abuse staff if they did not sell enough, even on slow days.
Management here is absolutely terrible and they give responsibilities to new casuals that are way above their pay grade.
They teach you a lot but often expect you to know certain things that aren't exactly your role.

Management have expectations that are way too high - and often there is no winning in any situation.
for a casual worker, the job was way too stressful with way too many unreasonable expectations from management. staff benefits were great and the pay was good.
I found my time at Cotton On extremely fun, fast paced, and very customer focused. I enjoyed working with the team and felt that every day enabled strong working relations with both my team mates, management and being able to always exceed customer service standards.
Cotton On has been on of the greatest jobs I've had. The environment, team and company are all fantastic. With the right support of management, you can really progress and learn more. They've been fantastic and understanding to issues both in store and in life. The workplace is fun and easy work. You're regularly attending to customers and really engaging with them so if you love that customer interaction this is the best place for you. They push you for KPIs but don't set unrealistic expectations. They love to help you learn more about the store, the products and customer service. The pay is pretty good and the discount is soooo nice. Only downside is that casual shifts come and go depending on how the store operates. You can have a tonne of hours on fortnight and the next have one or two shifts so think about your bills and lifestyle and budget accordingly. Highly recommended cotton on, I've never loved a work place so much before.
Its not the best company Ive worked for but the people make work fun and yes there is a good staff discount. At times working in a flagship store does tend to get overbearing because of the amount of workload and how unorganized it is.
I loved working at cotton on, but was ruined for me with politics and management not being upfront, very unprofessional.
I would recommend cotton on strictly as a summer job, but do not expect to build a friendship with management, as they will discard you for the many other workers they have.
- If you're a casual you wont get a lot of hours
- Management is unfriendly and unhelpful
- Fast work pace during holidays and weekends
- If you don't make sales you don't get shifts
Cotton On Group is a fun , busy place to work for . The staff and management were always friendly and helpful to work with . I highly recommend working for the cotton on group