The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Cotton On Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.3Pay & Benefits

Found 73 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,332 reviews

Pretty standard working environment in retail

A nice atmosphere in stores and with the teams, everyone is friendly and helpful. Although it could get gossipy and managment can play favourites but overall pretty good. The task expectations are beyond though and time frames unrealistic. Overtime was expected from management and full time positions rarely opened up (in WA) so not many chances for progression. They make the day to day fun and put a big emphasis on having fun on the job. Company is very "reactive" and seems alot more disorganised since covid happened, wihch made it frustrating in such an unsure time.

Pros

Long lunch breaks, good discounts and good people!

Cons

Expectations of management and take advantage of good workers

Not my ideal work place

It was a very fast paced and competitive place to work but you still were able to learn a few skills for further jobs. The management was okay but sometimes the amount of stress didn't really feel like it was worth it, because of the pay rate.

intense management

for a casual worker, the job was way too stressful with way too many unreasonable expectations from management. staff benefits were great and the pay was good.

Productive and fun workplace

I really enjoyed working at the Cotton On Group, it was an easy but rewarding job. I was on the registers a lot, scanning and bagging items and then other times just fixing things up on the shop floor. The only thing that some people might find annoying is you have to ask 3 things to customers at the counter: 1. if they want a WAP (with any purchase) item for $5, and if they say no, you have to explain features/benefits and try and convince them to buy one 2. if they are a member of cotton on perks and if not, you need to try and sign them up 3. If they want to donate to the cotton on foundation by buying any of the charity items It's a lot to have to say especially when most customers just say 'no, no, no" and get really agitated when you try to sell them stuff they don't want. Not to mention there is pressure from managers to sell add-ons and a lot of competition between the stores. You do get used to it though. Another downside - I was employed as a Christmas Casual, and there were way too many other christmas casuals, meaning there wasn't a lot of shifts to go around. I was only rostered on for about 2 shifts the whole of December. Luckily, I was able to grab extra shifts and take on cover shifts to work more, otherwise it is disgusting how little work we actually get. I was devastated about not being kept on too, considering how hard i worked to achieve the KPIs and always saying yes to extra shifts. So just keep that in mind if you apply there for Christmas.

Fun Workplace

- Fun and supportive work environment- makes you want to go to work - Great job benefits - Has helped me learn to think fast and work more efficiently - Great little family environment

not a great working environment

not a good experience I was paid unfairly and only had 2 3 hour shifts over 3 months. i really do not reccommend this job for anyone. not a good job noooo

Good place to work as a casual

The employee benefits and the hourly rates for casuals are really good. The people I worked with were really supportive and helpful and I had a wonderful time.

Cotton On

Exciting and fun company to work for. Probably more stressful than it should be for the salary. Pros and cons of working for a privately owned company where the owner will often drop in

no good

very unfair work, no shifts, very low pay, boring music, there is not much variety in some stores. they don't give enough to pay our bills, i dont recommend

Great incentives

Working at cotton on has been great, they offer great work incentives and really care about their employees and want everyone to be the best they can be.

Pros

Free lunches

Jobs at The Cotton On Group

See more jobs

Good discount

Well I loved the discount I got at the store , ended up spending half my pay there tho... work staff were quite lovely and was a fair bit of work but had some days were busier then other , all around a pretty good work place.

Great Company to climb the ladder, but be careful of the ever-changing politics and direction!!

The fast-paced environment where they thrive on ever-changing principles. The only problem is sometimes they move to fast without thinking about the repercussions. Also, their leadership is forever changing with little to no warning, which causes constant spin from the top down. The corporate office is cool and they are always expanding. If this is your first corporate role go for it, you'll learn a lot and be across so much. My only advice is don't get comfortable.

Pros

Fas-tpaced, tons of different work, great pay, benefits, great people

Cons

The owner isn't the best leader, a lot of spin and longgggg hours!!

Great company motto

I chose to work with this company because of their great company motto and their charity work. I do believe the Cotton On Foundation provides some great services to people in need but unfortunately I think the work environment within the company could be worked on to be more positive for all members.

Pros

staff discounts

Cons

Salary

Great company core values !

Great company to work for. They really care about their people! Also so many options and tools for growth in the company. Business is run really well as a casual you can grab so many shifts across brands and stores and easy management schedules to full timers.

Pros

Half of the shift break is paid for .... uhm yes please !

Cons

Salary Reveiws

I enjoyed my time immensely with Typo.

Excellent management. Very flexible hours. Amazing discount and hourly rate was great. I worked with some unforgettable people. Would highly recommend working for the cotton on group.

Pros

Flexible hours. Generous discount.

Cons

Can’t think of any.

Fun workplace - lacks communication

Was told before I started my position was permanent then I became temporary for the Christmas peak. Whilst trying to figure out what was happening there was mixed communication amongst managers and eventually I was forgotten. I worked really hard whilst employed and received a lot of praise from managers, but this was quickly tainted by what I can only imagine was other staff feeling threatened and then reporting my work to be lacking. I know this review is a little negative but I did enjoy working there and would hope to do so in the future

Pros

Staff benefits

Cons

If your not in with the “it” crowd forget about advancing

Fun place to work with great discount

I started as a Christmas casual and ended up staying on as a permanent casual, the work itself is easy, once you learn how to use the computer, it’s serve customers, meet targets, keep the store clean and unpack stock really. With the bonus of good music to listen to while you work. Hours are a bit sporadic for casuals, I went from about 10 a week in the beginning to about 17 for almost a year then without warning back to 3. It makes it hard when you give your all to a job and then are unable to survive and pay bills but I guess that’s the nature of most casual jobs.

Pros

Great discount. Fun work vibe.

Cons

Sporadic hours. Company seems to cut shifts and over work others to save money.

friendly workplace ; unconventional management; not suited to me

Currently working as a retail sales assistant at cotton on body in NARELLAN Town Centre. I have opened and closed this store several time on my own, this entailed counting and settling tills, banking money, recording KPI’s and daily store analytics. I have also been trained in great customer service, receiving and sending out stock, visual merchandising within the store as well as serving and outfitting customers. I am also very adamant on achieving store KPI’S and achieving our charity and foundation ratios. I enjoy working for this company, the staff at my workplace are friendly and hardworking. the company's benefits are also very good. however lack of shifts and managerial complications have left me searching for other employment

Pros

discount

It was enjoyable working there and it gave me lots of experience

The interview was fun and easy and once I got there it wasn't too nerve-wrecking. The job itself was pretty enjoyable and working in the different parts of the store was pretty easy to grasp. I was only a Christmas Casual though and my only issue was that I felt that they didn't give me extensive training and I feel that is the reason why I wasn't asked to stay on as a casual. Overall, I enjoyed the experience, I just think more training would have been very helpful.

Pros

staff benefits (50% off all their stores), good experience, good hours

Cons

No extensive training

Pretty fun but hours were a bit eh

Working as Christmas casual I was promised hours before and after xmas but from being employed from October to January I only received 2 pay checks and only around 30 hours work for my whole contract. It was fun but when it boils down you need money to live not fun

Pros

Fun workplace good management discount

Cons

Limited hours

Ageist with minimal hours

If you're over 30 don't even think of applying with the group because if you do get in you will be given minimal hours. You can't move up in the store, you have to zig zag up the company to get ahead which is hard as it's targeted to the under 25's. Very popularity based, if you're popular or good with management you'll get more hours, if you're not, you won't. To get ahead, make sure you party with management.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Minimal hours, if you're over 30 don't apply

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Cotton On Group