The Cotton On Group
View all The Cotton On Group reviews

The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Review

Fun place to work

I worked at Cotton On for nearly 3 years. As a casual employee it was a very relaxed environment. There is quite a lot of pressure to achieve KPIs but other than that it's quite an easy job. Management could've been better as many of us felt they didn't understand what it was like to work on the shop floor at all different times, not just peak. I didn't experience much job advancement opportunities but many of my coworkers did, it just depends on how much the managers like you, not about your skills. 90% of my coworkers were lovely people and great to work with, a great sense of a team.

Same role

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. Great team and awesome 50% benefits. Opportunity to go into VM, transfer to other stores and liaise with head office team. Overall enjoyable and easy- going workplace with great people.

Pros

Long breaks and great benefits

Cons

Pressure on workload
Same role

Decent

great work life and culture. Learned easily as the job went on. rush hours were sometimes difficult. Management was good too, flexible hours able to work at different stores.

Pros

good atmosphere

Cons

angry customers
Same location

The best place to work at IF you have the right management.

I’ve been at Cotton on for 3 years and it has been the best job I’ve had retail wise, I’ve made amazing friendships, learnt new things to take me to a senior role if I’m wanting aswell but I had horrible management. It was all favortism, a completely toxic workplace and I was treated horribly, continuously picked on by my 2IC and not treated well at all by my manager, all the favorites got good hours and if I was lucky I got a 5 hour shift a week OR even Fortnight after Christmas peak while everyone was still getting full hour days or multiple 5 hour shifts a week. My managers continuously made me feel as if my work wasn’t good enough, I never got recognition for the good I did, yet all the new people and favorites were treated like absolute gold. Continuously got spoken badly about to other coworkers by my manager and 2IC to the point where I decided to leave because they made me hate my job, made me feel as though I had to walk on eggshells, continuously got anxiety before my shift and would continuously get nit picked on about anything they possibly could find to nit pick me for. It’s a good work environment IF you have the right managers that don’t play favorites, know how to properly manage, treat everyone fairly, give everyone a chance to grow, actually care about the well-being and life of their staff and not just if they’re able to work. I’ve worked at amazing Cotton on stores before where I never ran into this problem of being treated horribly and feeling like an outsider but there are some cotton ons that are like this, the good thing is you can always just transfer -

Pros

Friendships, learning how to progress in your role, discount.

Cons

Toxic management, favortism, treated horribly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Cotton On Group with