The Dash Group

18: The Dash Group Employee Reviews

2.4Work–Life Balance

Dash is a really good place to work with very flexible hours for most people. Wages are above what most other employees in Cornwall a pain currently. I worked down on the tufnells side of dash so days were long and deliveries were very heavy. A lot of long time employees still remain there, direct management are very friendly and always happy to help when possible.

Stressful and unorganised

I couldn’t stay with this company as they caused me so much stress and anxiety. They broke regulations, they manipulated me and would gaslight me. They put more on me than I could handle and threatened and blackmailed me when I couldn’t meet their expectations. I want warn everyone not to work for this company. The company is struggling as people are walking out on a daily basis and that’s why they are quick to hire someone.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Expect too much from you

Appalling

Absolutely do not waste your time. One of the worst company’s to work.They do not care at all about the drivers you have been warned !You will get loaded with impossible workloads with no chance of a break. Then get pulled into HR for the slightest thing…..And to top it all they will find a reason to let you go before you get to 2 yearsAbsolutely abhorrent company

Perfect accept pay (For me personally)

Saltash Depot pretty perfect for myself. Mornings with other staff is fun and all good vibes. My route personally wasn’t too Hectic although it had its moments. Everything about it is pretty perfect. However, the pay (10.50 p/h) is pretty abysmal really. Hourly pay at that rate gives you no motivation to finish quicker. Faster you finish, less you make. Soo you got to do 10-11 hours a day to make ends meet for the month. Still, the people and culture is nice enough to almost make you forget. But when you get your payslip and look at your earnings after tax your heart breaks. Perfect company, bad pay

Great team in my department, the rest is clicked.

Our department was isolated from alot of things including Xmas get together. They are very click especially yhe HR department whom are not approachable at all. My department was great, encouraging and supportive in all areas from there direct management areas. Requested flexibility with hours after a relationship breakdown which was refused. People whom are not managers were being payed more than some managers without the responsibility or workload.

Pros

Great team and some handy discounts

Cons

Don't like flexible working around children

Was good to start with , but the cracks started to show quickly

Was good to start with , but the cracks started to show very quickly ( 2nd day to be exact ). Topped off by poor communication between the management

Pros

Fast pace Well maintained vehicles Very well presented company ( to lure you in )

Cons

Poor communication Notice received over the phone whilst out delivering for said company.

An honest assessment..

I worked there for over 2 years honestly for the most part the job is good,fast paced and exciting at times.BUT..The company do not reward hard work or service with contracts,in todays climate security is everything! Here you don't get it you get no set hours and 'can' be picked up and dropped at a minutes notice,to suit the needs of the business...It seems office staff are better than everyone else looking down over their desks upon all the delivery drivers and warehouse staff.Lower management are great !!!and are only doing what's passed down the line,biggest problem is no communication between departments which is hindering what could be an amazing working enviroment.But it being a logistics business you know what your signing up for..

Pros

Good co-workers 'Lower management' are great Fast Paced

Cons

Always feel watched No communication No Job Security

fun enerjectic

If you have a sense of humour you will fit in have a laugh and a joke but you've got still work hard to get credit appart from that wow great a place to work from me

Pros

your left alone to do your job if you know what your doing

Cons

hours do change but not a problem

Good Place To Work

I have been a multi drop driver now for 7 months with Dash Group and enjoy it managers are great . I read people moaning about hours and work life balance this is parcel delivery fast paced with long hours when busy. The Parcels Have To Be Delivered Sole Purpose Off Job. I have spoke to one off the owners very down to earth person easy to talk to.

Pros

Work Colleagues and Customers

Cons

Pay

Awful

HR are despicable. Meant to be for the people but only care about company income and penny pinching. Wages are deducted for anything and everything without any prior warning. Everyone argues all day. The work itself is very boring and days were spent just waiting for a phone call or an email to come in. They are not understanding of sickness at all; they attempt to force you to tell them about your private life by applying immense pressure. If you raise a concern with someone then you revive an email reply from someone completely different with half the company CC'd in. Confidentiality and privacy is not known at Dash. Wouldn't want my worst enemy to work there. Training was watching someone else on a computer for a week then left to get on with it. Also never get a lunch break although you have plenty of time for one.

Pros

Paid to do little work

Cons

No parking, argumentative management and no lunch breaks

Terrible management

I worked at the dash group from february until august. To start off with they are good as gold to you and make you feel welcome for the first few days and then you see a different side to them

Pros

The other drivers become your friends

Cons

Long hours poor management don’t get much of a life outside of work

Overall company ethos is poor

Company ethos towards staff is very poor. I the company’s view is staff are dispensable, wages are very poor for what is expected of staff. No incentive or reward is given for hard work or commitment. Drivers are expected to meet nearly impossible targets and work 60-70 hours a week, and will then let them go at the drop of a hat if the make errors because they are exhausted, or they will quite happily heavily deduct wages (the little they get) from damage to van caused by inevitable wear and tear driving along the nessesary country roads, or accidents caused because the drivers are so overworked and tired. Very little care and sympathy is given to staff, in the companies eyes profit is paramount, not people.

Pros

A select few lower management are fantastic (but their hands are tied by the higher powers)

Cons

Overall company ethos is not people centred.

HR needs to be look at

There ok, but when you sit behind a desk all day, you lose sigh of what each job roll involves. HR and Directors need to go and do a days work and see how the other half work

Pros

Your work colleague become your family.

Cons

HR manager not QUALIFIED...... And has no idea what employees job roles involve.

Absolutely loved my time with dash

From start to finish I was made welcome , sadly my contract/work finished quite quickly after only 2.5 weeks .. But I did love the job and found it quite interesting .. great crew to work👍

Pros

Weekly paid, abundance of overtime

Cons

You have to be physically fit as some of the addresses are quite challenging to get to

You have been warned!

I’ve had dealings with this company since 2006, and have worked for them, and sub contract. You will be shafted at every possible opportunity, you will fall foul of hidden rules, and your wages will take a direct hit at some point. Used to be regarded as a good employer years back. Scum company, run by scum.

Excellent place with loads of opportunities but...

Micro management. The directors need to know everything that you are doing every single minute of the day and will have a weekly meeting with you about it. Apart from that, it's a brilliant place to work, and they will look after you, and your co-worker are very approachable. The directors are friendly and very approachable as well, just be prepared to justify your existence every week. For an hour.

Pros

brilliant place to work, nice offices, friendly co-workers

Cons

meetings

Efficient and work oriented. I learned a lot about specific site skills. Also, helped me master communicating with labors and set daily tasks. The management is organized and well prepared.

Hard work but feel satisfied at the end of the day.

A typical day would involve working at the till or cleaning the shop floor or putting stock up on the shelves. I learned how to work as part of a team as well as taking the lead when the situation asked for it. This allowed me to develop my interpersonal and customer management skills. I was keen to get involved and was soon given the responsibility for opening and closing the shop. This included the cashing up of the tills and responsibilities of cash handling for next day banking. The manager is absolutely phenomenal, she will help you with training as well as answer any questions that you have about the job. She is hard working and will try to solve all problems almost immediately. The workplace culture was good, you get to know the people that you work with. You help them and they would help you. The hardest part of the job would be the day that we would receive deliveries. I would have to try and stock up the shelves and organise the delivery in the stock room as well as serve customers all at the same time. It can be overwhelming but as soon as you get used to it then it gets easier. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that after you have finished and afternoon and night shift, I would be really tired, but I would feel very satisfied that I have done a good day of hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dash Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Dash Group with