The Disability Trust
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Disability Trust Employee Reviews

the disability trust, is a good place to work if you like a face paced, and unique environment, no day is ever the same and you get the feeling of supporting someone.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the skill development. Witnessing the participants growth make this job worthwhile. While it is not an easy job, the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
Upon commencement as a casual disability support worker I was placed into work immediately, I never had a buddy to show me the ropes. I quickly learned that you have to be quick on your feet. I love the clients who I work with and that would be the most enjoyable part of my job. To see my clients faces light up when I arrive for me shift is heart warming to say the least. I love that my clients have trust and faith in me. The hardest part of my job is working with young disabled children. Its heart breaking, but I always put on my happy face and do what is needed to do.
Great place to work. You must help shift supervisors by keeping your availability up to date. Get to know the staff and your clients and communicate all your finding to your facilitator so we can better assist our clients needs.
I enjoy working at the disability trust… I feel that it is a company dedicated and improving the life of people. I believe they have a great team of staff and management. I would highly recommend the disability trust.
If your a casual DONT get sick. They will get rid of you n a heart beat. The client I had were absolutely beautiful but the poor management was a real let down. This experience has tainted The Disability DIStrust.
Pros
Clients
Cons
the disability trust is the best company for an individual seeking a flexible workplace. the roles range from permanent to casual and it runs in three-8 hour shifts so you get to chose one that best suits you.
Pros
best culture
Cons
working as a volunteer making coffee and serving lunch and dinner. I enjoyed prepairing food and serving people. being able to stop and have a chat and learn lots of things
Pros
learning about the job
Cons
leaving the job
Every day is a different day. Beautiful homes for the clients to stay in. Training is the best I have ever had. Only down fall a lot of lazy staff. Mangers are happy to help
THE BEST job I have ever had has been with The Disability Trust. Management have a great understanding of clients needs and offer proper training to support workers when needed. overall they not only take care of the clients but they also take awesome care of their workers too.
Pros
Awesome client base, great bosses and spectacular team
Cons
they always need workers
The IT team was very nice and welcoming to me , they also answered all the questions i had whilst working there. When I couldn't figure out what or how to do something they would give me a hand instead of just leaving me to suffer.
Pros
Great place to work and learn
Cons
Only worked there for 3 months
This job was one of the best jobs I've ever had in my adult working life. The management were helpful, the staff were brilliant and the clients we looked after day after day really made it easy to get out of bed whenever I needed to go to work.
Warming environment that was so welcoming and easy to transition into. Large amount of teamwork necessary and a very rewarding and educational experience
Work for casual staff is for group care and individual support. These are fun but I have seen new staff members not recieve any shadow hours with clients thats ok if you are expereinced, but not qualified and inexperienced staff have shifts with new clients with only a SAP sheet to show them what to do. It's not fair on the client or worker, DT is still wanting casual staff, which I don't understand as new casual staff are finding only a few shifts are available, Shifts that are handed out can be for only a hour or maybe a little more. The focus is on the clients not so good for staff support
Pros
Co-workers staff no a lot
Cons
Management and no shifts
Day shift started at 6 am. You do a change over with the afternoon/night shift person. Catch up on what happened the night before. Read the weeks reports if you haven't worked all week. Start organizing breakfast. Residents wake up, help the residents that need help to get their breakfast. Clean up after breakfast. Organize the residents that need showers and who just need to wash their faces and get dressed. Start to hurry those who need to go to jobs or day placements. Drive them to the places that they have to be. Come back to house to catch up on paperwork and any house work Organize lunch for those that are at home. Go and pick up the workers and day placement residents and return them home. Leave at 4 pm, when the afternoon/night shift staff come into work.
Pros
Social outings to the club and residents win meat trays.
Cons
Over qualified managers taking a disliking certain staff.
Typical day at work is looking after the clients and give them all the attention they needs , we do different activities during the day , we go for day trips to different events happening in the community . It gets busy sometimes but the team work is good , management is available when needs and very supportive . Hardest part of work is when you don't understand what the client needs when they are agitated or when they can not speak proper english. Enjoyable part of work is meeting new clients , learning a lot about them and knowing different backgrounds of people .
Cons
8 am to 5 pm not that bad
client personal care daily activity's clients personality and needs grow as they learn to trust and depend on u and help them become/retain or regain there independence. flexibility and long term goals matching high care staff with high care clients works working with low care staff clients independence and enjoyment and respect for looking after them for the long term
Pros
cooking for clients
Cons
good pay and smiles
Our work place is always changing one day it can be quite and the next it is crazy client behaviors medical needs ECT. But it also can be very rewarding watching the changes in the clients. Management overall is ok but we recently had a Middle management change and she doesn't involve the managers under her enough and use the knowledge they hold in regards to staff that work for the company. In all the crew I work with are great we communicate well together support each other when there has been issues on the floor,we have a great collective knowledge in disabilities. The hardest part of the job would be when we have a client that no matter what we try they are unable to secure a position in the center . The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the clients achieve there goals ,behavior issues are less,and everyone is interacting well together and having a good laugh with the clients.
Pros
self achievment
Cons
Lack of positive feed back