The Disability Trust
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Disability Trust Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

good workplace environment

the disability trust, is a good place to work if you like a face paced, and unique environment, no day is ever the same and you get the feeling of supporting someone.

Compassionate, dedicated staff

Like any work place there will always be a few who don't match up to expectations. However overall working for The Disability Trust has been the best disability support services in my 12 years experience to work for. They have/had by far some of the most compassionate, educated, experienced managers I have worked with. The dedication to families in need and drive to come up with ways to support them and problem solve ideas has taught me so much about what it means to work in this industry. Many of the support workers I also worked with a very dedicated and supportive to their clients and families. They have also had much more structure, upto date policy and continual improvements and training then any of the 5 other companies I have worked in.

Disability Support Work

The most enjoyable part of the job is the skill development. Witnessing the participants growth make this job worthwhile. While it is not an easy job, the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

Fast paced job, and very rewarding. I enjoy a challenage.

Upon commencement as a casual disability support worker I was placed into work immediately, I never had a buddy to show me the ropes. I quickly learned that you have to be quick on your feet. I love the clients who I work with and that would be the most enjoyable part of my job. To see my clients faces light up when I arrive for me shift is heart warming to say the least. I love that my clients have trust and faith in me. The hardest part of my job is working with young disabled children. Its heart breaking, but I always put on my happy face and do what is needed to do.

Shifts allocated to my needs

Great place to work. You must help shift supervisors by keeping your availability up to date. Get to know the staff and your clients and communicate all your finding to your facilitator so we can better assist our clients needs.

A great place to work

I enjoy working at the disability trust… I feel that it is a company dedicated and improving the life of people. I believe they have a great team of staff and management. I would highly recommend the disability trust.

Run

If your a casual DONT get sick. They will get rid of you n a heart beat. The client I had were absolutely beautiful but the poor management was a real let down. This experience has tainted The Disability DIStrust.

Pros

Clients

the disability trust family

the disability trust is the best company for an individual seeking a flexible workplace. the roles range from permanent to casual and it runs in three-8 hour shifts so you get to chose one that best suits you.

Pros

best culture

Cons

providing service with a smile

working as a volunteer making coffee and serving lunch and dinner. I enjoyed prepairing food and serving people. being able to stop and have a chat and learn lots of things

Pros

learning about the job

Cons

leaving the job

Not a bad place to work

Every day is a different day. Beautiful homes for the clients to stay in. Training is the best I have ever had. Only down fall a lot of lazy staff. Mangers are happy to help

productive workplace with a great client base and work culture

THE BEST job I have ever had has been with The Disability Trust. Management have a great understanding of clients needs and offer proper training to support workers when needed. overall they not only take care of the clients but they also take awesome care of their workers too.

Pros

Awesome client base, great bosses and spectacular team

Cons

they always need workers

Nice and Welcoming workplace

The IT team was very nice and welcoming to me , they also answered all the questions i had whilst working there. When I couldn't figure out what or how to do something they would give me a hand instead of just leaving me to suffer.

Pros

Great place to work and learn

Cons

Only worked there for 3 months

Working at Disability Trust

This job was one of the best jobs I've ever had in my adult working life. The management were helpful, the staff were brilliant and the clients we looked after day after day really made it easy to get out of bed whenever I needed to go to work.

Great experience

Warming environment that was so welcoming and easy to transition into. Large amount of teamwork necessary and a very rewarding and educational experience

Overstaffed and poor casual work

Work for casual staff is for group care and individual support. These are fun but I have seen new staff members not recieve any shadow hours with clients thats ok if you are expereinced, but not qualified and inexperienced staff have shifts with new clients with only a SAP sheet to show them what to do. It's not fair on the client or worker, DT is still wanting casual staff, which I don't understand as new casual staff are finding only a few shifts are available, Shifts that are handed out can be for only a hour or maybe a little more. The focus is on the clients not so good for staff support

Pros

Co-workers staff no a lot

Cons

Management and no shifts

Loved the work disliked the management.

Day shift started at 6 am. You do a change over with the afternoon/night shift person. Catch up on what happened the night before. Read the weeks reports if you haven't worked all week. Start organizing breakfast. Residents wake up, help the residents that need help to get their breakfast. Clean up after breakfast. Organize the residents that need showers and who just need to wash their faces and get dressed. Start to hurry those who need to go to jobs or day placements. Drive them to the places that they have to be. Come back to house to catch up on paperwork and any house work Organize lunch for those that are at home. Go and pick up the workers and day placement residents and return them home. Leave at 4 pm, when the afternoon/night shift staff come into work.

Pros

Social outings to the club and residents win meat trays.

Cons

Over qualified managers taking a disliking certain staff.

basketball , soccer, road trip

Typical day at work is looking after the clients and give them all the attention they needs , we do different activities during the day , we go for day trips to different events happening in the community . It gets busy sometimes but the team work is good , management is available when needs and very supportive . Hardest part of work is when you don't understand what the client needs when they are agitated or when they can not speak proper english. Enjoyable part of work is meeting new clients , learning a lot about them and knowing different backgrounds of people .

Cons

8 am to 5 pm not that bad

all ways different and challenging

client personal care daily activity's clients personality and needs grow as they learn to trust and depend on u and help them become/retain or regain there independence. flexibility and long term goals matching high care staff with high care clients works working with low care staff clients independence and enjoyment and respect for looking after them for the long term

Pros

cooking for clients

Cons

good pay and smiles

Busy ,At Times Challenging,Rewarding

Our work place is always changing one day it can be quite and the next it is crazy client behaviors medical needs ECT. But it also can be very rewarding watching the changes in the clients. Management overall is ok but we recently had a Middle management change and she doesn't involve the managers under her enough and use the knowledge they hold in regards to staff that work for the company. In all the crew I work with are great we communicate well together support each other when there has been issues on the floor,we have a great collective knowledge in disabilities. The hardest part of the job would be when we have a client that no matter what we try they are unable to secure a position in the center . The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the clients achieve there goals ,behavior issues are less,and everyone is interacting well together and having a good laugh with the clients.

Pros

self achievment

Cons

Lack of positive feed back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Disability Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Disability Trust