Play YouTube video button
The GEO Group Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The GEO Group Australia Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
nil,
Regardless how was the work place. Workplace is bad or good. Paid my bills and basic needs at the time. In life we are always learning regardless of work environment.
private enterprises should never run this type of facility
the review summary says it all. It is a dangerous workplace that is often understaffed and also many staff are underskilled and possess little to no life skills
A company that tries hard to look after its staff
Overall a good, well-intentioned company that tries hard to provide a good work environment for its staff. As with many large companies, there are problems with the HR department that can frustrate employees. However, my overall experience in my 11.5 years with the company was positive.
Not fun working at all.
Don't have any grades to divide pay according to the risk in the job.
Management is not supportive at all.

There is no team work or understanding in staff itself.
This job is great for people seeking flexible employment, works great for students or people with second jobs. Its fast paced and a fun workplace. This is also a great job for those seeking growth within the company. They offer many management training and opportunity
Great roster and Career progression
Great place if you enjoy many days off between shifts with quite good money for the time spent at work for the year. Very good career progression if it wanted.
Left within a year
Anyone who knows someone gets hired and promoted, it don't matter what you know sort of gig. There's the process or procedure. It's a mess. Got good people getting over worked and burned out real quick. Good job for single people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No life balance
inmates first, officers last
as long as you are ready to put chocolates onb the pillows of inmates and offer cuddles to maximum security inmates join GEO they are unprofessional and a joke
Pros
nothing
Cons
will stab you in the back at first chance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The GEO Group Australia?
Poor workplace for psychologists
Would not recommend if you are a psychologist looking for a supportive, rewarding and challenging job. Programs run are very basic. Most importantly though, if you feel unsafe or threatened by prisoners there is no support, instead your professional integrity is questioned. Overall if you want to feel safe and supported at work I would not recommend!
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Unsafe, poor management, inexperienced leaders
Privitisation
I didn't like working for this company as it is a private organisation American based and all they were interested in was saving money and skimping on important factors like the safety and security of the workers.
Pros
Cons
You are only a number
Challenging but rewarding working environment
NO 2 days are the same and working in the corrective environment is challenging and rewarding. In this setting you need to be on top of your profession as a nurse you are the person your client trusts and you are expected to know everything.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
12 Hour shifts
Very serious place to work.
I worked as a Prison Officer for 23 years and found GEO were not a company of which looked looked after there staff, they put the dollar before there staff welfare. I did a lot of courses in the time I was a Prison Officer to better myself for my position. Lot of this was done at my own expense. The hardest part was to not to retaliate at the Inmates. I found co-workers formed a close knit group and did not seek guidance from the Managers
Pros
Free lunch and Diner.
Cons
Long hours.
A learning experience
Interaction with staff, inmates and visiters.
I learned to be confident and assertive and how to support fellow work mates.

I was supported by fellow work mates and management to further my knowledge and career skills.

Generally very pleasant to work with.

The hardest part of the job was difficult situations regarding inmates.

The most enjoyable part of the job was social interaction and the support of fellow workers.
Pros
Life experience
Cons
Manipulation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The GEO Group Australia. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8