The GEO Group Australia

14: The GEO Group Australia Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

nil,

Regardless how was the work place. Workplace is bad or good. Paid my bills and basic needs at the time. In life we are always learning regardless of work environment.

Certain things to do

Depends on what kind of boss you have. The job itself is quite simple. But the culture there is different from other companies. But the safety procedure is well. And much free parking on site.

private enterprises should never run this type of facility

the review summary says it all. It is a dangerous workplace that is often understaffed and also many staff are underskilled and possess little to no life skills

A company that tries hard to look after its staff

Overall a good, well-intentioned company that tries hard to provide a good work environment for its staff. As with many large companies, there are problems with the HR department that can frustrate employees. However, my overall experience in my 11.5 years with the company was positive.

Not fun working at all.

Don't have any grades to divide pay according to the risk in the job. Management is not supportive at all. There is no team work or understanding in staff itself.

This job is great for people seeking flexible employment, works great for students or people with second jobs. Its fast paced and a fun workplace. This is also a great job for those seeking growth within the company. They offer many management training and opportunity

Great roster and Career progression

Great place if you enjoy many days off between shifts with quite good money for the time spent at work for the year. Very good career progression if it wanted.

Left within a year

Anyone who knows someone gets hired and promoted, it don't matter what you know sort of gig. There's the process or procedure. It's a mess. Got good people getting over worked and burned out real quick. Good job for single people.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No life balance

inmates first, officers last

as long as you are ready to put chocolates onb the pillows of inmates and offer cuddles to maximum security inmates join GEO they are unprofessional and a joke

Pros

nothing

Cons

will stab you in the back at first chance

Poor workplace for psychologists

Would not recommend if you are a psychologist looking for a supportive, rewarding and challenging job. Programs run are very basic. Most importantly though, if you feel unsafe or threatened by prisoners there is no support, instead your professional integrity is questioned. Overall if you want to feel safe and supported at work I would not recommend!

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Unsafe, poor management, inexperienced leaders

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The GEO Group Australia?

Privitisation

I didn't like working for this company as it is a private organisation American based and all they were interested in was saving money and skimping on important factors like the safety and security of the workers.

Pros

Cons

You are only a number

Challenging but rewarding working environment

NO 2 days are the same and working in the corrective environment is challenging and rewarding. In this setting you need to be on top of your profession as a nurse you are the person your client trusts and you are expected to know everything.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

12 Hour shifts

Very serious place to work.

I worked as a Prison Officer for 23 years and found GEO were not a company of which looked looked after there staff, they put the dollar before there staff welfare. I did a lot of courses in the time I was a Prison Officer to better myself for my position. Lot of this was done at my own expense. The hardest part was to not to retaliate at the Inmates. I found co-workers formed a close knit group and did not seek guidance from the Managers

Pros

Free lunch and Diner.

Cons

Long hours.

A learning experience

Interaction with staff, inmates and visiters. I learned to be confident and assertive and how to support fellow work mates. I was supported by fellow work mates and management to further my knowledge and career skills. Generally very pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was difficult situations regarding inmates. The most enjoyable part of the job was social interaction and the support of fellow workers.

Pros

Life experience

Cons

Manipulation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The GEO Group Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The GEO Group Australia with