The GEO Group Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The GEO Group Australia Work–Life Balance reviews

Australia13 reviews

Clear
2.8Work–Life Balance
3.1Pay & Benefits

Left within a year

Anyone who knows someone gets hired and promoted, it don't matter what you know sort of gig. There's the process or procedure. It's a mess. Got good people getting over worked and burned out real quick. Good job for single people.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No life balance

This job is great for people seeking flexible employment, works great for students or people with second jobs. Its fast paced and a fun workplace. This is also a great job for those seeking growth within the company. They offer many management training and opportunity

Great roster and Career progression

Great place if you enjoy many days off between shifts with quite good money for the time spent at work for the year. Very good career progression if it wanted.

Challenging but rewarding working environment

NO 2 days are the same and working in the corrective environment is challenging and rewarding. In this setting you need to be on top of your profession as a nurse you are the person your client trusts and you are expected to know everything.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

12 Hour shifts

Very serious place to work.

I worked as a Prison Officer for 23 years and found GEO were not a company of which looked looked after there staff, they put the dollar before there staff welfare. I did a lot of courses in the time I was a Prison Officer to better myself for my position. Lot of this was done at my own expense. The hardest part was to not to retaliate at the Inmates. I found co-workers formed a close knit group and did not seek guidance from the Managers

Pros

Free lunch and Diner.

Cons

Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The GEO Group Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The GEO Group Australia