The Good Guys Employee Reviews

bad management
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW18 December 2018
sometimes its good but mostly treated with disrespect and hard to make money commission structure unachievable lots and lots of working hours and abusive customers
Great people
Administration (Current Employee) –  Mandurah WA28 November 2018
Great people, not so great pay. Admin staff are way too overworked and the sales get all the credit. Easy enough job if you can handle busy roles with lots of pressure.
very friendly place to work
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marsden Park NSW12 November 2018
It is a very friendly place to work. First I had to check the inventory in stock. My duty is to sell laptops and other tech items to the customers and build long term relationship by providing offers and discounts
Productive and good support from managers.
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 September 2018
The day can get very busy very quickly, but when working as a team, problems are fixed easily and in a timely manner. The management support you if you need help, and are particularly focused on customer service.
Quiet, but sometimes fun and engaging workplace.
Techzone Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC30 August 2018
As a salesperson, customer interaction is a must. And for me, is the best part of the job. Helping customers to find their wanted items and informing them on all they need to know. It's honestly the best part of the job. I've learnt so much, mainly about my area in which I work in which is the Techzone, where you'll find the computers, phones, tablets and whatnot. I've also learnt the best forms of interaction between a customer and myself. Management there is lacking. Only two in particular of the three aren't very engaging. But the main management is one that puts in the most helping hand. Overall, the job can be a little on the uninteresting side as weekdays are the least busy, but is at its best when a customer does come by seeking for help. To sum it up, it's a wonderful job with a fair amount of lovely staff, but sometimes fairly uncoordinated events and lacking management, as well as poor listing of new shifts due to bad spending.
Pros
Great customer service, lovely employees and fair well-kept and easy to navigate store.
Cons
Lacking management and a few uncaring, cold employees
Great place to start working
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD8 August 2018
In doing work experience there. It was a great place to start my working experience. In doing work experience there I have obtained a lot of knowledge about sales and administrative work.
Pros
Breaks were great
Cons
Non paid
Wouldn't go back..
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Chirnside Park VIC31 July 2018
I wouldn't work here again or even shop here again. The management are terrible. They care more about social life aspects then they do about actually working and handling issues. I worked very hard for The Good Guys, I started in the warehouse and worked myself up to sales in less then 4 months. Once i did this they cut my weekend hours, underpaid me on purpose (as well as other staff) and wouldn't allow me to work weekends anymore because I turned 21 and they had to pay me more. After they cut my Saturday shifts they increased my sales targets by another $5,000 and expected me to sell more on our slower days. I'm always up for a challenge but you can't be expected to sell more after loosing the most important day of the week.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
good people to work with
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fyshwick ACT13 June 2018
i learnt a lot over the years. was given the chance of advancement and my opinions were constantly heard by my superiors. i enjoyed teaching staff about the products to maximise comfort level from our customers
Pros
good people culture
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana Waters QLD24 May 2018
I enjoyed every minute I was working there, and if I could I would love an opportunity to work within the company again. The hours are reasonable and the staff are all friendly
Great for work experience
Retails assistant (Former Employee) –  East Maitland27 March 2018
Lovely staff
Easy to work with
Very helpful
They were happy to explain to me what I was required to do and assist me when I was unsure.
Overall great place with great employees
Challenging (travel) but rewarding
Full-Time Technical Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Caringbah NSW14 March 2018
Travelling 65km each way to and from work was a challenge
High level of product knowledge made sales easy
Many satisfied and loyal customers-rewarding
Pros
Product Knowledge and Loyal Customers
Cons
Long commute
Awesome place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 January 2018
Great place to work, family oriented environment and the management truly cares for you. Target pressure is there but then that’s what gets the $$$$$$$
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Target pressure
Good Place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mile End SA15 January 2018
Easy place to work and environment is enjoyable. dealing with customers can be hard at time as they can be rude.However that is part of retail. Learning how to deal with that is easy though
Worked closely with a family member
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ballina NSW18 October 2017
Working at the GoodGuys as a Christmas Casual was a blast, enjoyed every minute of this experience back in 2014. Was a great way to get started and working.
Always has great entertainment and full of the same staff
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA2 October 2017
They have a great range of stock and gadgets and convenient place to visit they have the best current and large quantities of top of range items and the same small goods.
Pros
free first glance display of some items
Cons
Work experience has no pay
Great place
Sales, Team member (Former Employee) –  Noarlunga Centre SA12 September 2017
It was a friendly work place, but as i was casual i didn't have much job security.
I didn't have a very good work life balance so it didn't work for me.
Pros
Didn't work nights
Cons
Worked weekends
Wonderful place to work with a great team of people
sales professional, part time (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA2 August 2017
Other then the constant change of management at the time I was working there, It was a great company to work for and am keen to go back if the chance arises.
Like a lot of places we all felt understaffed until it was quiet and were twiddling our thumbs looking for stock to check.
The admin supervisor who has been there for ever is one of the best people I have worked with.
Pros
sales support and an open friendly enviroment
Cons
late night thursdays lol
Fast paced can be a fun environment but when the managers were in a bad mood the workers wore it.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mile End SA12 July 2017
Fast paced, payed above award rates. Long hours often asked to work back without overtime. Most of the people were easy and great to work with. Just like any other company. Depends on the individual.
Pros
Flexible roster
Cons
Okay if you are a yes-man
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Traralgon VIC26 June 2017
It pays award wages plus commission, but makes commission targets unreachable which adds more than an unnecessary amount of stress to every day work..
discounts are good
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Warrawong NSW15 June 2017
Commission based, a lot of pressure for extended warranties, Christmas time was great money, not a lot of management presence on the floor for discipline or to keep workers on track
Pros
good discounts
Cons
unfair commission