The Grounds of Alexandria
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Grounds of Alexandria Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

High paced environment

Working in a stressful environment ensured that the day went by quickly, the team was extremely fun and outgoing, upper management could do with some improvement.

Environnement de travail très agréable

Travailler dans un environnement qui se focalise en priorité sur la créativité et à la relation humaine. Plus vous êtes créatif et porter sur le service client plus vous créer un impact important pour l'entreprise.

Fast-paced but rewarding job

Rewarding job, as there is a sense of completion at the end of the day, knowing you fulfilled all your tasks. Can be stressful at times when it is busy, but the staff are encouraging and friendly.

Fun place

Very nice place to have a cup of coffee. Awesome interior design and garden sitting area. Also best place for wedding and birthday party. They aren now working with disney

Busy and productive

Busy working environment. Customer service and crowd management are essentials skills at the grounds. All staff members are required to have excellent communication skills.

Great workplace for beginners and skilled workers!

Great premise to work on. I would typically work behind the bar for the most part but sometimes as a waitress. A typical day would include setting up the bar in the morning, pressing fresh orange juice for the entire week, occasionally attending tables, prepare and blend mixtures that would be used for cocktails, closing down the bar and cleaning up the area. Some of the weaker point of the company were management/being understaffed, some managers were less experienced and the restaurant would often get very busy very fast. We solved this problem by having versatile staff that could jump in and cover in different areas if things got too hectic. This was the most difficult part. The best parts about working at The Grounds was every employees ability to grow and rise up in position, as a bartender I had many opportunities to improvise and decide over how I could personalize the cocktails I created. I also got along very well with the staff and we created a very welcoming environment that felt like family.

Pros

many opportunities to grow, variety in tasks, great staff

Cons

medium to low pay, occasionally poorly managed

more cons than pros

Team is amazing to work with, banter and fun, management is terrible and everything is money talk. Management lacks empathy, social skills and sense of loyalty towards their staff. Turnover is extremely high, appreciation is extremely low to non existent. Always understaff due to management's unwillingness to roster more people in order to save money, which is ridiculous as this place is always so busy, the company can easily earn the wages back. They don't look after their staff!!

Great team but badly managed

i loved my time at the Grounds of Alexandria however, it was very poorly managed. i learned a great deal about the industry and grew a passion for beer, cocktails and wine but the hours were far too long and there were no benefits about the job whatsoever.

Pros

good training programmes

Cons

no staff meals, short breaks, long hours

Very Flexible company

It is a very well cultured company. Not only customer satisfaction but it also looks into employee welfare. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. The working hours are very flexible which is what I have love the most about the company.

The Job entailed greeting and serving customers, food preparations and maintaining the working environment. It was tiring due to the fact i was a bit younger and worked long hours with older people. Co-workers all got along with eachother which was great. Hardest part was remembering the table numbers and it was always so busy.

Pros

High pay

Cons

Long hours, always busy

Jobs at The Grounds of Alexandria

See more jobs

fun to be working with my colleagues

My current job is one of the most busiest cafe in the city.. A very challenging job.. I learned a lot new techniques and baking skills.. It's a great experience working with my colleagues.. The most important is u love what you doing.. You have the dedication and hardwork.. When it comes to the management they are very nice but they never followed on my contract or maybe because they sponsored me thats why they take advantage with me.. But for me I ignored it the most important thing is I do my job..

Pros

free lunches

Cons

sometimes no break..

customer service and some good improvisation from manager

i just sit and drink a glass of water rand start my day at work with love to the customer service . how to satisfy a customer giving the information everything they want with a big smile . managing my time , to start early from home and to finish my tasks i the given time i used to have fun with my co workers and we all work with competitive spirit. the hardest part of the job is to leave the work place. the most enjoyable part is to have fun and lovely time with customers.

Pros

food

Cons

less hours

its always fun learning new things and evolving skills

Working in Alexandria is fun and has improved my knowledge. However Looking forward to a profile where in i can work more

One of most aesthetically gorgeous cafes I have ever seen

The Grounds is a high energy, high quality, and unique cafe. The staff are friendly, the food is incredible, and the ambiance keeps you coming back for more. They are a business that is succeeding at staying on the front lines of new and best experiences in the cafe scene. Always changing, always improving, always a fantastic experience.

Pros

Staff discount, worked with people from around the world, met new people everyday, and drank the best coffee Sydney has to offer

Cons

Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Grounds of Alexandria. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

The Grounds of Alexandria Reviews by Location