The Hills Shire Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Hills Shire Council Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
This was my first local government job in Australia. I was selected to be trained in GIS and later work as trainee GIS officer in Baulkham Hills Council.
If you have morals, empathy, a genuine desire to help people and do the right thing, stay clear of this place, particularly Subdivision Department. All that matters here is their stats, profits and keeping egos intact. Casual sexism and racism prevalent, along with high levels of pretension. If you are willing to be a "yes sir" man and suck up to management, you will get far.
Pros
Few good colleagues, learning opportunity because lots of developments happening
Cons
Pretty much everything other than what's mentioned in pros
I had a very nice boss and team to work with everyone was happy and you could tell they enjoyed their work and being there with their work attitude I really enjoyed it to
Pros
Has a professional manner and everyone is happy
Cons
Can’t get their via public transport
I was able to help with the actual event and contribute meaningfully to the overall customer experience. It was fun and I learnt a lot about event management.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hills Shire Council. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3