THE ICONIC

41: THE ICONIC Employee Reviews

Australia41 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Competitive fast paced environment

Very fast paced environment, specific KPI you gotta follow. Management is sometimes unorganised. Bosses treat new employees like dirt instead of their work mates. Overall a decent place to work.

Reliable hours

You can get plenty of hours here quickly if you prove yourself. It’s fun and easy to make friends, the pay is decent. There is an opportunity to climb the ladder

Pros

Free lunch sometimes

Fun work place but you have to know the bosses to get higher faster

You actually do a interview with a agency to get into The Iconic, so I was with the agency a casual for 2 years, then became a casual with The Iconic for a year then become full time. A fun place to be, You have a week to get trained up but if you don’t get it they put you somewhere else where your comfortable. The Iconic is one of the largest online clothing businesses in Australia.

Decent place to work

The pay is a lot lower than competitors. I know buyers assistants get at least 10k more in other companies. However, the culture is good in the company overall and you do receive a good staff discount. I wouldn’t recommend applying for a position as a category assistant as the workload is way too much for the pay. You basically have to do more than your assistant buyer and buyer as all the admin and boring tasks get piled onto your hands.

Supportive and rewarding job environment

I highly recommend a career with THE ICONIC. From the first moment I joined I was welcomed and it felt like I'd always been there. Everyone was respectful of my experience and we were encouraged to voice our ideas and suggestions.

Pros

Work culture

Cons

Slightly lower pay than market competitors

Toxic Workplace

Iconic is a place full of frauds. Their warehouse is as dirty as the people who work there. They pick favourites and don’t care about their workers at all. The management team from HR to their Team Leaders on the floor are just as toxic and corrupt. I thought it was normal until I left The Iconic and seen how good management is at other workplaces. Although you go to work just for the money, it doesn’t help when the environment your in is barely uplifting.

Pros

Discount code

Cons

Toxic Team Leaders, Corrupt Management

One of, if not, the worst place I have ever worked

Unless you are desperate, as I was, don`t do it. Many of the people are narcissists, most of the management just pass the buck down the chain (or sideways) and blame others. Managers are petty and love to wield their power. One of the most fake/BS cultures in a work environment I have ever experienced. They loved nothing more than playing favourites. When COVID hit they had us in on the Monday, and then, fired us all, without notice by Wednesday, refusing to help anyone with Jobkeeper.

Pros

The work was easy, half the people

Cons

Lack of any security, pay rate, half the people

Fast paced and super exciting

The Iconic is a vibrant and super fast paced company to work for. There are plenty of exciting new projects always a foot and plenty of process improvements requiring testing and retesting. Unlike many other companies there isn't too much politics, staff just roll up their sleeves and get into it. With the new addition of Legal & Risk, The Iconic has seen some positive changes from operating as a small start up to becoming a company to take notice due to robust policies. The Tech division are always on the pulse and help implement efficient and seamless processes. The Finance team provide brilliant and informative support to the wider business on all things finance and business analysis. Senior Management, although busy, always have time for an acknowledging smile and they are super approachable. Our CEO keeps everyone informed weekly on major achievement, upcoming events/ targets and minor mishaps. The numerous doggies, sample sales & staff health activities are always fresh and fun and there are plenty of opportunities for staff to learn or advance their career with the help of our friendly P&C group! The Iconic isn't just a place of work but a collective group of people who are easy to call "friend" or even "family"!

Pros

Pet policy, sample sales, staff discounts, staff activities

Cons

Fast pace, constant changes to process, some manual processes

Productive and fun workplace

Demographic quite young but great team culture and team environment, fun and vibrant, discounts on the clothes is average but the staff sales is definitely great incentives

Pros

Team Lunch at end of month and Friday drinks

Cons

Travelling between different office from city to the west

Fast paced yet very fun atmosphere

The people and work life balance is amazing. They are all for career progression as well which is awesome. all in all the people were pretty great.....

It was very nice.

Very prepared, well managed, clean, and safe work is encouraged. I will recommend working here to any friend, co-worker or family member. The daily team talks are very nice.

It was a great experience while it was fun

It was a great experience while it was fun. Then they started to look for profit over everything else, and things started to become dire quickly. I believe the people working there create a great culture, but the management in under pressure to deliver more than is possible to ask, really.

Productive and fun workplace with table tennis

It was a cool experience because the people or other employees there made it a very fun experience. My manager for my agency is very understanding too

Pros

People

Cons

Bosses

No Warning, No Loyalty

I've been an agency worker for Iconic for over 2 years now and they just sent a message to EVERY agency worker saying that we are "immediately dismissed", no warning no heads up nothing! With this Covid issue happening I find it so disloyal and disheartening that when they ask so much of us we give and they can't even give us the same fairness/equality. So much favoritism, Returns team leader to current date 25/03/20 hasn't done much since that grey hair girl left and it's just so bad. Marketplace is the same NO loyalty!!!!!

Pros

good work experience, easy job

Cons

favoritism, bad communication, no loyalty, on/off shifts

productive place

place is good and all, team leaders are cool but didn't really get along with the job agency worker. wasn't getting enough shift wether I called in or not

Hard working factory staff

busy and hard workers on the factory floor, always willing to go above and beyond for the team. Friendly and family orientated culture. Perks and salary could be better.

Fun place and great hour but ethics are questionable

I have so far had a lot of fun working at the ICONIC. Most of the people (nearly all) are fantastic humans. The CEO is really new still but I think she has a great potential to clean the place up. The place is in desperate need of accountability. "We celebrate failure". At least in my department, so much of the data is one step away from completely made up. Everybody in the department knows it, but are not allowed to say anything for threats of retribution. There is so much finger pointing across the entire company, passing the buck as to why we are missing targets. It makes me really sad because, to everyone in data it is obvious that it is because the company is running off of fake news. Well, intricate but fake report metrics anyway. Currently looking for another job.

Very demanding, unrealistic expectation from the emplyees

Had a very difficult time adjusting to the work culture here. we where some-what forced to reach a ridiculously high KPI by the end of each day for what theyre offering for wages.

Pros

Cons

everything

as long as everyone does their part a day at iconic is pretty smooth

The Iconic is a good warehouse job for younger generations that have just graduated from high school or is currently at University part time, the time of work is flexible.

Pros

Money is decent

Cons

Not much shifts right now

The iconic

Iconic is a great job. But if you don’t reach your KPIs, you get ranked and placed on a sheet for everyone to see how many you picked. The shift hours are good but there are times that they call you unexpectedly. If you don’t reach your KPIs they don’t call you in.

It was okay

Experiencing working at The Iconic has been ironic. But i surely would not go back due to lack of management and lack of keeping people updated when they come to work but they completely give you a shift for a whole weak and cancel it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE ICONIC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare THE ICONIC with

• THE ICONIC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?