The Jolly Miller Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Jolly Miller Group Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
Such friendly workplace, managers and colleagues are easy to get along with and provide clear instructions. Provide fair shift times and are always on time with pay.
Has the potential to be a great place to work but management have a very high expectation without giving support.
No ongoing support. No support upon starting.
I worked at jolly miller for 4 months, working incredibly hard, learning faster than anyone else and putting work above anything else in my life - coming in when they needed, travelling to other Jolly Miller's over 30 minutes away, etc. The owner/managers generate a fear based workplace, where you watch everyone around you get fired and wait until eventually it's you. They constantly critique you and lower your morale, never acknowledging any hard work or sacrifice. There is no value. The rest of the employees are incredibly lovely but the terrible treatment by mangers makes it a unpleasant and substandard place to work. Do not bother applying here as you will not last.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Horrible Management, Low morale, No value, Extremely short term
. supportive staff and management
. a great working environment.

.waitress skills

. customer service skills

. barista training

.career progress oppertunities
Pros
great managment
Cons
Working at the jolly miller cafe was a very fun experience for me i worked with a range of talented people and gained a lot of experience during my time there.
Within 5 months of working there i gained a position as a second in charge and it was a pleasure.

I had a really fun time working there
Pros
amazing boss
Cons
Working at The Jolly Miller Cafe was such an experience, it was my first fast pace job where time management was crucial and communication was 100% key. I applied for The Jolly Miller while I was undertaking my certificate 3 in catering operations at VU.
I learnt how to prepare food, cook food, clean, set up and pack up, order, manage cash and buy food for the cafe.

The Jolly Miller was a fun working environment, everyone there was kind and incredibly helpful.
Pros
free coffees
Cons
It was a fun workplace, very easy going aswell. the co workers and managers were really nice friendly people. my customers were good customers, they were really nice towards me.
It was fantastic working there, the manager likes to have a joke around on the job, the food that is sold at the cafe is amazing, the coffee is fantastic. The team provide excellent customer service and are fun to work with and the customers make the day go by so fast.