The Jolly Miller Group Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2019
Has the potential to be a great place to work but management have a very high expectation without giving support.
No ongoing support. No support upon starting.
No Value of Hard Working Employees - will fire you on probation for no reason
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  University Hill VIC13 March 2019
I worked at jolly miller for 4 months, working incredibly hard, learning faster than anyone else and putting work above anything else in my life - coming in when they needed, travelling to other Jolly Miller's over 30 minutes away, etc. The owner/managers generate a fear based workplace, where you watch everyone around you get fired and wait until eventually it's you. They constantly critique you and lower your morale, never acknowledging any hard work or sacrifice. There is no value. The rest of the employees are incredibly lovely but the terrible treatment by mangers makes it a unpleasant and substandard place to work. Do not bother applying here as you will not last.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Horrible Management, Low morale, No value, Extremely short term
amazing workplace
FOH (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 October 2018
. supportive staff and management
. a great working environment.
.waitress skills
. customer service skills
. barista training
.career progress oppertunities
Pros
great managment
Fun and thriving
Barista/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 July 2016
Working at The Jolly Miller Cafe was such an experience, it was my first fast pace job where time management was crucial and communication was 100% key. I applied for The Jolly Miller while I was undertaking my certificate 3 in catering operations at VU.
I learnt how to prepare food, cook food, clean, set up and pack up, order, manage cash and buy food for the cafe.
The Jolly Miller was a fun working environment, everyone there was kind and incredibly helpful.
Pros
free coffees
Fun work environment
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  Epping VIC5 May 2016
It was a fun workplace, very easy going aswell. the co workers and managers were really nice friendly people. my customers were good customers, they were really nice towards me.
fun place to work
coffee maker (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate, VIC14 October 2015
It was fantastic working there, the manager likes to have a joke around on the job, the food that is sold at the cafe is amazing, the coffee is fantastic. The team provide excellent customer service and are fun to work with and the customers make the day go by so fast.