THE JUNCTION WORKS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

THE JUNCTION WORKS Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
The typical day at work is to assist client in their daily indoor and outdoor activities, by supporting them in their daily skills, feeding, social functions. I've learned to interact and provide duty of care. Management is not kin enough to look the capability of the staff in terms of providing the best service a support worker can give but they are particular to have a staff who can drive the van for the clients. . You just have to adapt changes as you deal with multicultural people you work with. The hardest part of the job is when you multitask when there is no enough workers. There seems to be a feeling of happiness as you help and support people with disability.
There is no clear structure to validate their employees strength and weakness, no time management skills, not realistically works within their team members
It is a great place to work. My need for a new job is a desire for full time permanent position. A typical day at work is working with an amazing team who are dedicated to their jobs and doing it well. They are all great team players. The management support you as much as they can in your pursuit for academic and career growth. Non-productiveness is frowned upon and not encouraged. Work place culture is maintained as everyone is respected and there is zero discrimination. The hardest part of the job is when I had to relocate to another house in-order to discourage a client who has developed feelings for me and help him forget me. I felt like I'm being punished for a crime I did not commit, but management explained it is for the good of both I and the client. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving email from management praising the staff for doing their jobs well and seeing a smile of satisfaction on the face of the clients.
Pros
preparing and cooking dinner with clients and eating with them to give them a sense of family.
Cons
No much hours.
very pushy expected to be clients carer and parents forced to do jobs that was under qualified for didn't get adequate training in any field constant threats of of performance reviews way way way too much administration needed to the point actual care of clients was second priority
Pros
Cons
micro management on steroids
Never had an issue with TJW . Always helpful. Lovely families and lovely colleagues. Always room for training and advancement for yourself. Happy to move you around organisation if wanted.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE JUNCTION WORKS. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8