The Just Group

The Just Group Employee Reviews

Australia63 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Lots of Pro

Promises of advancement as long as you work hard that never eventuate. There is no progression and regional manager talks down to you and treats you poorly. Doesn’t bother her if she does it in the middle of a full store.

Pros

Great store teams

Cons

50% Discount on all brands

There’s a reason there are so many job openings…

It’s all smoke and mirrors! They say they are committed to your development by conducting seasonal performance reviews but it’s mostly them putting you down and telling you that you should do better. It’s all about what is best for the company at the time - Store Managers are NOT valued for wanting career progression. Heavy reliance on Store Managers to reduce turnover of their casuals and part-timers that keep leaving because of the high expectations and high stress environment. Although, the bigger issue is the middle/upper management depreciating their Store Managers by not valuing their career goals and manipulating them into staying put and doing their time. They talk very highly of their feedback model but I’m telling you now, if you want praise from middle/upper management you will be seen as weak and like you’re wanting to be doted over. It’s all improvement and no praise.Sales/Customer service is the ultimate priority (obviously) but they are also VERY task focussed and the sheer amount of tasks is very high. It must be done within an unrealistic timeframe and little to no support of using extra hours is given to get it done (VM/stock/admin/mandatory “deliverables”). You either sink or swim. Salary is a very low base rate and is disappointing especially being one of the city stores. This is overall is one of the worst jobs I have ever had and it was mostly due to the unrealistic expectations and old school management style of middle and upper management. If there’s anything that Smiggle and The Just Group should take away from this review, it’s that your lower -

Productive and fun workplace

Out of all my jobs I have a had the best experience with the just group Love working for them.I felt like i was listened too I felt happy ............

Outstanding Company Culture

So very pleased to find a company who holds its company core values. Its rare in this day and age to find company's that not only say that have company values but to actually strive to make sure those core values are held by employees of the company.

Ok

It is an ok job. It can het boring at times but I guess that is how the job works. Daily tasks include dealing with customers that can be annoying at times but overall ok.

Best place I’ve ever worked!

Retail is challenging everywhere, so after I had a poor experience in another retailer, I was apprehensive that The Just Group would be different. HOWEVER, The culture I was welcomed into has changed my entire outlook on the field. We work hard, and we get recognised and rewarded. The leadership I have experienced has honestly made me a much happier person, and I can genuinely say I love what I do. Retail is still hard work, it takes strong willed people to be successful. But the people in this business are so hands on, and are willing to help you along the way.

Business focused on your success

Fun, fast paced role. Given many opportunities to progress in the business. Supportive higher management. Working in the head office state provides great opportunity to network and advance your career

Pros

Every day can be different

Poor upper management

Everyone that worked on the shop floors were fantastic. Store management were amazing and very hard working. Upper management however were completely out of touch. They never listened to the opinions of people working in store, but when things went wrong it was always the store managers fault. Everyone was paid as a retail assistant even if your responsibilities went far beyond that. And raises were never even a question

Would not recommend in getting a job with the Just Group

No work/home life balance, unrealistic expectations made of managers & team members when it comes to paperwork & KPIs, constantly visual merchandising

Pros

The team members

Cons

Long hours, high stress & anxiety environment, no real support from regional or higher ups, unrealistic expectations

Good people, bad company

People have worked in the warehouse as casuals for 4+ years, 8 years, 9 years, 11 years.. AS A CASUAL through the agency. The company does not appreciate their casuals. The environment is great, the casuals and full timers that work there all get along really well, and it's a very friendly work environment but it has been disheartening watching how disappointed they all are about not getting full time after so many years of hard work and dedication.If you want a full time job, do not work here.

Pros

Great workers, fast paced, friendly

Cons

Zero benefits, zero opportunity for full time, no appreciation for their workers hard work

Fun workplace and very productive place to work.

Just group are good to work for very friendly workplace and you have to be very motivated to work there whether it is afternoon shift or day shift you will enjoy working in a friendly environment

No culture

There are literally no benefits to working here. Hard work will get you no where, only those who are friends with those higher up. If you're productive you just get more work.There is no company culture, nothing to give employees to make them stay and feel valued. Everyone is just an asset and you are replaceable.

Pros

Sample sales + staff discount

Cons

Poor management, don't look after employees, no flexibility

Fun place to work would work there again

I loved my Christmas casual job here, the experience was great. It consisted of customer service, P.O.S, cleaning the store, filling up stock, checking new stock that came in. At times it can be stressful as it's a sale period and everyone is always looking for something that we might not have. Overall it was a great job & I would recommend it to anyone

Pros

good breaks, lovely co-workers, amazing management, regular shifts & a welcoming vibe

Cons

Hot in store & music was repetitive

Overall pretty good

A good group of colleagues however definitely a lack of manager/employee feedback, often felt like I was criticized for not doing something correctly even though they hadn't taught me how to do it. Definitely a "thrown in the deep end" approach to training.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Lack of communication between managers and staff

All the staff and management were great to work with

I really enjoyed working for Just group especially in the Midland store in WA and as a relief worker in the city stores. The Customers always came first. There was always lots to do in the store which was always kept clean and tidy and accessible for all customers. There were lots of learning and safety tutorials and exceptional staff to work along side. I was sad to have to move state and leave.

Poor management

Great place to work for a first job to get your foot in the door for work experience. But management was poorly managed, manger was passive aggressive and there were times I had to work over my shift time without pay. Was also made to feel bad about missing budgets, was told once to buy something with my own money to make budget and was so stressful it made me breakdown and cry. Honestly would not recommend working here.

Pros

First time experience

Cons

Poor management, no further training, favouritism, manipulative and passive aggressive and mentally draining.

Worst company ive ever worked for

Since day one with the Just Group, it has been a horrible experience. I was a store manager, was very unsupported with a very difficult store. There would be weeks on end I wouldn’t see the VM and AM wouldn’t answer the phone. I stepped down to a Casual role and I dread every time I have to do a shift. The gossiping and bullying that happens in this company is disgusting. If your not in the clique then you don’t matter.

Pros

Cons

Bullying, can not confide in Area Managers, Gossipy, rude

Great,Fun company to work for

Fun company to work for , happy go lucky vibes throughout all the companies which make it a easy place to work in. Always a cheery, happy place to work in.

Pros

happy vibes

OK place to work

The work itself is fun, but several management problems. Workplace not always safe and management turned blind eye. Subtle racism at times. Judgemental colleagues.

good productive innovative

I have learnt new things in this job like voice picking and online packing working online on computers staff was cooperative .I did not found anything hard on this job

Retail assistant/asm role

Working at the just group has been an amazing experience and I’m even about to go into an assistant Manger role there. However, the pay and hours just don’t support me well enough financially so I am looking for a second job that won’t clash

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Just Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Just Group with