The Just Group Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Poor management
Full -time Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 March 2019
My job there (in one of the stores) was only for a short time due to the below reasons:
Poor management. No proper training.
Too much expectation as soon as I started.
Unfair treatment and management was picking on every little thing instead of appreciating my hard work. I couldn't even get a drink even when I was entitled to take my 10 min break.Terrible place. I felt so unhappy.They tried to cover up the terrible attitude by picking on tiny things while I was still learning.
Often had to stay back without pay but there was no appreciation.
Resigned because of the stress I had suffered.
Pros
Place to learn
Cons
Average wage
Great company to work for
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Albany WA4 January 2018
I loved my time at the just group I learnt heaps and met some really nice staff and customers..they were always very accommodating to my role as a parent.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Only able to get discount on product for yourself not the entire store at just jeans
Great for uni work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 April 2017
Good pay and great for work during uni!

It can be very catty and if you don't want to have a career in retail, you will find not many friendly staff members.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High level of pressure for a basic retail job
Fun...friends...opportunity....
Ppt sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW3 April 2017
Been a great work life balance as a mum returning to work.. opportunity for other work with other brands....great discounts...great friendships...internal job opportunities
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work alone alot
Good Place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New South Wales24 January 2017
Good place to work. Management, at times, were helpful but had a habit of giving instructions while we were serving customers. Store zoning was ineffective and could have been better.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Strict policies
Expect so much and receive so little
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 July 2016
I worked for Smiggle for a year as a sales assistant. I think if the store was structured better and had better managers things would be better. The cons definitely out way the pros. If it wasn't for having a good team I would of quit a long time ago.

Cons about Smiggle:
- Bad management: Management was always changing I had 3-4 managers over the time period I was there. Each manager has a different structure on how they like their store ran which made things difficult. My last manager would tell me my selling skills weren't as good as his or if I had done something wrong so when I asked him to show me how he would do it he would never show me.

- No further training: No further training received unless your management which is ridiculous. The only further training I received was on the job. I would of loved to have received any extra training possible.

- Overtime: I can't count on my fingers how many hours of overtime I did while I was working there. I never got paid for any of it and if I had asked to get paid for that time it would always be "over budget hours for the week" and the answer was no. It's hard not to do overtime because there is always so much to do i.e. tiding up and refilling for the next day. Being expected to fill in all the paperwork plus budget book and cash up two registers in 15 minutes is impossible.

- No advancement or career: You can't really make any advancement/career in this position. I worked a lot, would always be available to extend my shift or work other peoples shifts, come in half an hour to an hour earlier, do everything that
  more... was asked of me and it didn't really benefit me in any way.

Pros:
- The best thing was having a good team to work with and gaining experience in retail.
Pros
Working with a good team
Cons
Bad management, no further training, don't get paid for overtime, no advancement/career
Fun energetic place to work.
3IC Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD6 August 2015
Daily Job review
Sales Targets
New products
Store upkeep
working with customers
Can be stressful but very rewarding and fun
Pros
Working with fun product
Cons
Hours available to staff
Fun place to work
Sales Assistent (Current Employee) –  Blacktown and Macarthur15 January 2014
The typical day at any of the stores ive worked at in the just group all have similarities in working there as a whole Serving customers ensuring their time in the stores are as enjoyable as possible, cleaning, talking on the phone, cash handling, trying on clothes or playing with the newest toys/stationary in and constantly changing the stores to make sure the stores look fresh and up to date.
Always a chance to work in different areas (there are 7 different types of businesses in the Just Group) at the moment I am working at Smiggle which is a fun place to work but have also worked at Jacqui E the place that i first started with.
Hardest Part of the job would be the inconsistent work as I am casual; also it is very hard to move forward in your career as a casual.
The most enjoyable part would be the people you meet on a day to day basis and the toys/stationary you need to play with so we can show the customers how they work and the clothes to try on to be able to show customers how new clothes look and also to be able to give advice to customers.
Pros
fun to work at, trying on the new clothes, playing with the new toys/stationary
Cons
hard to move forward in career, inconsistent work