The Just Group Management reviews

Poor management
Full -time Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 March 2019
My job there (in one of the stores) was only for a short time due to the below reasons:
Poor management. No proper training.
Too much expectation as soon as I started.
Unfair treatment and management was picking on every little thing instead of appreciating my hard work. I couldn't even get a drink even when I was entitled to take my 10 min break.Terrible place. I felt so unhappy.They tried to cover up the terrible attitude by picking on tiny things while I was still learning.
Often had to stay back without pay but there was no appreciation.
Resigned because of the stress I had suffered.
Pros
Place to learn
Cons
Average wage
Friendly environment with collegues and supervior .
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Truganina VIC1 August 2017
I start my job at 7 am, a meeting with the supervisor about work, every two hours i get a break . I have learned RF scanning ,picking,tugger .Mysupervisor and management it loyal to me ,environment is friendly and cooperative .lifting boxes to the location continously is bit harder , scanning and driving are enjoyble .
Good salary, terrible culture
Head Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia5 June 2017
Unfortunately, the culture imposed from the top-down was aggressively skewed towards profits-at-any-cost. Senior management were known in the industry for high-profile court cases regarding disputes with previous and current staff, which promoted mistrust amongst other staff.

There was little-to-no job satisfaction, given the highly repetitive and intense workload, and so staff turn-over was high.

The hardest part of the job were the countless late finishes, due to poor management and a disregard for the time necessary to implement the changes requested.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside an excellent team, compiled by the direct team managers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Terrible culture, long (unrewarded) hours, poor project management
Put Thier People First
Cluster Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth Australia28 May 2017
The just group invest a lot of time in thier employees. They have a carer development programme to suit every individual. The have numerous training programs from Recruitment to Performance Management , Visual merchandising to shrink Management.
Pros
The just group culture
Cons
Awesomely awesome company to work for
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA2 February 2017
Great Management and loads of encouragement from colleagues, fun work environment. Support from other Stores across the state was great.
Pros
Clothes
Cons
Not enough money to buy the clothes
Good Place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New South Wales24 January 2017
Good place to work. Management, at times, were helpful but had a habit of giving instructions while we were serving customers. Store zoning was ineffective and could have been better.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Strict policies
Expect so much and receive so little
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 July 2016
I worked for Smiggle for a year as a sales assistant. I think if the store was structured better and had better managers things would be better. The cons definitely out way the pros. If it wasn't for having a good team I would of quit a long time ago.

Cons about Smiggle:
- Bad management: Management was always changing I had 3-4 managers over the time period I was there. Each manager has a different structure on how they like their store ran which made things difficult. My last manager would tell me my selling skills weren't as good as his or if I had done something wrong so when I asked him to show me how he would do it he would never show me.

- No further training: No further training received unless your management which is ridiculous. The only further training I received was on the job. I would of loved to have received any extra training possible.

- Overtime: I can't count on my fingers how many hours of overtime I did while I was working there. I never got paid for any of it and if I had asked to get paid for that time it would always be "over budget hours for the week" and the answer was no. It's hard not to do overtime because there is always so much to do i.e. tiding up and refilling for the next day. Being expected to fill in all the paperwork plus budget book and cash up two registers in 15 minutes is impossible.

- No advancement or career: You can't really make any advancement/career in this position. I worked a lot, would always be available to extend my shift or work other peoples shifts, come in half an hour to an hour earlier, do everything that
  more... was asked of me and it didn't really benefit me in any way.

Pros:
- The best thing was having a good team to work with and gaining experience in retail.
Pros
Working with a good team
Cons
Bad management, no further training, don't get paid for overtime, no advancement/career
Lovely people to work for and with.
Pick packer (Former Employee) –  VIC7 October 2014
- Very good pay rate
- lovely co-workers
- awesome management
- long hours during Christmas time
- easy work
Pros
great people, hard working people, great working conditions
Great Team to work with
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Huntingwood DC Blacktown30 June 2014
Typical day was pick pack of orders for stores and internet
Learned a different computer skills and to deal with customer request quickly
Management was always fare and could be approached easily
Worked with a great team of people Full Time and casual
Did not really find anything hard about job
The people I worked with
Productive & Interesting to learn about the behind the scenes for retailing
Store Picker (Former Employee) –  Altona, VIC24 April 2014
Picked & packed on trolleys for leading brands to send off to stores all around Australia. Learning to send garments overseas. Enjoyed learning to do returns & faulty garments. Labelling the boxes to send off was tiring but also fun, to find out different names to towns that I had not heard of. Learning to stage was fun in Jacqui E & Portmans but not so in Jay Jays & Peter Alexander, had to manually do it but still interesting to see how each department did staging & stocktake differently. Management was mostly helpful in helping with the computers & equipment breaking down & any & most issues were resolved. Worked along side men & women & also worked solo, working together as a team made it so much easier but if not enough jobs to be picked had to clean warehouse.
Pros
2 RDO'S a month, the pay. Learning new technology. Being put in charge of a situation & watching it be successful
Cons
Long Hours, house cleaning in warehouse.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta, NSW13 February 2014
I have worked as a casual retail assistant in 3 Just Group retail stores; Jacqui E, Jay Jays and Portmans.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and amazing management.

Amazing company to work for.
Pros
Co-Workers, management, Environment, Culture