The Just Group Employee Review

View all The Just Group reviews

Expect so much and receive so little
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 July 2016
I worked for Smiggle for a year as a sales assistant. I think if the store was structured better and had better managers things would be better. The cons definitely out way the pros. If it wasn't for having a good team I would of quit a long time ago.

Cons about Smiggle:
- Bad management: Management was always changing I had 3-4 managers over the time period I was there. Each manager has a different structure on how they like their store ran which made things difficult. My last manager would tell me my selling skills weren't as good as his or if I had done something wrong so when I asked him to show me how he would do it he would never show me.

- No further training: No further training received unless your management which is ridiculous. The only further training I received was on the job. I would of loved to have received any extra training possible.

- Overtime: I can't count on my fingers how many hours of overtime I did while I was working there. I never got paid for any of it and if I had asked to get paid for that time it would always be "over budget hours for the week" and the answer was no. It's hard not to do overtime because there is always so much to do i.e. tiding up and refilling for the next day. Being expected to fill in all the paperwork plus budget book and cash up two registers in 15 minutes is impossible.

- No advancement or career: You can't really make any advancement/career in this position. I worked a lot, would always be available to extend my shift or work other peoples shifts, come in half an hour to an hour earlier, do everything that
  more... was asked of me and it didn't really benefit me in any way.

Pros:
- The best thing was having a good team to work with and gaining experience in retail.
Pros
Working with a good team
Cons
Bad management, no further training, don't get paid for overtime, no advancement/career

Other The Just Group Employee Reviews

Doesn’t give worked the opportunity to progress with hours.
Sales assistant Part-time PORTMANS (Current Employee) –  Helensvale QLD28 May 2019
The company doesn’t offer enough hours to employees making it difficult to progress with the job or career.
Working hours offered are not compatible with life style.
Poor management.
Cons
Doesn’t offer enough hours.
Poor management
Full -time Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 March 2019
My job there (in one of the stores) was only for a short time due to the below reasons:
Poor management. No proper training.
Too much expectation as soon as I started.
Unfair treatment and management was picking on every little thing instead of appreciating my hard work. I couldn't even get a drink even when I was entitled to take my 10 min break.Terrible place. I felt so unhappy.They tried to cover up the terrible attitude by picking on tiny things while I was still learning.
Often had to stay back without pay but there was no appreciation.
Resigned because of the stress I had suffered.
Pros
Place to learn
Cons
Average wage