The Lost Dogs' Home
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Lost Dogs' Home Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
Although it was a good experience to work there as a volunteer, I wasn't able to bond with the dogs besides feeding them. When I had free time, rarely anyone else was there to assist me to do something in the meantime besides telling me to do the laundry.
Pros
got to say hi to the dogs and experience how to manage dealing with dogs
Cons
mostly cleaning
There are a lot of wonderful and committed people at the Lost Dogs' Home whose efforts are sadly stymied by confusion and a lack of perspective at management level. Things were changing towards the end of my time there, though, not so much for me personally but certainly in a broader sense - euthanasia rates dropped significantly, for instance. As much as my redundancy was hard to take, I hope it was a much-needed sign that the Home were planning to slim down their operation as they had far too many staff on the books. I was sorely underworked for my entire time there and I wish I could have had the opportunity to contribute more as I felt (and still feel) I had a lot to offer in a number of areas. I certainly pushed for it on many occasions but the response was lacklustre when it finally came.
Pros
Lots of nice people, a genuine desire (on the part of some, at least) to respond to public criticism and make positive changes
Cons
Lack of work, somewhat clique-y on the corporate side of the organisation, public-facing staff (receptionists, animal attendants) don't get the credit they deserve
very poorly managed and communication is near non existent. can be very rewarding but most times your efforts are taken for granted.great place to learn and advance your skills
I have learned about animal nutrition, animal husbandry and basic welfare analysis. Staffs at the lost dogs' home are very friendly and are very cooperative during teamwork.
Pros
Animal welfare
Sorting through mail and deliveries.
Assisting administration with general tasks.

Public speaking at events.

Assisting with the organisation and set-up of events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out at events and being able watch animals get adopted.
Pros
Great experience, opportunity to advance career.
Cons
Was only a temporary work placement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lost Dogs' Home. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2