The Network
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

17: The Network Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Typical Call Center

Typical call center environment. Very high turnaround. Not the worst pay but certainly not the best. Would recommend for short-term/stepping stone employment for younger generation.

Supportive work environment. Management care about giving us the support we need.

We are expected to take the job seriously but management give us the support we need and allow a healthy home - work life balance.They offer a nice career path to grow and earn more $$$ with experience.

Pros

Supportive management, fair salary

Cons

Long commute to work

Ambiance

Il y avait unz tees bonne ambiance de travail je recommander

Community and Social board for MHC

I loved being a part of the board to create and organize events in order for my college community to come and interact in. We always worked to make it a fun and inclusive environment.

Adversity

The Network was my place and our whole focus was the guest. It was original and was truly one of a kind. Local Artist, musicians and comedians called it a home for so long. Opened for Lunch n Dinner plus we also did catering.

Carefree but Focused

It was always great working on new projects and learning different techniques. I was always given reasonable time to complete my work and focus on making it better. I was comfortable but also challenged when working on projects which was a great learning experience for me and my art .

picker and packer

I enjoy the time I have with my coworkers getting to know them work with them as a team getting everything done. I have nor problems asking question or helping others when I am done with my task

Pros

lunch time 30 min break 20 min second break 15 min

Cons

to crowed people

Productive workspace

The workplace was both enjoyable & easy going laid back. The job offers an opportunity for advancement within the company. on the job training and programming

I worked as an independent contractor providing electrical and maintenance. There was a great atmosphere and excellent management. I really have nothing negative to say.

Pros

Great management

Unique Experience

great employees. comfortable work life balance. lots of changes. limited room for growth. employees stay in same role forever. great job for sales.

you are pressured to take and end calls fast.

Every call was timed. You will lose points in monthly activity log. You are pressured to complete your calls. Customer's are your business, if you seem rushed, some take offense and they will report you. Management critique's your calls for faster call endings.

Great Place To Work

It is an awesome place to work. I wish I could have continued to work out-of-state for them and returned after my pregnancy. However, it was a liability for the clients to have systems go that far away. Nonetheless, my boss and also Human Resource contacted me to check on my well being when I left and months after having my baby.

Pros

everything about the company as an employer is a con.

Cons

Company not allowed to employ in different states.

The Network Work Place

Put on headsets, start computer program to take calls. I learned about different types of companies, including insurance, airlines, restaurants and others. Management seemed over worked some, were very helpful. The culture was very automated, every one was engaged in their own calls and did not interact much. The hardest part was to get time for a bathroom break, if there were too many calls queued, we did not get permission for a break. The most enjoyable part was a lot of variety and it was very reliable.

Pros

Variety, reliable, consistent.

Cons

Difficult to get time for bath room breaks.

Fun work Place

For the four days, I was working with the Network at the Edinburgh film festival it was a great experience to know what it is like working with a group to produce a 15-minute show of question of sport. we all worked really hard to come up with great game rounds and questions for the show. I also went around with a camera to find celebrities to film for our mystery guest rounds.

Hectic and "who you know" atmosphere

Very hectic working on multiple printed employee campaigns with sales reps who were rarely in the office. Tension between client services and art department regarding design and text on materials. Frequent changes in sales rep assignments causing confusion for internal and external customers.

Great group of people to work with

I was with The Network for four enjoyable years. A very good work environment paired with great teammates and managers.

Pros

Great office space. Easy access to leadership.

Cons

Location. The commute was bad but after a while they let me work from home.

Tiresome workplace with varying flexibility

A typical day at work here consisted of mostly desk work alongside a team. However, guideline integrity fluctuated, often varying from channel to channel dependent on individual QA employees and any information regarding how work be completed was never set in stone, due to its constantly-changing nature, resulting in much confusion, re-checking and cross-checking with multiple employees needlessly, resulting in an increased amount of work with less productivity. Due to this, teams often disagreed with each other and their own members, resulting in constant often risk-taking just to see what was acceptable with clients and what was not. All in all, a tiresome experience mentally and a costly one when this affected employees' potential for bonus pay and the possibility of losing company clients. With better guideline construction and distribution between management and subordinates, it would have been much easier. In addition, the teams would often be understaffed, resulting in one team undertaking the leftover workload of another often. All in all, this was a needlessly stressful job, and the turnover rate seemed to reflect that. However, it was a job. It was doable, but all of the issues stacking up can wear employees down exponentially more quickly than would be expected from employment such as this.

Pros

Potential bonus pay, vocal HR department, diverse co-workers

Cons

Lack of communication between teams/departments, constantly understaffed, clients themselves often ended up confused/irate, possibly due to a lack of proper briefing on products offered by company, constant and rapid guideline changes causing confusion between employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Network