The Reject Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Reject Shop Employee Reviews

Australia407 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

A lot of hours a day

It was good but I didn't stay for long. When I had to call in sick managers would seem annoyed and told me to tell them a week before as if I can predict stuff like that. They would do that then change my roster in the same week. lol

Pros

good money

Cons

long hours but depends on you

relaxed work environment

easy-going workplace with flexible hours for students. provided with sufficient training, within the first week so was up and running by the time my arms had grown back

productive, great workers

you dont do too much special, just sock shelves and serve customers, there are times where it is very boring and it seems like it drags on forever.

Pros

easy

Cons

boring

Poor management

Management is slack there's no career progression at all no opportunities to move up, not secure work your employed as casual and stay as casual you can't move up the ladder as much as you show you are willing to learn

Pros

15 percent discount

Kind and encouraging environment

I worked at The Reject Shop Cranbourne Park and everyone I worked with were very kind and very encouraging even if mistakes were made. Definitely reccomend working there!

fun workplace, everyone amazing

not a too bad job, pretty basic. just do the main things of a retail job; clean and stack the shelves. look and help after customers if they need it.

Pros

nice people

Cons

retail

Best company ever

All the managers I worked with were excellent, very thorough with training to make sure you are comfortable doing the job required & also doing the job correctly.Loved all the staff & the customer experiences I had (everyone loves a bargain).

Cons

Poor management, very depressing culture.

In my personal expiernce I dreaded every shift, the management was appalling, I worked there at 16 years old and the manager would leave me by myself in the store on my 4th shift and go shopping. I got asked to leave after two years because I couldn't work on the same day as my HSC exam which was a big red flag for me to leave.

Pros

Good pay, flexibleish

Cons

Bad management and a lot of aggressive customer.

Good entry level job.

Its a good entry level job. It comes with its pros and cons like every job but with the reject shop majority of your expirence will be good. I will warn that some managers are prone to "favouritism" between team members at certain stores.

Pros

Good pay. Entry level job. Easy to learn the ropes.

Cons

Odd break hours

Hated every second here

The only good thing was interacting with the customers, other than that, the management and general environment made it really hard for me to stay positive. I got absolutely bullied there and I would certainly recommend to exit this job advertisement.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Managers

How The Reject Shop really is

This place is the worst to work at, they're toxic, unenthusiastic and make any excuse just to fire you. I will 100% not recommend even if it's seasonal or not it's not worth your time.

Pros

Leaving or not even applying

Cons

No breaks and rude bosses/employees

Would not work there

Worked as a Christmas casual throughout December-Feb. Long shifts, incredibly understaffed and team members weren't friendly. Overworked and was repeatedly guilt-tripped by manager. Little training given and was expected to handle large rushes of customers alone on busy days.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Long hours, severely understaffed

dont go there

A toxic work environment is one where employees find it difficult to work or progress in their careers due to the negative atmosphere created by coworkers, supervisors, or the company culture itself.

Pros

leaving

Cons

putty up with nasty individuals

Can be a fun workplace

I have been employed with TRS for nearly a year. Always on registers . Hours vary some weeks I get 3 hours now that were busy I get 15 but each shift I’m always on registers. It get really busy so there’s no chance of working on floor. Company doesn’t care for employees.

Pros

Some team members are nice

Cons

Have to wear a head seat always

Very enjoyable and fun workplace

Perfect job for high school or university students as hours and rostering are very flexible. Very enjoyable work environment, including in peak trading periods like Christmas. Frequently have the opportunity to collaborate on tasks with other team members and have definitely developed friendships through this job.

Pros

Good pay rates

Huge workload with limited staff and hours

"Fix" stage where their cutting wages, increasing deliveries, increasing tasks.Onboard training disastrous Managers doing 50hrs + weekly Little recognition, support and guidance.Forever changing managers in stores and area Possibly my worse career choice in choosing to Work at The Reject shopSince secured a role with an Australian company that pays well higher

Pros

Dealing with all sorts of characters ( customers )

Cons

Long hours, workload, pressure on KPIs

Productive and fun work environment

Awesome opportunity to further your career fun energetic place to work many aspects of customer service friendly work colegues clean and tidy work atmosphere

Pros

Awesome place to work with many job opportunity 😊

Cons

Excellent customer service

Great team

Flexible hoursGreat team environment Close to homeEasy access parking WH&S measures in place Sometimes a hectic environment Easy to understand instructions given at training

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Cranky customers

Love this place

The one that i work at is fantastic. they're super nice and the managers are kind, caring and considerate. The pay that I receive is great. I was only going to work was a Christmas casual but ended up staying. I have received other job offers but stay here because the environment is great!

Pros

Great managers, good pay!

Cons

No cons really - sometimes it's a bit boring

managment

the working environment was to put it lighty ok the managers were all very friendly minus one who would often bully and close the shop 30 minutes late due to a lack of concern however other than that i was able to make a few friends there

Pros

15% discount

Cons

hours were too short manager was a big bully

Easy fun place to work

The reject shop teaches lots of skills that will help you out in the future with jobs. They teach excellent customer service, cash handling, safety in moving and stocking shelves.

Pros

Discount on all products

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Reject Shop