The Reject Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Reject Shop Employee Reviews

The reject shop teaches lots of skills that will help you out in the future with jobs. They teach excellent customer service, cash handling, safety in moving and stocking shelves.
Pros
Discount on all products
Cons
The one that i work at is fantastic. they're super nice and the managers are kind, caring and considerate. The pay that I receive is great. I was only going to work was a Christmas casual but ended up staying. I have received other job offers but stay here because the environment is great!
Pros
Great managers, good pay!
Cons
No cons really - sometimes it's a bit boring
the working environment was to put it lighty ok the managers were all very friendly minus one who would often bully and close the shop 30 minutes late due to a lack of concern however other than that i was able to make a few friends there
Pros
15% discount
Cons
hours were too short manager was a big bully
Since the start of 2021, I have seen staff go from 4 to 2 everyday across most stores. The work load on management has increased, with basically 1 manager left to work loads, finish morning tasks, receive deliveries, while the other manager is left busy on registers for the majority of their shift. Stores are suffering, customers are complaining more, but cutting wages to show they are making huge deceptive profits to satisfy shareholders at cost to staff and customers is more important now. Best stay away, as the company is unrealistic in their expectations of staff and mangers are more slaves than valued employees. A lot of managers are working overtime now off the books to get on top of things. This is why there is a high turnover of store management.
Pros
Your team
Cons
Excessive unpaid overtime, excessive work demands, no time for breaks and little for lunch if your in management.
It was a very full on job constantly moving forwards, I learned the insides and outs of the reject shop. Management looked after us as best they could.. Hardest part of the job is adapting to different circumstances.. all in all the job was good
I enjoy working at TRS, because the team is very friendly and kind. No rushing the workers no pressure for anything, very calm and nice atmosphere at work .
The reject shop was a very fun, enjoyable place to work at. I learned cash handling, customer service, cleaning, stock rotation and just the ability to use my initiative. The hardest part would've been the customers and managing queues.
Pros
discounts
Cons
dealing with bad customers
Working at the reject shop was very stressful as their management changes very frequently. The training i received was poor and i was expected to figure everything out myself. The hours were low (depending on the manager) but the wage earned was fairly good
Pros
Wage
Cons
My favourite thing about this job was the fact that even though it was a job, I still got excited about coming in to work. If there was an extra shift, it wasn't hard to say yes. This job is fun, comfortable and overall great for someone still in school or uni.
I have really enjoyed working at the reject shop. It can be both slow and fast within the store. I have noticed though that a lot of the customers take our business for granted as it is a cheap shop. Be aware that the hours are really short, they are mainly 3 hour shifts.
Opportunity to work in customer service and/or merchandising. Great workplace to meet new people, work as a team and learn how to communicate effectively and work efficiently.
- clock on and work on registers or the floor - how to complete multiple tasks simultaneously - management was successful - work place culture was good between employees - dealing with abusive and unfair customers - working with a team
Loved working at here. Loved our boss, loved working with everyone there. Unfortunately, i had to resign for personal reason. Currently keeping an eye out for jobs here. Will definitely love to go back.
I worked there to get some work experience and travel experience with my school. It was calm, a bit burning, and I got to purchase things after we signed out for the day.
Pros
Cool Stuff for sale
Cons
Long Hours
It is extremely busy at our store which personally I love. All team members are a great team to work with. I love connecting with the customers. I enjoy the stock work this you need to be fast at and present the shelves well and tidy.
It was good working for the Reject shop, it gets hard when management changes all the time so re learning what each managers needs. But overall it wasn’t too bed
The reject shop I would not recommend to work for anybody they work on intimidation and bullying and what they want you to do and achieve is very unrealistic and the area manager is the worst area manager I’ve ever been associated with he is the biggest bully and intimidate are you will ever work with
I really loved working at the reject shop. They were good with training in store after fling the online training. My only problem was one of the managers, who was a bit up himself and definitely played favourites. I asked for a day off with enough time before the roster came out and was still rostered on that day, I spoke to him about it and he was rude and said it was a rostered day and wouldn’t let me explain that I had asked for it off beforehand
I’ve leaned a lot while working at the reject shop, the workers there are lovely. They are always willing to help you out when ever you’re struggling.
A typical day at the reject shop was fast-paced and you dealt with a lot of people. I learned about how to recover shelves and work on a team. The management was efficient and friendly. The hardest part of the job was manual labour and the most enjoyable was woking with friends after closing.
It was really good working there friendly staff but just not enough hours but I would recommend the reject shop to anyone I would go back there in a heart beat
  1. Employee Reviews