The Reject Shop Employee Reviews in Cairns QLD

Alright
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD7 August 2017
I didn't quite enjoy working at The Reject Shop because they didn't take inconsideration that I was at uni and needed time off work to study. However, the company taught me customer service skills, stock handling and register work.
Productive workplace, treat everyone who works there like family and all get on very well
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD27 November 2016
Everyone in the reject shop gets on so very well, we help each other out and treat each and every employee like family. Pay is reasonable and breaks are very fair.
Pros
Making customers happy
Cons
Not very many hours
Fun, Happy, Enjoyable
Checkout Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cairns, QLD25 August 2015
Loved the team efforts, management was really good, supportive people, great customer focused team. Happy workwing for such a great company.
Pros
Team Efforts
Cons
Staff Absences
Usually fun, though the insults get to you.
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Cairns, QLD23 August 2015
Most days are spent singing along to music and serving at the checkout, answering customer inquiries and restocking the shop. I have learned the basic rules on how to properly merchandise however, it being the Reject Shop we do attract some negative people, (which, yes, you do get everywhere) that come in fairly often and are easily upset. My boss I believe picks on my, saying I have a bad attitude however, I have asked other co-workers and they say I am the opposite. The hardest part of my job is to stay happy after an unhappy customer and the most enjoyable is the sense of pride I feel when the shop looks perfect again.
Pros
15% discount on stock, good co-workers
Cons
My boss and the long hours on both weekend days