The Reject Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Reject Shop Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Working at the reject shop was very stressful as their management changes very frequently. The training i received was poor and i was expected to figure everything out myself. The hours were low (depending on the manager) but the wage earned was fairly good
Pros
Wage
Cons
I have really enjoyed working at the reject shop. It can be both slow and fast within the store. I have noticed though that a lot of the customers take our business for granted as it is a cheap shop. Be aware that the hours are really short, they are mainly 3 hour shifts.
working at the reject shop is a good first job, its faced past, repetitive work and a good environment to work in. lovely people there always helping you and you get a lot of friendly customers as well.
Poor management , high level unable to put things into real prospective and lower management just suck up to be where they are.Totally jobs for the friends and relatives. Raciast, bullies and i could not recommend them full stop.
Pros
good union LUCRF
Cons
RACIAST AND BULLIES especially middle management.
I enjoy working at the rejects shop as the customers are friendly and I am able to communicate with a range of people.I have learned how to speak to people, how to maintain a positive personality even in hard situations, how to problem solve and how to deal with money. Workplace culture is good and management is as well. The hardest part of the job is working hard but never achieving anything, or dealing with challenging customers. The most enjoyable part is working with fun people and great customers!
Pros
helps to build important skills
Cons
not good enough pay or shifts
The reject shop was a fun and enjoyable place to work as the management is amazing and made me more confident, developed skills such as cash handling and responsibility
Very demanding workplace with new implementations that need ironing out. Feeling was that every month you were expected to Take on more responsibility and get more done in the same amount of time for the same money Take advantage of salary and casual wages
the most enjoyable part of the job for me was greeting and meeting new customers. i enjoyed being on the counter as communicating is favourite thing in customer service. the workplace environment was safe and comfortable, the staff all got along. the cons of working there was that, employees got minimum wage and hours and shifts throughout the week.
Pros
new uniforms
Cons
short hours and minimum wage
The Reject Shop was very fun for me to work at. I made heaps of friends and learnt a lot of skills which will benefit me in the long run. The hardest part was definitely how busy it got during Christmas.
Pros
Discounts on products
Hi pressure in a competitive discount retail market. The business has a great team environment and work together to achieve the best results possible. A challenging but rewarding business to work for.
Pros
A business that empowers team members to deliver on their KPI's and reward outstanding results
Cons
Everyone's a winner at the Reject shop, and that's no lie. With savvy staff and great pay, what's not to like? Well, expect for the customers of coarse.
Pros
staff, pay, work hours
Cons
christmas hours, customers
Like all retail management positions there is very little work/life balance. However, they do have a good culture and I did enjoy working there. They don't like to promote from within so once you reach a store manager there is not a lot of room to expand your career.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
poor work life balance
Unless your working as a contract casual the company are not interested in you. As a casual you are dispensable so that's more attractive. Very poor human relations.
Pros
They are stupid
Cons
They are hopeless
It was a great job to have very fast paced and a great company, I never had any problems with this company I would not have left if I didn't have to due to my living arrangements
The only con about working at The Reject Shop is the lack of hrs too many staff, they prefer to hire the younger ones they are cheaper to hire but they're unreliable most of the time. It also depends on the manager you have to i have had good and bad ones. The one i have is a bit in between. I have been working with the company for over 8 years now and I'm still a part timer and looking for a new job where i'm not constantly on register. I like to have variety in my job.
Pros
Friendly staff, easy jobs.
Cons
Not enough hrs, management, Difficult customers, stsnding in one place for a long time.
A typical day at TRS would be splitting the pallets, loading the trolleys and getting the stock out, or working the stock on the overheads, ticketing products both new and old stock, serving customers with exceptional customer service skills. At the end of each day in the last hour or two our team will start recovery (meaning that we clean the store going through everything aisle per aisle ensuring that all stock is in its rightful place, ticketing is correct, no loose stock) any loose stock found goes in a basket up the front ready to be returned. A staff member will start sorting through all the baskets and then we end up with wastage/mark-downs/theft etc. Since working with TRS I have developed strong communication skills, improved on my leadership skills, and have learnt to work independently in my own section. Prior to working at TRS I was always unsure and doubting my capability. I have learnt how to merchandise, work with promotion, use an RF, check inventory and even take pride in my work.
Pros
part-time, friendly faces, regulars
Cons
not enough hours
I highly enjoyed working at the Reject Shop as I loved serving customers, interacting and having conversations with the customers. A typical day for me at the store would be to open up my register, make sure my registers clean and tidy, being the main cashier I was responsible to keeping the front of the store clean at all times. When it wasn't busy I would stock shelves just near the register, also would sweep the floors and wipe benches. Serve customers, speak to them friendly and ask them if they need any help
Pros
discount
Cons
The workers in the reject shop have a great sense of humour and are really welcoming to new employers and customers. Although the customers can be sketchy, the workers and the payment is worthwhile.
Pros
in the werribee pacific
Cons
annoying customers
i had alots fun working at reject shop because i got important thing working at reject such as How to good serve customers and help them if they need help.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Learnt how to talk to and help customers in a polite manner, how to resolve problems, how to stock shelves, proper way to handle money. etc.
fun work place, great people. normally get a delvery, unload the stock and work it though out the day.
Pros
nice and friendly staff
Cons
irregular roster