The Reject Shop Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 September 2018
The reject shop was a fun and enjoyable place to work as the management is amazing and made me more confident, developed skills such as cash handling and responsibility
Hard work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 September 2018
Very demanding workplace with new implementations that need ironing out.
Feeling was that every month you were expected to Take on more responsibility and get more done in the same amount of time for the same money
Take advantage of salary and casual wages
Fun and comfortable environment for all staff
Customer Service and Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 August 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job for me was greeting and meeting new customers. i enjoyed being on the counter as communicating is favourite thing in customer service. the workplace environment was safe and comfortable, the staff all got along. the cons of working there was that, employees got minimum wage and hours and shifts throughout the week.
Pros
new uniforms
Cons
short hours and minimum wage
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 August 2018
The Reject Shop was very fun for me to work at. I made heaps of friends and learnt a lot of skills which will benefit me in the long run. The hardest part was definitely how busy it got during Christmas.
Pros
Discounts on products
Hi pressure in a competitive discount retail market. The business has a great team environment and work together to achieve the best results possible.
Buyer Home Storage and General House Cares (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Vic19 August 2018

A challenging but rewarding business to work for.
Pros
A business that empowers team members to deliver on their KPI's and reward outstanding results
Cons
Good pay, good company, good.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 August 2018
Everyone's a winner at the Reject shop, and that's no lie.
With savvy staff and great pay, what's not to like? Well, expect for the customers of coarse.
Pros
staff, pay, work hours
Cons
christmas hours, customers
Good Company
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne25 January 2018
Like all retail management positions there is very little work/life balance. However, they do have a good culture and I did enjoy working there.

They don't like to promote from within so once you reach a store manager there is not a lot of room to expand your career.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
poor work life balance
Management are Bullies
Storeperson / Forklift Driver / Reach Truck (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC DC28 July 2017
Unless your working as a contract casual the company are not interested in you. As a casual you are dispensable so that's more attractive. Very poor human relations.
Pros
They are stupid
Cons
They are hopeless
Very fast paced place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 May 2017
It was a great job to have very fast paced and a great company, I never had any problems with this company I would not have left if I didn't have to due to my living arrangements
Great workplace, minimum hrs
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 January 2017
The only con about working at The Reject Shop is the lack of hrs too many staff, they prefer to hire the younger ones they are cheaper to hire but they're unreliable most of the time. It also depends on the manager you have to i have had good and bad ones. The one i have is a bit in between. I have been working with the company for over 8 years now and I'm still a part timer and looking for a new job where i'm not constantly on register. I like to have variety in my job.
Pros
Friendly staff, easy jobs.
Cons
Not enough hrs, management, Difficult customers, stsnding in one place for a long time.
Challenging but the good kind
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 July 2016
A typical day at TRS would be splitting the pallets, loading the trolleys and getting the stock out, or working the stock on the overheads, ticketing products both new and old stock, serving customers with exceptional customer service skills.
At the end of each day in the last hour or two our team will start recovery (meaning that we clean the store going through everything aisle per aisle ensuring that all stock is in its rightful place, ticketing is correct, no loose stock) any loose stock found goes in a basket up the front ready to be returned.
A staff member will start sorting through all the baskets and then we end up with wastage/mark-downs/theft etc.
Since working with TRS I have developed strong communication skills, improved on my leadership skills, and have learnt to work independently in my own section. Prior to working at TRS I was always unsure and doubting my capability. I have learnt how to merchandise, work with promotion, use an RF, check inventory and even take pride in my work.
Pros
part-time, friendly faces, regulars
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Main cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia VIC23 September 2015
I highly enjoyed working at the Reject Shop as I loved serving customers, interacting and having conversations with the customers. A typical day for me at the store would be to open up my register, make sure my registers clean and tidy, being the main cashier I was responsible to keeping the front of the store clean at all times. When it wasn't busy I would stock shelves just near the register, also would sweep the floors and wipe benches. Serve customers, speak to them friendly and ask them if they need any help
Pros
discount
Cons
being productive with fun people
Cashier and Recovery (Former Employee) –  melbourne VIC3 September 2015
The workers in the reject shop have a great sense of humour and are really welcoming to new employers and customers. Although the customers can be sketchy, the workers and the payment is worthwhile.
Pros
in the werribee pacific
Cons
annoying customers
Productive and has alots fun work at reject shop
packer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC22 August 2015
i had alots fun working at reject shop because i got important thing working at reject such as How to good serve customers and help them if they need help.
Pros
free lunches
Productive fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC18 May 2015
Learnt how to talk to and help customers in a polite manner, how to resolve problems, how to stock shelves, proper way to handle money. etc.
fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne23 March 2014
fun work place, great people.
normally get a delvery, unload the stock and work it though out the day.
Pros
nice and friendly staff
Cons
irregular roster
Fantastic place to work, great people
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport Distribution Centre28 January 2013
Extremely busy days filled with very satisfying results.
I looked after the daily needs and rostering of up to 200 Distribution Staff regarding Annual Leave, RDO's, ADO's, Sick Leave etc.
I absolutely loved hiring the seasonal (of up to 100 every year) staff and giving them the opportunity to work in a safe and friendly work environment, with great conditions and a great pay rate.
I have learned that we are all the same, but come in different packaging. If you take the time to ask questions, you can see inside a person and see who they really are. Then you can sit back and reap the rewards knowing you have a great team you are working with.
The Management Team are a fantastic bunch, they really care about their staff and are always looking for ways in making a better, safer work environment.
The hardest time for me was making the decision to move on after 20 years.
I would thoroughly recommend this as a great place to work.
Pros
fantastic people to work with