The Reject Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Reject Shop Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Perth WA11 reviews
Stocking and cleaning shelves, assisting customers and using the box crusher.
The hardest part of the job was when there was no work to do.

I enjoyed the work environment.

As I was doing Work experience I found the Management and Staff very helpful.
Always making sure your on the ball with everything always keeping standard safety for your self and others also learning something new everyway I always get something productive done
Unless you want to get tread on like a piece of dirt, do not work here, I worked in multiple stores (all between rockingham and fremantle) and all were the same
pay was ok but they give u max 3 hours a week AND they cut your shifts entirely if you make one small mistake.

Nobody ever points out the good, only the bad things that you've done which aren't even that big, but they make it seem like you've ruined the company, and thus threaten to cut your HEFTY 3 hours shifts.

Overall the only thing I learnt from working here was how to deal with managers and people higher up (area/regional managers) that will belittle you and treat you like TRASH.
Company is great ro work for, my only issue was an area manager who liked brown nosers. And that isnt me.
The salarys are good for retail and the team discount is also friends and family, so its a pretty good deal.
Fast pace working environment. All team-members were super friendly and always kept a high standard of professionalism and energy through-out the day.
productive and a fun workplace with funny workmate.
while working at the reject shop i have learned and gained some valuable skills that will contribute to any future role i hold in the retail industry.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
Such a poor and unprofessional work environment. The people are terrible and nasty. There is no point trying to bring up problems in the work place with higher management or HR because nothing gets done about it. Nothing is confidential when it comes to these concerns. Such an unprofessional work environment.
Pros
Cons
everything
My typical day at work was attending the cash register, cleaning up and tidying the isles near the register making sure the stock was neat. I would serve customers that purchased items and also greet them or assist them in finding items.

I learnt how to deal with difficult customers and to stay calm and not be rude.

The hardest part of my job was trying to keep myself occupied when there was nothing else to do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was organising the store and putting stock away, as I like making things aesthetically pleasing.
Pros
Good break times, good pay
Productive and fun workplace with skillful and welcoming staffs.
I have learned so many skills such as arranging, using equipment, communication and customer servicing.
Pros
great lunch breaks
Working stock, recovery, replenishment, and tills.

team work is the key!!!

management are great but need a bit more communication between both parties.

co workers were always great and fun to be around.

was locking the dodgy door at the end of each shift.

Helping the customers with anything they need, especially the oldies, always a great laugh.
Pros
free lunches at meetings
Cons
lack of team work
The management is horrendous, the company does not care about its workers, the benefits are nonexistent... If you like self-immolation and flagellation, this is the job for you!
I'm not joking. It's horrible. The only upside are your coworkers, and most of them are horrible as well. They're very gossipy.
Pros
15% staff discount
Cons
Everything but the 15% staff discount