The Reject Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Reject Shop Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW11 reviews
Enjoyed my time here. Only left because I was moving overseas. Everyone I worked with was really great management were always helpful
didn't like the workplace at all since everything in there seemed unorganised almost everyday. the manager was really unorganised. I had a hard time settling in.
The company does not support the staff and are expected to do an insane amount of stock and there’s no time to do things that are enjoyable in the job role.
They are stingy on hours and save in the wrong places.

They don’t do anything for Christmas party’s or events.

You’re expected to do overtime without pay and work.
Pros
The people
Cons
The whole company
I started out as a Manager and worked up to Area manager great company who supports ambition and effort.
The most enjoyable part of this job is creating a successful team and teaching young people about retail.

The hardest part of the job is things you can not control like slow shopping days due to weather or something out of your control.
Pros
goos culture able to be recognised for good work
Cons
uncontrolable out comes
worked in management and didnt like it.
profit first before people

long hours and lots of stock to process with less staff

didnt like it
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours, lots of stock, profit focused not people.
It was a great experience to get to work at the Reject Shop,
If i could go back i would in a heartbeat. Great Co-Workers, Some times it can be very tiring but with the staff and management you have to help and support its overall great.
My coworkers were all friendly and helpful, though the job itself was quite busy as we dealt with a lot of customers.

A typical day involved either being on the registers serving customers and selling items, or facing - keeping the store tidy and presentable and the stock on the shelves neat. Some days I did more of one than the other, usually I would switch between depending on how busy the registers were.

I learned how to deal with customers and provide good customer service with a smile. I also learned how to deal with stressful situations such as power blackouts, unhappy customers or distressed customers.
You enter the workplace and complete the work required by the manager. As you excel in different areas of work, you begin to learn new things and the job becomes second nature. The management team is fun to work with as they create a fun but challenging work environment. The hardest part of the job is the aftermath of a night fill session. Trying to stay cool when the shop looks like its going to crumble. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with your team members and helping out customers
Pros
discount and work experience
Cons
repetitive
always happy to work with team member, Provide friendly customer service and able to make customer satisfy. Able to work with calmly and handle all customers even the most negative ones.
Answer telephone inquiries from customers and store regarding the status of units and other service issues.
A typical day at the reject shop is picking heavy object on high shelf of the store. I have learnt how to pick and pack things of shelf, clean up the aisles and customer service.
The co-workers in the reject shop are easy to get a long with and are people who understand you.

the hardest thing working in the reject shop is lifting heavy objects and stacking them on shelf's or moving them around. one of the enjoyments of working in the Reject shop is seeing the customers happy with the outcome their purchase.
co - workers are great
its fun to meet and greet new people

management is the worst i have ever been in, company keeps changing the manager ans everything changes all the time.

the job has long hours but worth it in the end.

i learn t about merchandising, time management, team work and supervising a group.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
constant change of mangers