The Reject Shop Employee Reviews for Cashier

bad experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC10 February 2018
only 3 hours a fortnight and no training provided. Only 2 people in store at once, so very busy at the registers, poor management and organizational skills.
safety in the work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW30 September 2017
is very customer safe, issues were always dealt and resolved, staff would always greet customers with a smile and always made sure the customers were well looked after, staff would help customers even if they were on beak
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
My shifts just kept declining
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW20 January 2017
Working at the reject shop helped me with confidence when talking to customers and solving problems. Then i just kept losing more and more shifts.
Friendly, efficient work environment.
Retail Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD28 December 2016
Working at The Reject Shop, I handled store returns as well as general cleaning and circulation of stock. In addition to this, frequent management of cash registers and assistance of customers instore; have allowed me to learn the correct demeanor in which to interact with customers. These experiences have provided me with ample knowledge about customer service, store efficiency and retail standards. Overall the staff grew a family dynamic and I really have nothing negative to say about my experience working there at all.
It is fun and very easy going.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC23 July 2016
I enjoyed working at the reject shop everyone is friendly and the work environment was very relaxed, although we worked hard time flys, and i do recommend it because i've had such a good time working there.
Good workplace kept nice and tidy, nice staff that will help you with anything you need.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Warrawong NSW7 July 2016
I have learnt to be independent, talk to customers and help them with their needs and requirements.
All staff is friendly and willing to help if you don't understand anything or need assistance with anything.
The hardest part about the job is how busy it gets, but thats with any job, so when it gets busy, just call up another staff member to help out at the registers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Standing up in one position
Its a Great Starting Job
Retail assistant, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fernvale QLD18 February 2016
As title says. Great starting Job though nothing really more then that.

Shifts are really stretched due to the small budget every week. Great after School job but its not much to live off unless you sign on full time which most cant if study or other reasons.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  NSW15 January 2016
Face paced and fun environment. The job has taught me customer service and to engage with them. It taught me how to be motivated and a team player, experience in cash handling, use common sense and work through problems, perform tasks in an efficient manner. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when customers were not happy.
Fun place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverton, SA19 November 2015
My co-workers were very welcoming, I liked working stock but really anything I was put to was fun! The managers were very nice, and always made sure you were comfortable.
Productive and fun workplace
Main cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia VIC23 September 2015
I highly enjoyed working at the Reject Shop as I loved serving customers, interacting and having conversations with the customers. A typical day for me at the store would be to open up my register, make sure my registers clean and tidy, being the main cashier I was responsible to keeping the front of the store clean at all times. When it wasn't busy I would stock shelves just near the register, also would sweep the floors and wipe benches. Serve customers, speak to them friendly and ask them if they need any help
Pros
discount
Cons
dont take things on face value
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenelg, SA20 September 2015
I learned that if it seems un-ethical it generally is.
At times working with the staff was the hardest part.
only got along well with a couple of managers, people mainly out for themselves
Pros
life experience
Cons
manipulative culture
being productive with fun people
Cashier and Recovery (Former Employee) –  melbourne VIC3 September 2015
The workers in the reject shop have a great sense of humour and are really welcoming to new employers and customers. Although the customers can be sketchy, the workers and the payment is worthwhile.
Pros
in the werribee pacific
Cons
annoying customers
Usually fun, though the insults get to you.
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Cairns, QLD23 August 2015
Most days are spent singing along to music and serving at the checkout, answering customer inquiries and restocking the shop. I have learned the basic rules on how to properly merchandise however, it being the Reject Shop we do attract some negative people, (which, yes, you do get everywhere) that come in fairly often and are easily upset. My boss I believe picks on my, saying I have a bad attitude however, I have asked other co-workers and they say I am the opposite. The hardest part of my job is to stay happy after an unhappy customer and the most enjoyable is the sense of pride I feel when the shop looks perfect again.
Pros
15% discount on stock, good co-workers
Cons
My boss and the long hours on both weekend days
cash
Cashier (Former Employee) –  TAS20 August 2015
was good learning and fun lots of work to do and fun and easy was good help. most the time I spent doing customer service and cash handling
Fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pinjarra, WA9 January 2015
People that come through The Reject Shop tend to be really, caring, family people which is great because everyday you would meet someone new that you could have a fun conversation with. I learnt that the working life is very different in comparison to an everyday teenage life or one that would be just to go to school and see friends. I got along with all my co-workers, as everyone at The Reject Shop is friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was probably standing up all day but the most enjoyable part was meeting new people, people that come from every where, different ages, sizes, races, it was great to be able to work in an environment that feels so safe and welcoming.
Pros
friendly co-workers, great management
alright
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Townsville, Queensland10 December 2014
a typical day at work i would usually be on registers serving customers, but occasionally i would be working on the floor

management wasn't all that good, because out of 10 workers, there was only 3 (including myself) that would actually work, the rest (including manger and supervisor) would sit out in the lunch room on their phones and occasionally brought pets into the lunch room.
Pros
I left the store
Cons
Lack of communication skills between manager and staff.
always fun at workplace with team member
cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW12 March 2014
always happy to work with team member, Provide friendly customer service and able to make customer satisfy. Able to work with calmly and handle all customers even the most negative ones.
Answer telephone inquiries from customers and store regarding the status of units and other service issues.