The Reject Shop Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Fun Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW29 November 2018
Its A Great workplace, people here are lovely and most of the customers are regulary so you create a bond with them, its a fun and open minded place managment is good, they always check up on you and make sure u do the tasks in a safe and proper way
Pros
celebrations
Management is not great
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD20 November 2018
Of the 3 managers that I worked with only 1 manager was professional and effective at their job. The other 2 managers were not pleasant to staff and were extremely difficult to work with.
Secure Workplace
Team member/customer service (Current Employee) –  Mentone VIC15 September 2018
A good employer with many opportunities and benefits. Always learning something new and growing within the company.

The management is structured and efficient while the workplace culture is fair, tolerant and friendly.
Fun and comfortable environment for all staff
Customer Service and Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 August 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job for me was greeting and meeting new customers. i enjoyed being on the counter as communicating is favourite thing in customer service. the workplace environment was safe and comfortable, the staff all got along. the cons of working there was that, employees got minimum wage and hours and shifts throughout the week.
Pros
new uniforms
Cons
short hours and minimum wage
Good pay, good company, good.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 August 2018
Everyone's a winner at the Reject shop, and that's no lie.
With savvy staff and great pay, what's not to like? Well, expect for the customers of coarse.
Pros
staff, pay, work hours
Cons
christmas hours, customers
Good leaning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Biloela QLD15 June 2018
Overall, great learning experience, but i wasnt able to do much apart from serving at the cashier and checking stock around the front of the store.:::
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not much to do
The pay is ok
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Fairfield QLD6 March 2018
it is busy on the weekend, I have learnt customer service . the work place is ok . the hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the customers .
Pros
i get a break after 3.5 hours.
Cons
bad pay . little pay and not much hours available .
Fun place - awful upper management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Rosebud VIC23 February 2018
The upper management is unbelievably corrupt - often restricting my shifts to no more than 3.75 hours to avoid giving me a paid break. Apart from that, good environment.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Awful shift times.
Working Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT15 February 2018
Woking at the Reject Shop is an rewarding experience. I have learned many valuable skills and responsibilities that will help me throughout my professional and personal career.
One of the best companies I've worked for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC10 December 2017
I loved working for The Reject Shop, staff were all treated nicely, good hours, easy and nice jobs, well payed and nice environment. I would of never left other then the fact I moved states away. Great company to work for, trains the staff very well.
Pros
Great hours and good pay
a workplace
Customer Service & Stocker (Former Employee) –  Glendale NSW30 November 2017
the manager at glendale is really rude towards all new employees, only has favourites towards older employees, the job is good for some points but not all the time
Pretty decent company to work for
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD25 October 2017
Loved everyone I worked with, and was given plenty of training and opportunities to progress within the company. Would never get bored working here, theres always something to do, although this did become testing at times. Managers would constantly be under pressure to do way too much work than they should have to, and are often given no choice but to do 12+ hour days because of this.
Pros
Really great people that worked there, merchandising things how you want
Cons
un-necessarily high workload with little staff
always on your feet but nice company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St Helens TAS30 September 2017
typical day at work included: customer service, stock refill, end of day recovery and cleaning. management was good, everything was fair, and everyone was treated as an equal until it came to others in the workplace who decided to bully other co workers. there wasn't really anything hard about the job as such, it was reasonably good for a first job. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the people you met
Pros
new people to meet, discounts off things you buy within the shop, good lunch breaks
Cons
bullying whenever it occurred, difficult customers, making sure the till was always right
Productive and Enjoyable Ennvironment
Team Member - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bacchus Marsh VIC9 July 2017
I have been working at the Reject Shop for over a year now and have met some really amazing coworkers. They have taught me everything that I know with an easy to understand language and helpful and comforting attitudes. I have learnt social skills, organisational skills and have learnt to present myself with a happy attitude.
Productive and fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tamworth NSW16 June 2017
Working at the Reject Shop for the past 5 years has been one of the best experiences of my life, as it has taught me how to operate in a fast-paced environment and continuously strive to be the best Team Member I can possibly be.
Pros
Efficient work environment
My Experience is Biased
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Sarina QLD8 June 2017
In my 3 years with the Reject shop, my towns managers would guilt trip when i was sick, and expected hours notice for an illness which suddenly occurs 30 min before.

My hours were cut horribly due to a loss of money to the company yet juniors were hired regularly, even when i was only getting 6 hours a month.

While it is a good store to work at under contract or when you're under 18 years old, it can be hard if youre casual and above 18 (its when you get expensive
The manager
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aitkenvale QLD6 June 2017
The manager wasn't very nice and didn't treat me very well. some staff didn't treat me very well either. the work/life balance wasn't very good and i didn't like the hours that i was given
Pros
Cons
the staff and the manager
work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Claremont TAS15 March 2017
its alright. some good people, some bad. but it can be a good place to work.

some manager are bad and others are amazing.

I guess it depends on which place you are in
Fun, diverse atmosphere
customer service in a busy atmosphere (Former Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW26 February 2017
At The Reject Shop, the typical day consisted of assisting customers with their needs, using the register to perform sales tasks, restocking of inventory. I learned how to deal with difficult customers, how to stock items properly, do returns and exchanges.
The job was quite easy and never challenging. It was enjoyable because my colleagues were very nice and helpful with everything.
A great, friendly, dynamic environment
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC29 January 2017
Great people, great work environment, sadly not enough job security unless you're contracted.
Would definitely recommend them however, if you're looking for very casual or on call work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reject Shop. Our community is ready to answer.