The Reject Shop
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Reject Shop Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative45 reviews
Australia45 reviews
management was really good always hands on. typical day at work would be when we all get shouted lunch to do over time. The workplace culture is a nice family Environment. enjoyable part is customer service.
The reject shop was a very fun, enjoyable place to work at. I learned cash handling, customer service, cleaning, stock rotation and just the ability to use my initiative. The hardest part would've been the customers and managing queues.
Pros
discounts
Cons
dealing with bad customers
It was really good working there friendly staff but just not enough hours but I would recommend the reject shop to anyone I would go back there in a heart beat
My employers weren't the best people to work for at stages,my job was repetitive and boring, most shifts were only 3hrs and seemed like a waste of time
Good team good customer and good work experience. Meet alot of good customers who were easy to help provided an effective way to achieve the required Kpi.
Pros
Cool customer
Very understanding and supportive management & staff who are highly regulating their stores to their best potential, great workers, great service and deals. This was an ideal causal position.
Pros
Great
Cons
I Couldn't complain
working at the reject shop was a great experience. the people were amazing and it was overall amazing. although as it was a new store it over hired and i had very little hours of work a week.
Pros
discount
Cons
almost no shifts
The Reject Shop is an easy going retail store with opportunities to work as a customer service representative and restock and organize shelves, the management of the Reject Shop is well represented and the layout of the stores are always well presented. Working at The Reject Shop i found that the most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers and contributing to making someones day better with a friendly conversation, there isn't a lot about the job i found hard besides an occasional fast-paced day on the cash register.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Fast paced
Its A Great workplace, people here are lovely and most of the customers are regulary so you create a bond with them, its a fun and open minded place managment is good, they always check up on you and make sure u do the tasks in a safe and proper way
Pros
celebrations
Of the 3 managers that I worked with only 1 manager was professional and effective at their job. The other 2 managers were not pleasant to staff and were extremely difficult to work with.
A good employer with many opportunities and benefits. Always learning something new and growing within the company.

The management is structured and efficient while the workplace culture is fair, tolerant and friendly.
the most enjoyable part of the job for me was greeting and meeting new customers. i enjoyed being on the counter as communicating is favourite thing in customer service. the workplace environment was safe and comfortable, the staff all got along. the cons of working there was that, employees got minimum wage and hours and shifts throughout the week.
Pros
new uniforms
Cons
short hours and minimum wage
Everyone's a winner at the Reject shop, and that's no lie.
With savvy staff and great pay, what's not to like? Well, expect for the customers of coarse.
Pros
staff, pay, work hours
Cons
christmas hours, customers
Overall, great learning experience, but i wasnt able to do much apart from serving at the cashier and checking stock around the front of the store.:::
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not much to do
it is busy on the weekend, I have learnt customer service . the work place is ok . the hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the customers .
Pros
i get a break after 3.5 hours.
Cons
bad pay . little pay and not much hours available .
The upper management is unbelievably corrupt - often restricting my shifts to no more than 3.75 hours to avoid giving me a paid break. Apart from that, good environment.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Awful shift times.
Woking at the Reject Shop is an rewarding experience. I have learned many valuable skills and responsibilities that will help me throughout my professional and personal career.
I loved working for The Reject Shop, staff were all treated nicely, good hours, easy and nice jobs, well payed and nice environment. I would of never left other then the fact I moved states away. Great company to work for, trains the staff very well.
Pros
Great hours and good pay
the manager at glendale is really rude towards all new employees, only has favourites towards older employees, the job is good for some points but not all the time
Loved everyone I worked with, and was given plenty of training and opportunities to progress within the company. Would never get bored working here, theres always something to do, although this did become testing at times. Managers would constantly be under pressure to do way too much work than they should have to, and are often given no choice but to do 12+ hour days because of this.
Pros
Really great people that worked there, merchandising things how you want
Cons
un-necessarily high workload with little staff
typical day at work included: customer service, stock refill, end of day recovery and cleaning. management was good, everything was fair, and everyone was treated as an equal until it came to others in the workplace who decided to bully other co workers. there wasn't really anything hard about the job as such, it was reasonably good for a first job. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the people you met
Pros
new people to meet, discounts off things you buy within the shop, good lunch breaks
Cons
bullying whenever it occurred, difficult customers, making sure the till was always right